Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-06-2015, 1:03 PM Reply   
Has anyone seen or heard these yet? any installers out there install any?

An engineer at Zapco just told me on the phone that the SQ is in line with the old Reference series. If that is the case, these are going to be a great amp at their price-point.

All 3 amps in the series are $400 amps according to an online retailer I was told is authorized.

There's a 105, 204, and 402 in this series.

105 does 90w x4channels @ 4ohms with 520w @ 2ohms for the bass. If you drop the 4 channel side to 2ohms you still get 180w x 4 channels

204 does 160w x 4channels @ 4ohms or 640w x 2channels @4ohms bridged

402 does 320w x 2channels @ 4ohms or 640 x 2 channels @2ohms

All these in a 6.5x11 frame? This almost sounds way too good to be true, especially at those price points.
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       08-06-2015, 6:12 PM Reply   
I checked these out before I made my decision in May. As you said, the brand and specs look to be very desirable. The problem is that the ST series (very similar to STDBT) has been out for...3+ years now?I literally got 2-3 hits on Google with guess what, more feedback inquiries but no actual feedback. I was not about to be a guinea pig, so I went with Arc Audio for just a little more. Not a single regret.

Either they suck at marketing these or there is something we are all missing, because these do not look to be selling AT ALL.
Old     (sp0tts)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-11-2015, 11:16 AM Reply   
I made a couple phone calls and got a few details. I'm going to try one out on some tower speakers (either my XM9's or a buddy's Rev10's). You haven't read any reviews because Zapco put them on their website before the product was ready to launch. The first few made their way into the US within the last month (manufactured in Italy). They're currently back-ordered from Zapco's US distributor (Atrend marketing - Atrend's primary business was building speaker boxes, but they're now getting into the wholesale side of the business and they are Zapco's sole wholesaler in the US). They're expecting more to arrive in September, I have a 402 on order.
Old     (jhmeg2)      Join Date: Jul 2014       08-13-2015, 5:47 PM Reply   
I'm thinking of putting a Memphis small Belle in my boat. 2 channels to the in boat, 2 channels to the tower and sub. But don't know where to put it, or the sub