Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (acatoni)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-30-2013, 8:29 AM Reply   
Guys & Gals,
I am a marketing student at the University of Central Florida (UCF) and I am conducting a study to explain the explosive growth and demand for wakeboarding, both cable and boat. Once my study is complete I would like to present this to the X Games committee and help get wakeboarding back in! I have conducted some research at my local cable park (Orlando Watersports Complex), but I would like narrow my results down...So far I have found that social media, cable parks, wakeboard brands and the vibe(s) of wakeboarding have intrigued people and helped promote the sport. My next topic for discussion is the style of wakeboarding and its influence on the sport. By style, I mean apparel, how wakeboarders carry themselves, the mentality, etc.

Questions:
As far as apparel is concerned, what do wakeboarders look for in clothing? (shirts, shorts, boardshorts, tanks, bathing suits (women), etc.)?

What do you like about current clothing? (Do you like the designs, material the clothing is made from, the vibes the brand gives off, etc.?)

What problems are there with the current apparel? (Are the boardshorts too short? Does the material bother you?...etc.)

How would you describe the "wakeboard life"?

How do you as a wakeboarder carry yourself?

What mentality do you have? Is it an extreme, go big or go home type of thinking? Is it chill or both? etc.

I appreciate as much feedback as possible, this could be groundbreaking for this sport!!

Thanks,
Anthony