Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (jsans)      Join Date: Apr 2015       08-02-2015, 11:28 AM Reply   
I have a direct drive moomba ls which I have been trying to figure out the best ballast set up for. I have a 300 under the bench seat and another in the ski locker. I put a 750 between the engine and bench seat but the wake still is not so big, plus there is no floor space. There is a ski locker under the sun pad, but the gas tank is under it. Has anyone put a large ballast bag on top of a sun pad. I think moving the weight back would help the wake, and off the floor would help my sanity. Also considering ways to keep it in place.
Old     (jps120)      Join Date: Oct 2012       08-02-2015, 12:58 PM Reply   
I used to have an 01 möbius ls and I would run the stock 300 under the bench and I believe a 500 in the belly locker. I built a platform over the gas tank and put a 400 back there and one 400 in the bow and then a 250 on either side of the engine. Sacks were everywhere and the wake had a nice rampy shape to it but it was never a big wake. Honestly I don't think more weight would make a bigger wake it just make it way to easy to dip the bow and take water over the back. You could put a sack on the sun pad but you would have to secure it from rolling off. I have had three big guys standing on there all at once and it never caused any problems

Last edited by jps120; 08-02-2015 at 1:01 PM.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-03-2015, 3:12 PM Reply   
Doesnt sound like a good spot for ballast. Add some lead under you bags in lockers and under seats