Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (b20forlife)      Join Date: Jul 2015       08-15-2015, 1:44 PM Reply   
Ok I don't have a wakeboard boat I have just a normal runabout boat. I'm trying to install some subwoofers but need help with a box. I have two seat in the back and would like to put them there. One under each seat. Now I had 1 wet sounds ht 10as all in one sub and amp. This was very impressive and sounded real good for being just 1 10" sub. Well I decided to buy 2 wet sounds xs-12 subwoofers to replace it. They are being powered by a fosgate r1200-1d. I bought some rhino lined qbomb boxes that have 1.3 cuft. I know my sub requires 1.1. But didn't think .2 difference would make a difference. Well these 12's sound real boomy and don't hit. My 10" sounded way better an hit harder then both these 12s put together. Will downsizing the box make a difference to make them sound better? I have the space available for 16" wide, 15" high and about 22" deep max. Any way I can make a ported box in this space to the air space recommends? In the event that I have to go seal will a 1.1 box really make a difference from my 1.3? Thanks in advance
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       08-15-2015, 3:07 PM Reply   
Sure, the enclosure reduction will make an audible difference and provide a stronger upper bass. The bass will sound a little more 'live'. However, the parameters on that woofer should still work well in 1.3 cu.ft. gross.
Those 12s will 'hit' with ease and two 12s properly powered should be a monster. If those two 12s aren't more than satisfactory in the recommended enclosure then start looking at the location, tuning (crossover selection & gain), and other aspects of the system.
Btw, quality bass also depends on having enough midbass from your coaxials to create a good balance. When I hear the term "boomy" related to a larger woofer, I don't think the woofer is too large, I instantly think the sub gain is too high.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-15-2015, 5:31 PM Reply   
With the r1200.1, your woofers are only netting 400W rms each. I would also look into a woofer thats going to provide at least 1200W @ 2 ohm or upwards of 1500W @ 2 ohm. That will really wake them up.
Old     (b20forlife)      Join Date: Jul 2015       08-18-2015, 8:07 AM Reply   
Ok guys I have new ported boxes coming. Hopefully it completely changes the sound and makes them sound and hit hard. What Amp do you guys recommend I buy for both these subs?
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-18-2015, 9:25 AM Reply   
I would get the most powerfull amp wet sounds recommends with 2 of those speakers ..you need to take into consideration what ohms your running them at ..you problem could be just running at the wrong ohms and consider weather they are SVC or DVC speakers and if they are in fact wired correctly .

Last edited by CALIV210; 08-18-2015 at 9:29 AM. Reason: add
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       08-18-2015, 9:41 AM Reply   
For a pair of 4 ohm SVC XS-12 woofers, I would look at the Kicker KX1600.1.
Old     (b20forlife)      Join Date: Jul 2015       08-18-2015, 9:54 AM Reply   
I'm looking into the exile xm20.1 it seams to have 1600 rms at 2 ohms. Is this a good Amp? I already have an exile 800w for inside speakers so would like to keep the amps alike