Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-22-2012, 7:29 AM Reply   
Just wondering if there's any other of my fellow wakeboarders addicted to disc golf?

It's been a wonderful off season sport and we're still out throwing in the snow!
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-22-2012, 9:59 AM Reply   
I love some disc golf. Back in HS we used to play during lunch or free periods (the course was 5 minutes from school). Now that Im at VT, we have a sweet course about 15 minutes from my townhouse. Its got some crazy elevation change (one hole is basically a cliff that drops as much as it is long). One downfall is that 3 of my most used frisbees are orange or red, which are great in the summer but with leaves on the ground during fall-they are incredibly hard to find. Wish some of mine were neon green.
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-22-2012, 12:58 PM Reply   
That's awesome! How many baskets or tones is your course?

The one I play most often (there's two 9's and an 18 currently with another 18 under construction within 30 minutes) is an 18 basket, 56, with two brutal par 4's. We have about 6-8" of snow on the ground right now and it's cost a few players discs. I spent 15 minutes with a shovel on Sunday until I found one of mine.

The league is having an event near the end of February and I'm looking forward to playing in my first tournament. Just not looking forward to the foot plus of snow and 0 or colder temps that often accompany Feb up here!
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-24-2012, 2:13 PM Reply   
World Class golfer here ,been playing since 77 La Marada ,H.B,Cypress,Balboa ,Vegus,And Emaral Elis i Oceanside my spot now ,,,
Can't wait to play again ,allllllllllmost walking again ,I pactice my puting with the kickboards in the pool area ,I toss them into a bucket every day
in good conditions I can huck a disk 320-350 feet and hit my pin
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-24-2012, 2:16 PM Reply   
night golf is Da BEST 11 pm air insane
Old     (jps912)      Join Date: Jun 2007       11-25-2012, 10:28 AM Reply   
Just played in golden gate park yesterday! Such a good way to spend the day. Full 18 hole through the park.
Old    alanp            11-25-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
my uncle is a professional and has an 18 hole course on my grandmothers property. i used to play just about everyday when i was young but havent played in years. fun sport
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-25-2012, 5:21 PM Reply   
both of our courses are 18 hole par 54...makes it really hard to score well! All par 3s.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-25-2012, 8:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanp View Post
my uncle is a professional and has an 18 hole course on my grandmothers property. i used to play just about everyday when i was young but havent played in years. fun sport
Whats in it to be a "professional"??

Is there any sponserships or money involved? Just curious...
Old     (eternalshadow)      Join Date: Nov 2001       11-26-2012, 3:00 PM Reply   
There is both sponsorship and money involved. Most disc golf tournaments have payouts and pro athletes are sponsored by disc companies and more.

My personal best is a 62 at my home course. I want to get better at my home course and play some more courses. I do know that I need to pick up an extra driver or two and start working my drives harder. My mid game is usually pretty solid but my putting again could use some work.

Its reminded me a lot of my early days of wakeboarding. Lots of friendly people and it's been really easy to start meeting people on the course and having more people to throw with. Almost everyone is super chill and helpful.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-27-2012, 2:29 PM Reply   
More action than socker
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-28-2012, 11:55 PM Reply   
Hey baby... Wasup? I'm a... uh... professional disk golfer....... Impressed?.. I'm sponsored... Let me show you my new free discs... JK I'm sure it's fun.

Last edited by markj; 11-28-2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Adding to comment