Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wake Events

Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       07-07-2016, 10:49 AM Reply   
Anyone planning on going to Wakefest in tn Aug 23 and 24th? I'm planning on going as long as I can get our boat out of Tims Ford for the event.

Is it best to put in at Pates Ford marina or will that be too busy the day of?
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       07-18-2016, 8:32 AM Reply   
Guess I'll be the only one there? lol
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       07-18-2016, 9:39 AM Reply   
We're headed up tomorrow afternoon and will be there through Sunday. I would be skeptical of putting in at Pate's because it probably will be busy. We're normally tying up in the boat line by 8am so you'd want to be putting in the water by 8ish at the latest to see the whole show on Saturday.

Last edited by DCross; 07-18-2016 at 9:42 AM. Reason: Forgot to address part of question.
Old     (corerider)      Join Date: May 2008       07-18-2016, 10:17 AM Reply   
I'll be there Friday mid-morning through Sunday. I'm not familiar enough with the area to know if there is a better ramp to put in at. Honestly in the years past I've noticed more people putting boats in Friday so they are already in the water tied to a dock ready to head out. I'm not usually paying attention Saturday though since I'm trying to make the event so I don't know if Pate's Ford is more busy then or not.

This should prove to be another great event if the weather holds out. Looks like it will be hot for sure! Either of you riding in the event or just joining the party? I plan to ride Advanced.
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       07-18-2016, 11:51 AM Reply   
I come to watch and party. Good luck!
Old     (twowake)      Join Date: Jun 2010       07-18-2016, 2:24 PM Reply   
I have a crew headed up Friday. We are staying at the camp site at Pates Ford.
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       02-16-2018, 5:59 PM Reply   
How is this event? We are thinking of making the tow from Dallas this summer so my 8 year old daughter can ride in the kids event.