Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-08-2012, 11:14 AM Reply   
Anyone seen one? Supposedly a "hammerhead" bow?
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-08-2012, 11:32 AM Reply   
I have not heard much about it other than the press release. Supposedly it has some new technology (for whatever that is worth) and it will be unveiled on May 20th.

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...w-fx-22-model/

Last edited by lakesurfer; 05-08-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old    TN22            05-08-2012, 11:43 AM Reply   
I'm curious to see what this looks like. "Hammerhead" is a great name but if it actually looks like a hammerhead shark I'm not sure how good that will look.
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-08-2012, 11:57 AM Reply   
is that not a picture of it in between the text of "not another picklefork" and "the fx22 is the most advanced 3-axis...blah blah..." what does that mean by the way, i could be just ignorant, but 3 axis adjustable towing machine?
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-08-2012, 12:31 PM Reply   
You can see a picture of the bow in the link from above.. it's kind of "ghosted" in the back of their marketing piece.
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-08-2012, 1:34 PM Reply   
almost looks like the front end of an Enzo
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-08-2012, 2:07 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrider View Post
almost looks like the front end of an Enzo
Yeah, like the car Enzo or just like G's tower box.
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-08-2012, 2:11 PM Reply   
Looks pretty cool from that ghost image.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-08-2012, 2:26 PM Reply   
Another 2012 game changer!
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-08-2012, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Another 2012 game changer!
2013 or at least that will be the year model.

Besides the new bow, I have heard a rumor about a new ballast system. But who knows, Centurion has been very tight lipped about the new boat.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-08-2012, 8:12 PM Reply   
ok, I know all will be revealed, but the 3-axis thing has me intrigued. Love to see new tech, and love to see the bar for wakesurfing boats going up, all good, but what 3 axis?

1. bow to stern with a wake plate
2. list left and right with surf tabs
3. ?

Only thing I can think of is some type of switchblade or wedge device? Even though that technically is the same axis as 1 above, right? Just postulatin'. ;-)
Old     (harlobra)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-17-2012, 3:22 PM Reply   
3 Axis sounds like a Tri-Hull
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-20-2012, 8:10 PM Reply   
Pitch, roll, and yaw?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-20-2012, 8:22 PM Reply   
Sounds interesting. Can't wait to see it.
Old     (skuhleman)      Join Date: Aug 2011       05-21-2012, 5:38 AM Reply   
Here are a 2 pics, anyone have access to download the 3 others down at the bottom?
The hard top is kinda funky looking and I just don't see it being practical...

http://www.centurioncrew.com/index.p...l/page__st__60
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-21-2012, 6:43 AM Reply   
Ask and you shall recieve. The first of the 3 is no different than the first set.

Also, here are the first 2 in the above link, for the lazy people.

Attached Images

Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-21-2012, 6:54 AM Reply   
yesssssss....FINALLY somebody put a tv in the bow!!! since we all watch tv on our boats out in the hot sun and do not fear a roller taking it out!!!

(this was written in sarcasm font)....

Can't see anything about the bottom of the boat so i really have nothing to say about until we see some more pics. the hard top looks like a pain, the bow..i'm indifferent about...don't really care.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-21-2012, 7:02 AM Reply   
Well, it says Enzo right on the side of the hull. From the front, you can see that it goes from that fugly Ferrari Enzo rip-off nose to a standard hull shape, so anyone guessing that we were going to see a tri-hull was wrong.

To me it just looks like a re-designed Enzo. Probably the same hull as the rest of the Enzo line.

And that hard bimini? YUCK

So all-in-all, my take is that it's just a flatnosed Enzo all blinged up.
Old     (FunkyBunch)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-21-2012, 7:03 AM Reply   
It's kinda hard to tell but I would like to see some more freeboard.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-21-2012, 7:32 AM Reply   
Interesting. So they made the nose look like an Enzo Ferrari I see. Think that TV in the bow is so that the peeps up front can watch the action behind without having to turn around?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-21-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   
wonder how that tower folds with the bimini top.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-21-2012, 8:44 AM Reply   
What is up with the fiberglass bimini? WTF
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-21-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
I kind of like it. For a person like me who always has the bimini up, that hard top isn't a bad idea. It looks like it might give quite a bit of shade and I wouldn't have to open it up and close it all the time. That TV in the bow is a cool idea, although I'd never buy it or use it. I'd have to see more info on it and see it in person, and the pricing would have to be right, but overall, it made a positive first impression on me.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-21-2012, 9:42 AM Reply   
Looks wise, this boat isn't my cup of tea. Compared to all the other brands new offerings, I think this is one of the uglier choices. And the Bimini, well no thanks. Here is Canada we need as much sun as we can get and that doesn't look like fun to fold down.

TV in a luxury boat isn't the worst idea, but having it in the bow and that funny looking cushion at the front doesn't seem like the best execution. If they are going to have one it should fold or pop uo somewhere near the glove box so everyone in the cockpit can see it.

And while I'm on it, why don't ALL new wake boats come with Bluetooth or wifi streaming built in? Seriously, headphone cables to an ipod are so 2008.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-21-2012, 9:45 AM Reply   
Not sure what you dont like about the hard top? i like it, looks big and functional. i would like to see how it folds down, would be real cool if it sealed tight like a hard top mooring cover.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-21-2012, 10:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailem View Post
Not sure what you dont like about the hard top? i like it, looks big and functional. i would like to see how it folds down, would be real cool if it sealed tight like a hard top mooring cover.
How would it seal tight? Where are the windshields going to go? Think about it there...

IMO, ugly as all hell but just my opinion. A tv in the bow is like a $3k Samsung refrigerator with a tv in it or the "Internet fridge". Not a practical product at all. Again it's a promo boat to showcase the new "offering" but it's coming up short and I keep going back to that fiberglass hardtop Bimini. Ugly and not flexible, may be "functional" in terms of providing shade but seems to be a headache. Not my taste but I am also not looking at Centurions.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-21-2012, 10:38 AM Reply   
I agree mostly about screen in the bow, but I could see a cool use for it.

This weekend we installed go pros on the transom to broadcast regular and goofy wake surfers. We easily tied it in to the tige touch screen under the dash. The driver was able to monitor the surfer MUCH better than looking in the mirror, and getting that high distorted view. I think about all the time we shove someone in the bow to be "bow weight" and they don't get the best view of the action. If you setup like we did with video from transom to driver and bow, that would be sick.

It was EXTREMELY easy also, just video inputs under dash to touch screen, I gotta think it would be similar on this.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-21-2012, 11:14 AM Reply   
Quote:
I agree mostly about screen in the bow, but I could see a cool use for it.
The only thing I can think is if there are these "screen" throughout that would replace remotes for the stereo... only if you have a touchscreen interface you could check other boat vitals from around the boat.... e.i. battery while swimming/fuel levels/etc.... do I think it is needed - lord no, but things are moving from digital to analog pretty fast, so I could see touch-screen stereo remotes starting to pop up left and right.

... on the rest of the boat, I think it looks as good as any other boat, certainly not bad. I wouldn't mind a fixed bimini since we would never take ours down anyway, especially if they would have storage on the bottom side of it.

Interior of the cabin is pretty plain-jane for how much bling the rest of the boat has though.

What is MSRP?
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       05-21-2012, 11:51 AM Reply   
Yes i understand if the tv is for seeing the rider, like mastercrafts in dash thing so they can see the rider...but there's a good bit of shade where the driver sits...if it were a sunny day...you'd have to have your hands around that thing and your face up against it in the bow just to see it. hard top bimini's remind me of center console fishing boats. and just a guess here, but that thing is probably wayyyy more expensive than a z5....i'll just take a z5 please.
Old     (ripr)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-21-2012, 12:25 PM Reply   
Here's a pic of another one.
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-21-2012, 12:44 PM Reply   
I am not sure they should of done a blatent ripoff of the Enzo(car) front end but I like the rest of the lines and I really like that tower. Are those lights in black front things?
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-21-2012, 12:58 PM Reply   
I wasn't so fond of the previous tower, I really think I like this one, and the light placement going back, very nice.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-21-2012, 1:17 PM Reply   
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-21-2012, 1:18 PM Reply   
I am not sure what the point of the trihull picture is. the hull looks pretty similar to all the other picklefork/deck boat style boats.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-21-2012, 1:36 PM Reply   
I am not sure how anyone can tell what that boat really looks like from the pictures. I assume the TV is a gimick for the debut which is cool. The white one looks good to me.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-21-2012, 2:47 PM Reply   
Would be nice to see some better pics.... still cant really tell what it looks like. The hard top bimini, not a huge fan, its nice to be able to put it up or take it down when needed. TV is the last thing I want to do on my boat, my kids already watch too much of it, thats what I enjoy most about boating... no cell phones, texting, or Xbox! We actually have to talk to eachother like human beings once did before cell phones and texting came into our life!
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-21-2012, 3:42 PM Reply   
pics of the white boat
Attached Images

Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-21-2012, 3:44 PM Reply   
a few more
Attached Images

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-21-2012, 3:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragboy View Post
I wasn't so fond of the previous tower, I really think I like this one, and the light placement going back, very nice.
I'm wondering if Tige opens the Alpha Z up like this one so you can put more racks and tower speakers on. This one is pretty nice!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-21-2012, 3:50 PM Reply   
That is THE cheasiest dash I have seen in the high end wakeboat segment! That's terrible, looks like someone made those switch panels in their garage.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-21-2012, 3:52 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
I'm wondering if Tige opens the Alpha Z up like this one so you can put more racks and tower speakers on. This one is pretty nice!
I wish I had this tower on my 244. I could have run 4 racks and WS Rev Three Some or 2x Rev 410. As it is, I could only run a set of Rev 10s and custom surf racks under the tower.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-21-2012, 3:56 PM Reply   
Likes: the tower, the rear half of the boat, the interior layout
Dislikes: Dash(like timmy said probably one of the cheasiest looking dashes I have ever seen), Everything forward of the windshield. Just horid lines in the bow area.

Mayeb it will look better on the water but damn the front of that thing is ugly as sin.

That tower on the 240 plus would pretty much be my ideal boat.

Last edited by polarbill; 05-21-2012 at 3:58 PM.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-21-2012, 7:35 PM Reply   
Horrific.
No free board
Stupid Low rub rail
Back deck that looks like a four winns
Bow that makes no sense aside from spreading the room

The pickle on the TIGE and MC and shovel on g23 actually have hull in th water if you look at them, this is just a regular bow hammered flat.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-21-2012, 7:46 PM Reply   
A lot more and better picks from Alliance. I still don't get it. I can't tell if it really is as low profile as it looks but that front end is sooooo ugly. What is with the tiny swim platform?
http://www.alliancewake.com/wake/cen...the-new-fx-22/

Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       05-21-2012, 8:09 PM Reply   
A lot of the seating looks like it was copied from an X-25. Interior is decent, I wish the observer chair looked back and not at a 45 degree angle, but thats minor. Like another poster said, rear is good lines front not so much.

But the dash is something unto itself. Sorry, but i wish them luck finding someone who thinks that dash looks good on a $75k boat. Just compare that to the dash of a Bu! Sorry don't mean to brign up another brand but that dash is something else.
Attached Images

Old     (07launch22ssv)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-21-2012, 9:05 PM Reply   
Is that an Iphone on the right side of the dash?
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-21-2012, 9:29 PM Reply   
A hard bimini? What is this, a pontoon boat?

The boat sitting in the water looks 1/4 decent...But look, At certain angles the tower looks like the scooped the basic design from Axis....The low freeboard makes it look like a Sanger.....I get that Centurion wants to be the "WakeSurf" company, and that swim platform probably doesn't hurt the wave, but its still insanely goofy looking.

I really think that the boat has some potential.....but a lot of things need to be completely redone.... like the dash, the entire interior.....

On a good note, I think the gravity fill ballast (assuming thats what those big cuts in the rear are) is AWESOME!!

WHAT ARE THOSE VENTS ON THE BOW FOR!?
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-21-2012, 9:38 PM Reply   
gross
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-21-2012, 11:40 PM Reply   
So much negativity. There are some cool things going on with this boat. Surf tabs, aggressively scalloped rear end for narrow trail, gravity ballast. I like how they have used traditional gauges with LCD screen, sure implementation could be better but the idea is spot on. I like the low profile look, the G23 high side look doesn't do a lot for me personally. Overall not bad!
Old     (22vdrive)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-21-2012, 11:49 PM Reply   
I want to see video of this ride in action. What will the surf wave look like¿
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-22-2012, 3:53 AM Reply   
Looks way better on the water!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-22-2012, 4:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
WHAT ARE THOSE VENTS ON THE BOW FOR!?
I would think venting/airflow under and through the seats/storage areas... I know in our boat all the under-seat storage is dead air and can get stinky quick... I wish there were bow vents so at 25mph air was being pushed through.

.... with that said, if you burry the bow, you've got a whole mess of water coming into those areas.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       05-22-2012, 4:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmy79 View Post
How would it seal tight? Where are the windshields going to go? Think about it there...
I did not say it looks like it does i said it would be cool if it could. if the tower folded back and down it would not cover the entire cabin of the boat but it could cover most, imagination in design my friend.
Old     (newmy79)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-22-2012, 4:46 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
So much negativity.
it's just market opinions on a product like any other.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       05-22-2012, 5:05 AM Reply   
Proof will be in the pudding on this one, I'm interested in seeing what the surf and wakeboard wakes look like. The dash is simple, I'd have to see it in person before passing judgment on it, but I can tell they took a lot of super-car style influences into designing the dash and overall style of the boat. I think the two port and starboard (non-flip down) arm rests in the bow are a waste of space, how many people actually use the flip down ones let alone some set to the outside of the bow where most people put there arms on top of the deck? It's good for a photoshoot but not for actual function, IMO. Maybe the vents in the bow are to redirect water spilled over the bow to the bilge? I have no idea. I kind of get the narrow platform, probably purpose built for surfing. You can see in one of the photos that the surf tabs are actually set to the outside of the platform. I bet this thing throws a monster surf wake. I just can't get past the low freeboard, I wonder if you can still slam it with weight? The low free board and sloping back end kind of reminds me of a Gekko Revo, but I'm sure it's a much better designed wakeboat.

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-22-2012, 5:38 AM Reply   
Why is there so little freeboard? It reminds me of the prostar 190 I had a billion years ago? The platform is super small, but I guess that's supposed to help with the surf wave?

That leanback seat behind the driver's seat is vertical. Doesn't look too comfy. Just a lot of interesting/unique features going on with this boat. I'm not too crazy about it, but it may be someone else's cup of tea.

Just really reminds me of a hotboat or trihull or something.
Old     (jillyjam)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-22-2012, 6:47 AM Reply   
OMG...I can't take another NEW boat launch! Centurion was "undercover" with their release - so I thought that they would be coming out with something stunning...especially, with the "no pickle fork" design copy idea. Ahhem, the Hammerhead bow is open like the pickle. The dash is sooo not for me - too plain. The helmet logo is too Spartan. I really luv the red tower cover thingy from the show photos as it looks like a hardtop shell - racey - looks like it could collapse to cover the interior. All else is very plain. Hoping that the surf wake is incredible because that is where the boyz hang there brand hats on!!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-22-2012, 7:21 AM Reply   
Quick, somebody grab the guy who designed that dash and fire him before he designs anything else! What an embarrasment to ergonomic design engineers everywhere.
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-23-2012, 7:40 AM Reply   
A few more pics of it on the water. Looks are starting to grow on me.
Attached Images

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-23-2012, 8:05 AM Reply   
I am really interested in the cutout sides of the hull towards the back half of the boat. I am assuming that is to narrow the running surface making it easier to sink that boat as well as list the boat. I lond of the shape of the cutouts somehow help shape the wake seeing how they are swooped back?

Looks kind of cool with the LED's in the front vent things although I can't see it being functional at all. I wonder if it would look better with those vents painted the same color as the boat.

Who asked for the rigid bimini to fold down? Haha. It might actually be kind of cool to do that with or without the rigid bimini because it might be easier to find a cover or have one made that covers everything, tower indcluded. I suppose the racks would have to be easy to take off though or swivel in so they clear the deck.

I like the solid red boat with the tan interior. Very Ferrari.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-23-2012, 8:10 AM Reply   
So the hardtop does fold down....interesting.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-23-2012, 8:21 AM Reply   
Game Changer.

(haha God i tired typing that with a straight face. Someone at that company needs to slap the design team in the FACE. I would insure it, burn it, and sink it, go get a better used boat)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-23-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
Other opinionsI have although we know what those count for.

I kind of like the low profile look. From the windshield back it is a sexy boat. I think I would prefer a platform shaped more like some of the other surf boats where the platform is wide at the transom and as it goes back it gets more narrow. It might not be any more functional but would look better in my opinion.

I can't decide if I like the rear seating/step area at the back. It is really low so doesn't provide much function and I think I would rather have the full length sunpad.

I am not a big fan of that type of walkthrough/over. Would rather have oen like the X45 that has the walthrough recessed slightly and soem sort of fill in cushion that can be set or snapped in.

Someone else mentioned it but the drivers side observers seat back looks like it needs some work. I like how they did it with a smaller cushion that doesn't take up as much room like the fully molded in version like on an MB. It jus looks too upright. That is a small thing though.

Overall i really like the layout of the interior and the depth of it. I also like interior vinyl design. It has enough design and color panels to make it look nice but not so many different pieces or accents that it looks busy. Looks easy to take care of.

I like the general idea of having a dash with guages, switches and a screen(prefer no screen at all) but that dash looks funky. At least the switch panel panel that holds the screen.

Love the tower.

Like the interior size of the bow but not a fan of the arm rests on either side of the people sitting in the bow facing forward. one side just takes up room in the bow and the other side that folds down just looks like something else to break.

What is the latest on surf tabs? MAstercraft and sanger have tried them but I thought the concensus was they didn't work that great. I don't really see any of the hardcore surfers on wakeworld using them. Maybe they work better with this boat?

Overall the boat does look a lot better on the water and there are some things that I like, but also some things that I don't really care for at all. Not that it matters since I am not buying a boat. I am very interested to see how it performs both wakeboarding and surfing.
Old     (kamighazi)      Join Date: Nov 2008       05-23-2012, 8:35 AM Reply   

See how the water scoops right into the front very easily?
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-23-2012, 8:37 AM Reply   
I dont care what it looks like. How good is the wake?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-23-2012, 9:06 AM Reply   
I actually kind of dig the the thought of a hard bimini although maybe not quite the design they used. If done a bit different it could look really good and open up other oppurtunities for things like downward lighting (mini potlights) or down firing speakers. For the people that like going over the top with tv's you could have a flip down mounted or something....I dunno but it does open some new ideas.