Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (Pannellboy004)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-08-2014, 3:47 PM Reply   
I want to buy a snowboard setup and was wondering what would be the cheapest and best option? I'm a beginner and usually rent my equipment but I thought this year it would be cheaper to just buy me a setup since I will be going once or twice a year from now on since I enjoy it so much.. So y'all give me y'all's opinions?
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-10-2014, 9:47 AM Reply   
so many questions..... how much do you weigh, what size is your foot, how tall are you, what type of riding are you looking too, whats your budget, are you considering buying used? etc etc...
Old     (Pannellboy004)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-10-2014, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wazzy View Post
so many questions..... how much do you weigh, what size is your foot, how tall are you, what type of riding are you looking too, whats your budget, are you considering buying used? etc etc...

I'm 6'1" and 175 lbs and size 11 boot... Honestly don't know what kind of ride I'm looking for because I've only been a couple of times and just now learned how to carve!! I'm looking for jumping and doing spins and flips.. Whenever I learn the basics if that helps.. But right now I'm just enjoying the ride and yes I'm interested in buying used. And $500 is prolly my limit right now
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-10-2014, 3:15 PM Reply   
I think a 156-159cm would be perfect. Since you just started, I would look at an all mountain board. Are you planning to ride switch a lot or stay on one side? You have directional boards and twin tips. A good directional that I have ridden was the burton custom v. A twin tip that i am looking at is the ride machete. You have tons of options though. Prices are going down now that the season is in full swing. Browse craigslist near you and post your findings here. I will give my nine years of riding experience opinion to assist you.
Old     (Pannellboy004)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-10-2014, 6:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post
I think a 156-159cm would be perfect. Since you just started, I would look at an all mountain board. Are you planning to ride switch a lot or stay on one side? You have directional boards and twin tips. A good directional that I have ridden was the burton custom v. A twin tip that i am looking at is the ride machete. You have tons of options though. Prices are going down now that the season is in full swing. Browse craigslist near you and post your findings here. I will give my nine years of riding experience opinion to assist you.

Appreciate it man and will do..
Old     (Pannellboy004)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-11-2014, 7:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezul View Post

Differnt boards I found and need some opinions?
Old     (Pannellboy004)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-11-2014, 7:56 PM Reply   

2011 burton aftermath 158cm with burton custom bindings saling for $200?
Old     (Pannellboy004)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-11-2014, 8:00 PM Reply   

DC PBJ rocker board 157 , symbolic flex ride boots, and symbolic bindings... For sale for $309.95
Old     (Pannellboy004)      Join Date: Apr 2013       01-11-2014, 8:01 PM Reply   
Just let me know what's good, bad, ugly??? And what I need to look more for?
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-11-2014, 9:43 PM Reply   
Both would be okay. I think you would be better off with a stiffier board. Both are 5/10 on stiffness. Look for something around 7 or 8 on stiffness. It is a better all mountain board. The bindings will be fine though.
Old     (wazzy)      Join Date: Nov 2001       01-14-2014, 9:54 AM Reply   
^agreed... maybe look for a Rome Agent, or Mod (if you can find one used or on sale). Nitro Team, would be a good one too.
With a size 11, watch the waist widths... toe/heel drag SUCKS. Might want to consider a midwide