Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-05-2016, 5:23 PM Reply   
OK I started a long time a go on an LF Watson hybrid 143 took two seasons on it and when it needing replacement I went to a Ronix bill 140 for the last 2 plus seasons. I like the Bill but I believe that Watson is what I progressed best on but looking at the LF offerings I like the Peak, the deluxe, and Watson but if you look at the specs they seem to be almost identical in all aspects..

what separate's the 3 or for popular LF park boards?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-06-2016, 5:39 AM Reply   
wow no advice huh? I assume its the under side features that makes them different but its hard to tell from a picture as specs go they nearly seem identical aside from the Tao being completely finless and others you have choice of fins..

The Watson hybrid seems the most likely to be able to use occasionally on the boat with fin choice and rocker style although it cant replace my Harley, my post surgery knee might like the larger board with a bit more flex

I realize the bigger differences might be in the tip and tail flex some have more for pressing and other less for more stability on kickers and doing off the water tricks..being a boat rider is why the Watson seems more a fit for me but if one of the other like Peak or Deluxe is superior for a reason id like to know..

????

Last edited by bill; 07-06-2016 at 5:44 AM.
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-06-2016, 8:24 AM Reply   
when i had the opportunity to ride cable often i got attached to riding my flex board on the boat. I wasn't ever really charging that hard behind the boat mainly bc I was so used to not having to edge aggressively into the kickers like I do a boat wake. last couple seasons i have been riding more and more boat and have the Hyperlite Kruz and just switched to the Byerly BP. Having the stiffness of a boat specific board is definitely the real deal. Flex had a fun playful feel but the release and pop was inconsistent for me off the wake.

Peak is an all wood machined core…i ride the deluxe as my cable/winch board and love it… and the watson hybrid/dose is probably your best bet for the boat.
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-06-2016, 11:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarek View Post
when i had the opportunity to ride cable often i got attached to riding my flex board on the boat. I wasn't ever really charging that hard behind the boat mainly bc I was so used to not having to edge aggressively into the kickers like I do a boat wake. last couple seasons i have been riding more and more boat and have the Hyperlite Kruz and just switched to the Byerly BP. Having the stiffness of a boat specific board is definitely the real deal. Flex had a fun playful feel but the release and pop was inconsistent for me off the wake.

Peak is an all wood machined core…i ride the deluxe as my cable/winch board and love it… and the watson hybrid/dose is probably your best bet for the boat.
yes I realize that io ride a Harley with ronix ones on it for boat and a Bill fpr the park but wanted to switch my park board..

the ;peak and deluxe are high on my list but have ridden the Watson hybrid before on cavle I figured it might be best bet to ride both if I chose , IE best bang for the buck..

however I really wanted to know the real differences between Peak, deluxe, and Watson. They have super similar specs other than flex patterns I cant see differences..
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-06-2016, 11:49 AM Reply   
If riding park is your main objective I would rule the Watson out. Deluxe has been my favorite LF Park board I've ridden. The old FLX was the go to board choice before it went thick like the slab. Not as big of a fan of the peak w the weight and being a little more rigid...
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-06-2016, 12:17 PM Reply   
I ride both two different boards but yes this purchase would be for a park heavy board..

so WHY is the Deluxe your fave? what do you primarily do at park?

I'm kicker heavy , its the boat rider in me , I don't have a lot of style on rails don't press etc so maybe that's why the peak and watson are more for me doing inverts off kickers 60% of the park riding..
Old     (tarek)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-06-2016, 1:40 PM Reply   
not sure why I'm wasting my time talking to you. most people won't know any differences or have the ability to tell any difference. Watch LF'N awesome and see bob hitting cab 9's and raph shredding cable on these old flight 69 decks. buy one of those
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       07-06-2016, 3:23 PM Reply   
I'm asking your riding style, its not waste of time, a board that may work for you may not work for me so when you recommend one its natural to ask what style you ride at the park..

I could recommend boards and binding and even boat wakes to many people based on my style and it wouldn't work for them unless they rode like me..
Old     (Kane)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-07-2016, 12:23 AM Reply   
I understand what you are saying Bill.

Personally (I ride a Watson Hybrid) but if I were buying again, I'd go for the Super Trip, I got to demo one and loved it.
Back when I used to ride boat I rode a Lyman and the Super Trip just took me straight back.
My Watson is still going strong so I can't validate buying a new board.

I would also take a look at the Tao.
Old     (tribeal)      Join Date: Jul 2016       07-07-2016, 5:01 PM Reply   
Just bought a 2016 FLX. Been on it 1 2hr session and I'm already in love