Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-21-2015, 11:09 PM Reply   
Normally I would like to Handel these types of things "off line" but these guys are total DB's so at this point I don't car to spare the innocent.

So everything I'm about to say here happend in the "5mph zone" at Lake Tulloch.

Let's start with MONDAY.

So MB boats is shooting their 2016 boat photo's here at lake tulloch. Un fortunately for us they seem to think that they some how OWN the lake and they can do what ever they want.

So back to Monday, we are parked way back In the 5mph zone. The guys and gals from MB decide this is the best place for them to "wake surf". They are throwing big rollers back into a place we are parked and it's causing our boat to bounce into the shore. I'm jumping out of the boat to fend it from the shore because these IDIOTS think the 5mph zone is the best place to wake surf. So I deal with it and decide to call it a day. My wife is not so happy and I'm trying to de escalate the situation by just packing it in.

Tuesday; we decide to go back to the same spot. And we just happen to come up on the same people that threw Rollers on us the day before in the 5mph zone. I decide that it would be a good idea to talk to them about our concerns so we don't have a re-peat of yesterday. I calmly say
"Hey I know you guys are shooting your promo stuff but when you roll by your wakes are bouncing our boat into the shore where are you gonna be so we can avoid each other" (mind you this is all in the 5mph zone) one guy says "WELL MABEY YOU SHOULDNT PARK YOUR BOAT SO CLOSE TO SHORE"

So right after a deep breath one of the other guys on the MB crew says Hey where are you gonna be we will turn around right before where u are parked! I tell him where we will be and say Thank
YOU.

Well 20 mins later here comes the MB crew
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-21-2015, 11:12 PM Reply   
So after the MB crew going back and forth we decide to change location and let them destroy the 5
We head up to were we think we are safe and guess what "they are back"
Attached Images

Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-21-2015, 11:24 PM Reply   
Popcorn in hand...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-21-2015, 11:24 PM Reply   
At this point I have no problem calling a spade a spade these guys are total DBs. I thought being straight up with them could avoid this but they have proved me wrong .MB who ever you have doing your photo shoot / promo stuff you need to make sure this is the image you wish to be projected they were tossing wakes on other people enjoying the 5 as well. BTW I have video if you would like me to post it !!!!
I'm not trying to slam MB as a boat manufacture just your DB crew.

FYI I go way back I the 5 to avoid dumb ass people like the MB crew. This would not be a issue if you would have kept to your word or better yet surfed in open water if you guys wanna be pissed at some one LOOK IN THE MIRROR

FYI
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-21-2015, 11:29 PM Reply   
More 5mph wake surf action
Attached Images

Last edited by grant_west; 07-21-2015 at 11:32 PM.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-22-2015, 5:01 AM Reply   
So you lump in a whole boat company because of a few people driving their boats? Well I have plenty of idiots that don't have a clue what they are doing on my lake with G23's&G21's but I don't get on here and call out Nauti. That's essentially what your doing. Now I'm sorry this happened, but you can't just put a whole boat manufacturer on blast for a few idiots.
Old     (kirk)      Join Date: May 2003       07-22-2015, 5:28 AM Reply   
Old     (AxisofEvil)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-22-2015, 5:28 AM Reply   
Old     (Froggy)      Join Date: Nov 2013       07-22-2015, 5:41 AM Reply   
Kinda funny the same people that bitch and moan about tubers and wave runners in the ski area are the first to fill their boat with thousands of pounds of ballast and send huge rollers in the same areas.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-22-2015, 6:13 AM Reply   
G ~ I have to admit your title caught me since I own a MB . If you're tucked back in an area that no wakes should be thrown you have every right to be upset. I wonder if their "permits" allow riding in a no wake zone? Sucks you got the remarks that you did and also kept surfing by ya, basically saying F U buddy.
Old     (hatepain)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-22-2015, 6:18 AM Reply   
Sounds like some real crap to me. Surprised they would act and respond the way they did as representatives of the company.
Old     (davez71)      Join Date: Oct 2007       07-22-2015, 7:01 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
So you lump in a whole boat company because of a few people driving their boats? Well I have plenty of idiots that don't have a clue what they are doing on my lake with G23's&G21's but I don't get on here and call out Nauti. That's essentially what your doing. Now I'm sorry this happened, but you can't just put a whole boat manufacturer on blast for a few idiots.
Actually I think Grant does have a point. If its a 5MPH no wake zone then they shouldn't be in there in the first place at least that's how those things work in Louisiana. Since the Manufacture is the culprit in this case then I would think that it is safe to assume the whole company is this way.... It starts from the top

On a side note, I have been fighting with locals on my river that get mad when we surf/wakeboard on the river and they are parked at a beach that is not in a no wake zone. It is on the main stretch of the river and they expect me to stop when I'm passing them. When I'm not wakeboarding or surfing that is fine, however when I have someone in tow I will not stop because thee are great beaches in an area that is a NO wake zone.
Old     (phillywakeboarder)      Join Date: Sep 2008       07-22-2015, 7:32 AM Reply   
Never mess with Grant! And it's totally proper to call out MB when it's their employees/representatives who are acting improperly. I hope they got some great promo shots - they are going to come at an Epic price.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-22-2015, 7:45 AM Reply   
Hey just to be clear all of this is going on in the 5mph zone. We go and park way back in the 5 to avoid this kind of stuff. I thought it was the stand up thing to do is go talk with them face to face very nicely and work something out. It's not like I asked them to stop or go somewhere else. I just asked them where they were going to be so I could park somewhere that I was not getting rollers throwin on me all day. After our talk with the MB guys I THOUGHT we had a understanding or agreement but it's like they told me what I needed to hear to my face and then did what they wanted 20 mins later.

THEN I even move to another section of the 5mph to AGAIN avoid them and Here they come again. And it's not like 1 boat coming by is the end of the world but a few weighted surf boats driving down the lake in formation throws a pretty good roller. And there are going back and forth all day.

How much differently could I or should I have handled it.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-22-2015, 7:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillywakeboarder View Post
they are going to come at an Epic price.
I see what you did there
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       07-22-2015, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
How much differently could I or should I have handled it.
You tried, twice, as I see things... by talking and by moving.

If they're actually from MB and acting this way, a good public blasting is okay with me. If they were shooting "promo vids" for wakesurf boards or some other products and just using MB boats, then MB is not to blame.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-22-2015, 8:52 AM Reply   
Why not just call MB directly and tell them they are running their boats in 5 mph zones? You could have done that right from your boat.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-22-2015, 9:04 AM Reply   
^^^^^ I'm not trying to stop anyone^^^^^ I was trying to get along. I know they need their stuff and someone is just doing a job. I would have never said anything if they would have just stuck to our Agreement. And by all means if some one came up to me with a bad Additude and made a bunch of demands ect I can understand them blowing me off, I was just trying to be gentalmany. It's funny cause after I spoke with the MB crew my wife says "they are just gonna blow you off" they don't give a F. I was like "No they won't everything will be fine" she made a point of repeating my last words as they kept driving by LOL LOL!
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       07-22-2015, 9:27 AM Reply   
Yup, total DB's!!!!
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       07-22-2015, 9:40 AM Reply   
Wow! I remember my first time on the water!

You have no water patrol or anyone to tell these fools their not above the law?
Old     (Khyber)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-22-2015, 10:50 AM Reply   
Were the wakes good though?
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-22-2015, 10:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
^^^^^ I'm not trying to stop anyone^^^^^ I was trying to get along. I know they need their stuff and someone is just doing a job. I would have never said anything if they would have just stuck to our Agreement. And by all means if some one came up to me with a bad Additude and made a bunch of demands ect I can understand them blowing me off, I was just trying to be gentalmany. It's funny cause after I spoke with the MB crew my wife says "they are just gonna blow you off" they don't give a F. I was like "No they won't everything will be fine" she made a point of repeating my last words as they kept driving by LOL LOL!
Those damn wives will get ya every time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (brianinpdx)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-22-2015, 4:28 PM Reply   
G - I arrive to this shoot WED am 10am. I will bring it to the appropriate peoples attention. I really don't think this MB mantra. I'm sure they have a lot of outsider people involved.

-Brian / Exile
Old    rullery            07-22-2015, 7:14 PM Reply   
Typically on shoots like this there are few if any people from the brand on the boat. I understand this reflects upon MB, but in reality it is probably a third party responsible. They likely had a limited time to get the footage and they took their chances to get the shots.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-22-2015, 7:33 PM Reply   
My question is why the hell are they shooting for product at lake Tulloch? Nice place if you have a house there but unless it's off season it straight sucks. Lost of better places with much better scenery for a backdrop to shoot in.

On another note.... Surfing has become the outcast trouble makers of the sport just like us wakeboarders we're to the skiers 20 years ago. Kim of funny how it feels when the tables have turned
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-22-2015, 8:58 PM Reply   
Haha those dreaded last words! That will come back again and again. Hey grant, she told ya so!
That sucks man. No reason to do that to people, and gives your company a bad rep. Hope they get chewed.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-22-2015, 9:06 PM Reply   
You should have spoken to them by hand
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       07-22-2015, 9:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
More 5mph wake surf action
Don't want to be captain obvious but for those not familiar with california boating laws (not sure if other states are much different) but whenever your behind a boat skiing, boarding, surfing or tubing you have to wear a life jacket.......dont see the rider wearing one.......so who was talking about thinking these guys are above the law......I think you hit the nail on the head.....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-22-2015, 10:27 PM Reply   
What a difference a day makes? No MB Sports in the 5 all day today. It was a Awesome day on the water. My guess is that someone @ MB got the message and or word of this thread. Sucks that it had to come to posting on a forum for them to get the message. I would have thought our simple face to face could have avoided all this but I guess if this is what it takes to get people to do the right thing then what ever. I guess it's a sign of the times when people or company's are more worried what people say or think about them "Online" vs what people think about them when they are right in front of them.
Attached Images

Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-23-2015, 5:22 AM Reply   
Maybe they will get the message and produce a good looking tower also! Lol!
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-23-2015, 5:43 AM Reply   
lol truth.

Nice to see your lake is back to comfy!
Old     (MarkMason)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-23-2015, 6:27 AM Reply   
***This just in, MB goes from selling 100 boats to 50 boats in 2016*** Busch league. My question is, who buys an MB when there are way better boats out there.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-23-2015, 7:04 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMason View Post
***This just in, MB goes from selling 100 boats to 50 boats in 2016*** Busch league. My question is, who buys an MB when there are way better boats out there.

I don't know if that's quite fair. Aside from the tower I think they make a nice boat at a great price compared to the others. MB seems was less cheaply built than a axis for sure and not far off from tige and even Bu. It's just the awful towers that I think they could greatly improve on. Wakeboard and surf wakes are awesome depending on the model and I love the concept of the quick fill gravity ballast especially the 2015+ models having close to 3k of quick fill capability.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-23-2015, 7:45 AM Reply   
I would buy an MB over a Mastercraft any day of the week
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-23-2015, 7:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakz77 View Post
I would buy an MB over a Mastercraft any day of the week
I'm sure most people who can't afford an MC would do the same....
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-23-2015, 7:55 AM Reply   
What if they got permission from the Rangers? At one of my local lakes, we got permission from the ranger's to have a wakesurf competition in the no wake zone.
Old     (slax303)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Portland to Boston       07-23-2015, 8:17 AM Reply   
Quote:

Have you ever ridden behind, or even been in, an MB? I'm not going to argue that there aren't better all around boats, with all kinds of flash thrown in (yes, I'd gladly take a G or an LSV). But for the money, you'd be hard pressed to find a better built boat, with as solid of a wake.

As for this situation, that sucks. There's no excuse for that kind of attitude from anyone, let alone someone representing a manufacturer. I will say that, I don't think that reflects the majority of the company. I've worked with Mike in the past, along with other guys at that factory, and I know that they wouldn't approve of the actions of those DBs on the boats. Hopefully the necessary disciplinary actions were taken. Mike and Blake are great guys there, and I can't say enough good things about working with them in the past.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-23-2015, 8:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicron View Post
I don't know if that's quite fair. Aside from the tower I think they make a nice boat at a great price compared to the others. MB seems was less cheaply built than a axis for sure and not far off from tige and even Bu. It's just the awful towers that I think they could greatly improve on. Wakeboard and surf wakes are awesome depending on the model and I love the concept of the quick fill gravity ballast especially the 2015+ models having close to 3k of quick fill capability.
I agree on the towers. They're pretty bad looking. I saw one painted white and it looked a little better but overall not my cup of tea. , It's the only thing that would stop me from buying one. My buddy was looking at axis and mb. He went axis in part because of that. I don't like fixed back rests behind the driver seat either, but that's not as much of a deal breaker. looks. like ithe towers will be around at least another year, that's too bad I think it's holding them back because the rest of the boat is very nice...... MB is a small company so most likely anyone at the shoot is directly involved with the company. Im fairly certain the entire 2016 fleet wouldn't leave the factory in the hands of strangers.
Personally I've delt with worse on the lake, so while this scenario is annoying,at least you can pick up and move shop fairly easy. I had a similar situation a few weeks ago when I had my houseboat parked in a nice small cove to myself. Another house boater came in hot throwing rollers everywhere, unloaded their jet skis which circled the cov constantly throwing rollers, they had a ski boat that wouldn't idle past where I was parked so my boat was getting slammed into the side of my houseboat all weekend from boat and jet ski rollers. Once you're staked and tied off in a houseboat it's a pain to redo all of that and drag the ski boat to another spot so I ended up sticking it out

Last edited by bass10after; 07-23-2015 at 8:38 AM.
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-23-2015, 8:36 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimme View Post
Even if I had all the money in the world I would still never buy a Mastercraft
Old     (CPanner)      Join Date: May 2015       07-23-2015, 8:38 AM Reply   
Saw on EverCarve's instagram that they were the wakesurf company shooting for the MB catalog. It's likely that they were the DB's in question and probably not even anyone from MB.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-23-2015, 8:41 AM Reply   
The situation is unfortunate, but perhaps they had permission for the shoot... or maybe the third party marketing group just did what they thought they needed for the shots.

As for calling out MB.. they are a great looking boat for the money. There are nicer boats, but they cost twice as much too.
Old     (zimme)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-23-2015, 8:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Why?
Old     (MarkMason)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-23-2015, 8:58 AM Reply   
Reasons I would never buy an MB : Tiny Dealer Network, Low Resale Value, 36 month Basic Warranty Program, Dated Tower Design, lack of technology in the boat (simple screen black and white screen), Outdated/low budget Website (this reflects on the company as whole), they don't contribute anything to the Pro Wakeboard scene/industry, why don't they have any pro riders endorsing the boat? Do they not have a budget for something like this? The fact that it is a MB and most people have never heard of it.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       07-23-2015, 9:00 AM Reply   
I was so hoping this is what this thread would become.

Gosh I hate mastercraft. It's the good boats they make that pisses me off. They are so nice! If I didn't buy a geeko they really would be my next choice! they have really come a long way since 2010!
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       07-23-2015, 9:02 AM Reply   
I can almost guarantee that if they had "permission" in CA that would require permits, which would require payment for the sheriff boat to sit back there all day to supervise and tell people that they were allowed to do that. They would probably even have that whole area closed to other boat traffic.

It looks like they are not there because they are already done with their shoot, shaka bra!!!

https://instagram.com/p/5dYTRqBmNa/?taken-by=evercarve
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-23-2015, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:

That's because any sane person would have already bought a G! Lol
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2015, 9:25 AM Reply   
I thought about them possibley having a permit and tried taking that into account. But let's just for the sake of debate say the did In fact have a permit and the right to throw rollers in the 5. The correct thing for the MB film crew would have been for them to let me know, when I drove up to talk with them is, "Hey we have a permit and all the paper work to do what we are doing & we plan on being here for this amount of time bla bla bla. That way I'm parking at my own risk! Of corse no mention of a permit was ever said, they simply asked "where I was going to be parked and would turn around before they got to that location" which I thought was very cool and worked, that way no one was stopping anyone from doing what they wanted to do or had to get done. The proplem came when they just did what they wanted to do and didn't do what they said they were gonna do.
Old     (mike2001)      Join Date: Feb 2008       07-23-2015, 9:55 AM Reply   
In comparing this to many of the other manufacturer call out posts on here, good effort by grant to fix the problem prior to posting, this post is definitely warranted.

Funny how in the other thread, Epic was expected to be responsible for all third party affiliates, yet here MB should get a pass. MB is either at fault or is accountable for whomever they chose to partner with for the promo video.

And lol at that affording a mastercraft comment, wakeworld gonna wakeworld
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-23-2015, 10:52 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimme View Post
I happen to agree, I test drove a X20 and it was not good. I've had 2 MB boats and they were great. And I can afford one, don't worry about that.

Last edited by DatTexasBoy; 07-23-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-23-2015, 10:54 AM Reply   
Quote:
Reasons I would never buy an MB : Tiny Dealer Network, Low Resale Value, 36 month Basic Warranty Program, Dated Tower Design, lack of technology in the boat (simple screen black and white screen), Outdated/low budget Website (this reflects on the company as whole), they don't contribute anything to the Pro Wakeboard scene/industry, why don't they have any pro riders endorsing the boat? Do they not have a budget for something like this? The fact that it is a MB and most people have never heard of it.
That's how they keep their down^^^^
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-23-2015, 11:46 AM Reply   
My MB is very nice. But, I agree that their current tower is ugly and their graphics have never found an identity. Never the less it is a good boat with a great wake for a nice price.

Regarding resale, I paid $50K for my MB 21WB in 2011 loaded up. And, it looks like it is worth at least $40K now. Is this bad resale?
Old     (MarkMason)      Join Date: Feb 2014       07-23-2015, 11:52 AM Reply   
That's how they keep their cost down? I think you meant to say, that's how they keep their sales numbers down.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-23-2015, 11:57 AM Reply   
Saw this post and thought of you "G", was hoping to catch a snap of the toon!
Name:  MB1.jpg
Views: 3320
Size:  190.5 KB
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-23-2015, 1:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
That's how they keep their cost down? I think you meant to say, that's how they keep their sales numbers down.
They only produce so many a year and sell all of them for the most part. Maybe you should do your homework. I think Mike B is doing just fine.
Old    dbrayton1            07-23-2015, 4:06 PM Reply   
Wow. Just read this. They had a permit. It was a photo shoot. Get over it. From their perspective you were the DB that wouldn't move your crappy boat out of self righteous spite. Always two or more sides to every story. 😉
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-23-2015, 4:14 PM Reply   
Hold on. My popcorn is still popping...
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-23-2015, 4:27 PM Reply   
E61 - sounds like your guys did the right thing and explained that they had a permit. Orrrrr not. What a bunch of jerks, permit or not.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-23-2015, 4:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrayton1 View Post
Wow. Just read this. They had a permit. It was a photo shoot. Get over it. From their perspective you were the DB that wouldn't move your crappy boat out of self righteous spite. Always two or more sides to every story. 😉
Work on your reading comprehension. He did move.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-23-2015, 4:39 PM Reply   
And account killed just like that.lol.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-23-2015, 4:49 PM Reply   
Josh I think you should remove the picture in the previous post, someone's kids are in that picture and doesn't seem right to have their picture tied into this bs.
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-23-2015, 4:56 PM Reply   
So either dbrayton1 is a common troll or dbrayton1 is one of the DB's from MB that on top of throwing wakes in a 5 mph zone decided to act like a prick on a public forum further tarnishing the reputation of his employer MB boats. Sounds like MB better nip this in the bud and do some damage control or their reputation will only get worse with DB employees like dbraton1 taking a steaming dump on their brand.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-23-2015, 5:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexasBoy View Post
I happen to agree, I test drove a X20 and it was not good. I've had 2 MB boats and they were great. And I can afford one, don't worry about that.
I'm running the 20 now and love it except for the insane bow rise. What didn't you like?
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-23-2015, 5:50 PM Reply   
The bow rise and wakeboard wake wasn't for me. Also I just didn't get that wow factor when I sat in it and drive it. I'm 6'4" and the driver seat had no leg room. I just get more of a Cadillac/BMW feel when sitting in a Supra or Malibu.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       07-23-2015, 6:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Best post in the thread so far! Starts with "just read this" and ends with "your crappy boat." 1. Didn't read it correctly. 2. G's boats are top notch.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2015, 7:06 PM Reply   
Chatt's Right, and I feel a Mem comming on!

If they had a "Magical Permit" they never mentioned it. The boat I rolled up to and spoke with was the Blue and white MB. It had 4 guy's in it 2 guys had cameras and one guy had a video camera. So I would have thought if this permit existed this would be a great opportunity to mention it and these should be the guys that would know if one existed or not, But like I said no one from that boat ever said anything about having a permit.

As far as ME not "move your crappy boat out of self righteous spite" well If you notice from the first pic I posted I was at the far end of the lake. We delt with the rollers for about 5 hrs and then we pulled Anchor and went down river about 2.5 miles away thinking we getting out of the way. You will notice the 2nd pic with the Red and White MB is taken from that 2nd location that I moved to. So we did move.

As far as my boat being crappy, Now that's just down right hurtful
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-23-2015, 7:25 PM Reply   
Wow! What a thread lol... Cant believe any company would want someone out in their boats doing this kind of crap. Permit or not it is common courtesy to warn everyone you will be wrecking the 5mph zone if your going too. Hell even if they didn't have a permit its obvious Grant would have been (as we all would have been) totally cool with moving and letting them do their thing.
Old     (mendo247)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-23-2015, 7:36 PM Reply   
Shoot Grant ....after they gave you the smart remark about parking to close to shore I would have followed them around at a safe distance and made sure I was in the back ground of every shot lol
Old     (azwakeYO)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-23-2015, 9:19 PM Reply   
Takes a special type of person to slam a LOCAL brand online because a few words exchanged and a misunderstanding... What did you get by getting flustered and posting this after you were off the water and it was done and over with?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-23-2015, 9:42 PM Reply   
Ahren; you asked "What did you get by getting flustered and posting this after you were off the water and it was done and over. I think the last picture I posted is "what if anything I got"
I didn't want to post this online but I knew from dealing with these guys directly the day before what I was dealing with. They straight up told me one thing and then did the other They proved me What they were all about. (But I like how you called it a misunderstanding) Keep in mind they were tearing up the the 5 on Monday, I didn't talk to them or say anything to them. Then on Tuesday Morning I spoke to them and thought after our talk we were cool and it was a win win for both party's I then had to deal with them throwing rollers in me all day Tuesday. And then I posted it on here that night after we got off the water and "Poof" they magically disappeared Wednesday and were out riding in the open water. I'm sure if I wouldn't of posted anything they would have been right back in the 5 the next day Business as usual.

Last edited by grant_west; 07-23-2015 at 9:46 PM.
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       07-23-2015, 10:39 PM Reply   
Quote:

As far as industry support, they support local wakeboard camps that grow the sport. 1st West Coast Camps held by Mike Schwenne (Numerous boats have been sold through them). 2nd Norcal Wakeboard camps held by Derek Cook at the delta. Aaron Rathy was once sponsored by them in 2011. They also helped out the norcal hyperlite team by giving them a boat before the nautique/hyperlite deal.

you know there are companies that produce a smaller quantity and focus more on quality (although they are starting to lack in that). Here on the west coast they are very popular. when you compare them with axis, sanger, moomba, or centurion/supreme they're quite nice.

Last edited by Bam6961; 07-23-2015 at 10:41 PM.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       07-23-2015, 11:37 PM Reply   
G, you handled this situation very well, imo. I think that the few guys on here giving you crap are way out in left field. I can not understand how these guys can side with the MB or Surf-company on this one. I am glad that you got your smooth water (in a no-wake zone) back on wednesday, and I agree that if you had not come on here to share the story, wednesday may have been a different story.

DTB, I agree about the X-20. Was very excited when I saw it, but after hours of using it over a few separate days, I am very disappointed.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-24-2015, 12:05 AM Reply   
Time for me to add my butter to the popcorn...

I am good friends with Grant, I also am a former MB boat owner and have lots of respect for the company and the brand so I have no axe to grind. Grant owns two homes on this lake, uses both of his boats on the lake and probably spends more time on this lake than most if not all others, he surely owns this lake more than the folks doing the shoot for MB. But it is a public waterway so nobody owns it and the laws are there to keep things orderly.

As for any permit to do this shoot in a 5mph/no wake zone, there surely was not one. The way this lake is controlled it would have taken two different counties to approve such a permit and neither of them would ever allow it since this area is too narrow by our California lake standards to allow any towed activities. There are actually two different levels of restrictions for areas such as this, the first level is a no-ski/no-tow zone, the second if straight 5mph. Anyone who has dealt with water these agencies (like I have with my water ski club) knows that there is zero chance these guys had a permit to do what they were doing. This is the lake where several spring rides have taken place, the relationship of law enforcement and wakeboarders having sanctioned events on this lake is somewhat strained.

Grant happened to be there this week on vacation and wanted to relax. He and his wife were up the river in his high end pontoon boat (one that costs more than most wakeboard boats). He was cooking lunch off the back of the boat when some of this nonsense came about. He was cool, approached the boat and asked how he could stay out of their way (way cooler than I would have been in this situation). He told them he would go up the river and stay there, they had miles to do what they needed to do without going near Grant but they totally disregarded him as even existing. I have seen the video he took of the wakes they were throwing pushing his boat towards the rocks, it's pretty ridiculous how disrespectful they were being. In fact they were being total tools. He dealt with this nonsense for 2 days impacting his vacation before he started this thread. They fully deserve the full force of this.

Interesting clip of the snapchat/instagram post from Mike Fuhram. It really indicates that Larson Marine Stockton is probably the guilty party here. Maybe another tread should be started with the title Larson Marine DBs...
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-24-2015, 12:29 AM Reply   
But, wake surfing is such a bore unless done in a 5 zone while pissing someone off.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-24-2015, 5:28 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddad View Post
But, wake surfing is such a bore unless done in a 5 zone while pissing someone off.

Total truth! And why in the world would it take more than 5mins to make a stupid wake surf promo anyway? Sounds like MB hired some tool bags to do some work for them now they pay the price. Happens all the time in business. These guys that they hired obviously weren't professionals and hadn't a clue that they were representing MB.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-24-2015, 5:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mendo247 View Post
followed them around at a safe distance and made sure I was in the back ground of every shot lol
This... is brilliant.
Old     (doubleup720)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-24-2015, 8:02 AM Reply   
Mikeski takes the lead in DB OF THE YEAR polls.
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-24-2015, 8:46 AM Reply   
06-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Replies: 6
Disco Bay Storage Area?
Views: 873
Posted By doubleup720
Seth, hit me up tommorow and I will see what I...

Seth, hit me up tommorow and I will see what I can do.I work @ Larson Marine in Stockton and we do store boats so I am sure we can help you out..........209 465 5801

"Mikeski as DB of the year?"

No, I think doubleup720 who works for Larson Marine is proving to be in a much better position here to take that title!

haha!
Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       07-24-2015, 8:59 AM Reply   
Not sure it matters how many houses or boats he has.
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-24-2015, 9:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeski View Post
06-16-2011, 12:34 PM

Replies: 6

Disco Bay Storage Area?

Views: 873

Posted By doubleup720

Seth, hit me up tommorow and I will see what I...

Seth, hit me up tommorow and I will see what I can do.I work @ Larson Marine in Stockton and we do store boats so I am sure we can help you out..........209 465 5801

"Mikeski as DB of the year?"

No, I think doubleup720 who works for Larson Marine is proving to be in a much better position here to take that title!

haha!

Lol! From his reply in calling you out Mike I would use the term "work" very loosely!

Last edited by Nordicron; 07-24-2015 at 9:07 AM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-24-2015, 9:12 AM Reply   
Wait I don't get it how is Mike a Delta Bravo! Besides him telling everyone on W/W that I'm the Tom Voo of W/W and repeating a personal conversation I had with him about how one of my beloved chicken Apple sausage Rolled off the grill and into the water from the Rollers the MB crew my way , What did he do wrong.

BTW when I lost my sausage that's when I got pissed. Just like Bruce Jenner I was sad and confused.
Attached Images