Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Guwop1017)      Join Date: Jun 2016       06-29-2016, 1:14 PM Reply   
Hey everyone, I've got a '94 mastercraft maristar that I would like to put a sound system in. It did have one when my dad first bought it way back when, so the speaker holes and what not are there, it just needs to be "updated".

My budget is $650.

It doesn't need to have superbly crisp sound quality... I just want it to bump and make some noise.

I figured I'd ask you all, as I'm sure I'm not the only person who has wanted to do this.

Any suggestions are appreciated

Thanks

-Gucci Mane

Last edited by Guwop1017; 06-29-2016 at 1:15 PM. Reason: None
Old     (goridedoo)      Join Date: Jul 2015       06-29-2016, 2:18 PM Reply   
Polk Db651's are pretty good speakers for the money, around $50-$70 a pair but to get your bumps you will for sure need a sub with them. Polks MM series subs are fairly cheap, marine certified and supposedly sound decent. A 5 channel amp alone could kill your budget, I have no advice there.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-29-2016, 4:40 PM Reply   
I don't do marine specific. This amp is in my boat doing a good job. Bench tested at close to 100watts rms per channel plus the sub. $225

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-JAD900.5.html

I prefer kicker speakers over polk but that's a personal preference.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       06-30-2016, 8:31 AM Reply   
solid price on that amp. I don't do marine either. mention boat or marine and price triples.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-30-2016, 8:50 AM Reply   
I don't do marine either ..you only need marine if your gonna be getting everything wet a lot . Most of the new speakers aren't made from paper anymore and can take a little water every now and then . One thing to be careful of with cheaper amps is they sometimes use more battery and are less efficient then some of the better ones.
If it was me Id be on craigslist looking for a nice used amp and sub and go get some decent speakers for mids and highs duty.
Old     (Aurex)      Join Date: Aug 2014       06-30-2016, 2:54 PM Reply   
No marine specific audio here either.

Ballin' on a budget.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-30-2016, 3:30 PM Reply   
That amp some Polk DB651's and decent sub would be money.

Another solid older budget amp still available is the kicker ZX 700.5. The ZX amps were used in lot of older wakeboats as OEM amps. Kicker imo has some of the best customer service around for their products .

Last edited by xstarrider; 06-30-2016 at 3:33 PM.