Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       08-31-2015, 11:48 AM Reply   
Sooooo,

I've had a ton of interest in guys wanting to buy my boat. I do love it, but they are offering to make me some money. Mine is a 2010 Sanger V210 approx 210 hours, with center ballast and no stereo (only inboats), a couple fatsacs and pump to list it for surfing. I'm torn as I've found a decent 2008 Nautique SAN 210 for a little more with 400 hours (average by my standards). Any one with opinions/experience that can offer a little insight. The SAN appears to have a decent stereo, triple ballast, and nice interior layout. Just putting it out there for anyone to chime in, flame me, provide a valued opinion, or tell me a dirty joke.

"Remember kids, when someone offers you drugs, say thank you, 'cause drugs are expensive"
-Anon.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       08-31-2015, 12:19 PM Reply   
if you can swing it, do it.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-31-2015, 12:22 PM Reply   
A good mate has a 210 with that hull. It is a super nice boat, quite an upgrade from the v210 platform. Wake performance is good but it needs alot of weight to match and exceed what we get out of our V210 the way we run it. The boat handles it will tho. Interior space is really nice, convertor seat is cool. Overall great boat, go for it
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-31-2015, 1:14 PM Reply   
The 210 would be an upgrade purely in the "amount of boat" category. It has twice the freeboard, twice the storage, twice the room ( exaggerating just a bit but you get the point) and is a rock solid product. You'll feel like the 210 is as big as your living room compared to the Sanger.

You're Sanger is also bomb proof and built extremely well. Performance wise I think the wakeboard wakes are going to be pretty much a wash. You could argue either way one has better wake depending on how you weight it. The 210 will need more weight in it for sure. Surprisingly the Nautique 210 has a really rock solid ride in the chop. The Sanger still beats it but not as far off as you think. Surf wise though , if surfing is in your game, without a doubt the Nautique wins. The Sanger though pops out of the hole so fast, drives extremely well. The Nautique no matter how much you prop it down just doesn't zip out of the hole loaded up like that Sanger would.

I upgraded from an OG Xstar (205v hull)simply because I needed more boat. Couldn't be happier. I do miss that old OG Xstar wake from time to time, but the 210 was the perfect upgrade in space , versatility, and quality I as looking for. That rear facing lounge conversion gets used a crap ton in my boat and is probably the most loved feature by everyone who gets in it to watch the action.

Last edited by xstarrider; 08-31-2015 at 1:19 PM.
Old    Paxdad            09-01-2015, 4:59 AM Reply   
Make your money on the Sanger sale and get the Nautique if it looks good. I have an 08 210 with 411 hours. The only negative with the SANTE is the vinyl but skins are readily available. The resale on the SANTE will hold value much longer than the Sanger....... What is the seller asking for the 210?? Should be mid $40k with trailer.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       09-01-2015, 8:55 AM Reply   
Ya thats the price, he's listing at 50K all day, but I'm certain he'd drop it a bit.
Old    Paxdad            09-01-2015, 10:01 AM Reply   
The market is right at $45-49 depending on options. 2008 model year is holding very steady from a resale perspective. I would expect it to do so for next two years and then make an adjustment.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       09-01-2015, 10:33 AM Reply   
The skins on the rear seats were a recall from Nautique. If the owner had them replaced under warranty, you should'nt have any issues with them moving forward.