Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 24, 2009

Old     (adam)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-26-2009, 4:24 PM Reply   
Feel free to laugh at me, for these.. they are pretty hilarious.. What am I doing wrong? I just wanna jump wake to wake!!! =(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b898fmOd4fs

and another.. this one is better haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19CQPQomovA

Remember, u can laugh... but im a beginner.. LOL
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-26-2009, 4:26 PM Reply   
don't bend over at the hips towards the wake. instead, lean away from the boat.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-26-2009, 4:34 PM Reply   
Stand up taller and lean back on the rope. Watch a few videos on the proper technique. It'll help a bunch.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-26-2009, 4:34 PM Reply   
learn to go W2W heelside first. feels much more natural. *plus what joe said*
Old     (jasonpav)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-26-2009, 4:39 PM Reply   
+1 heelside. Way easier to learn to clear W2W jumps
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-26-2009, 4:40 PM Reply   
How about getting your edge locked down before doing any wake jumps. A lot of people go wrong with the progression of wakeboarding and just go for broke once they can stand up.
Old     (adam)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-26-2009, 4:43 PM Reply   
^^^ that sounds like me.. haha I barely started wakeboarding and have done this like 5 times...

I will probably be out at Don Pedro this weekend working on this! ALL WEEKEND!! Hopefully I get somewhere.. Thanks for the feedback guys!

p.s. I know there are a lot of big riders out there... but im a little wide.. im about 5'9 190lbs.. do i need to be doing anything special? I ride a 2007 Liquid Force PS3 141..
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-26-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
Heelside all the way... +3... Learn to ride the board first! Progressive edge all the way. Back straight, head up. Hip at the handle.
Old     (zuka666)      Join Date: Aug 2005       08-26-2009, 4:47 PM Reply   
Get big board 141+ which you have.
You'll Be fine!

(Message edited by zuka666 on August 26, 2009)
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       08-26-2009, 5:13 PM Reply   
i just noticed. your riding goofy. are you sure your goofy? because thats what i look like when i ride switch. haha.
but i know someone who snowboards, skate boards, and skis goofy. but wakeboards regular. it cant hurt to try riding right foot back
Old     (backflop)      Join Date: Aug 2009       08-26-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqAheageD9c
Old    thebiggmann            08-26-2009, 9:50 PM Reply   
Psh, weight doesn't make a difference. I'm 6'2" 240 and I'm small compared to a lot of guys on here and they're still a lot better riders than me lol.
Old     (premierwake136)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-27-2009, 8:28 AM Reply   
austin
i was just gonna post that. good drill
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       08-27-2009, 2:11 PM Reply   
+1 heelside jump way easier,

when you are out on that side you were on...practice edging out on your heels, dont just sit back on it-try to edge a little more relaxed and easy-more of an upright lean. there is a great video on the home page of going wake to wake

http://www.wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2258

very helpful

If you are new, dont just huck it. learn the fundamentals and you will progress more rapidly
Old     (chase2blind)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-27-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
TRY THIS>.. .
Every day when you go riding start off doing 4 different sets of cuts. Think of it as a warm up. By that I mean when you get up start right at the base of the wake, have the wake on your toe side, so that when you cut out you are on your heels. Cut out with a progressive edge as far as you want, then let the pull of the boat bring you back to the wake. DO NOT JUMP THE WAKE, just let it bring you back to the base and slow your momentum then do that same cut again... repeat 4-5 time on that edge... Then go to the other side of thw wake and cut out on your toe side. Same progressive and smooth cut. Make sure your body possition is perfect, let the pull of the boat pull you back to the wake... repeat 4-5 times... you starting to get the idea...??? No switch it up and ride with your opposite foot forward. Do the cuts on you heels and toes...

This exercise will get help progress your riding and cuts and then allow you to start making those gnarly cuts for some huge air.. Remember to keep you knees bent, butt in, arms straight and shoulders back. BODY POSSITION IS KEY...
Good luck.
Old     (adam)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-29-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
Sweet!! Time for me to go out and practice!! Thanks guys!! =)

See ya @ Don Pedro..
Old    Ben Kerran            08-29-2009, 3:09 PM Reply   
I'm a terrible wakeboarder, plus you've got some good advice above. I would suggest changing music while riding . Just kidding bro. Good luck at Pedro
Old     (adam)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-09-2009, 7:32 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the info guys.. im proud to say that I can now cut across and jump.. LANDING everytime.. =)

I feel much more comfortable on the board now and am finally seeing progress... THANKS AGAIN!!

*I did not have a camera handy this last time, but next time.. i will take a camera for sure!!