Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Snowboarding

Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-01-2013, 9:02 AM Reply   
Took a trip to Tahoe over Christmas and hit it JUST right! 44" fell in 36 hours @ Homewood, it was epic!

Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       02-02-2013, 3:44 PM Reply   
Nice video! I would love to ride in conditions like that someday. So sick of all the man made crap here in the midwest.
Old     (chad23)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-05-2013, 12:00 AM Reply   
Man why did you have to post that! I havent been boarding in a couple weeks and you have to give me some never before seen pow shots! Someday i'll check out tahoe; what resort do you usually ride at?
Old     (wakeboardertj)      Join Date: May 2005       02-05-2013, 11:21 AM Reply   
Damn homewood looks fun. I was at sugarbowl almost everyday that same weekend with my new gopro, was too much fun. I have that same hand boom (wrist strap broke) and was too afraid to use it with the 6 feet of powder that was at sugarbowl , just used the chest mount. I still have 16 gigs of footage to go through, some day.
Old     (ReSession)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-05-2013, 11:46 AM Reply   
Ha, sorry guys...I was jonesin' for some powder of our own here in Vermont! Stowe's only 45 minutes from my house so I've managed to make it up there 26 times this season, but it's been a WEAK!

This vid was from Homewood...if you ever hit Tahoe on a powder weekend, this is a great mountain to visit because it's super easy to get to, plus there are never any lines. The lifts are slower, but they have huge expansion plans for the next few years (and then come the crowds!). We were super lucky because Homewood got the majority of the snow on 12/27 and 12/28, but most people headed to Alpine & Squaw...unfortunately, they were blasting the mountains all day there on avalanche control, so it only made things worse for them (but better for us!). The snow was so deep, my girlfriend actually started crying because she was getting stuck...it was her first time in 4+ feet of snow, so I had to send her back to the groomed trails while I tore it up with my cousin and her boyfriend! Somehow I managed to delete my footage for the second day (just as much pow but bluebird conditions) so I only have those memories in my head!

The uShot GoPro monopod (extendable pole) is so sweet...I'm on my second one but it holds up great, fits in any coat pocket and extends to almost 2'. For $29.99, it's a great option! http://www.amazon.com/Xtreme-USHBLK-.../dp/B004FW9KNC
Old     (peter19u)      Join Date: Oct 2006       02-05-2013, 12:57 PM Reply   
I was up at Northstar during the same time and it was amazing. Damn, we reall need some rain and snow soon so I can get back up there.
Old     (dvsone79)      Join Date: Dec 2012       04-22-2013, 1:12 PM Reply   
Nice footage! I've got to get a GoPro...
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       06-20-2013, 7:25 PM Reply   
Don't wanna rub it in but I will. I ride every Tahoe powder day in the last 10 years . But out my fish and rip that ****!!