Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Girls Who Ride

Old     (moon)      Join Date: Oct 2008       05-01-2010, 7:03 AM Reply   
Do any of you wear mens boardshorts? I ask, because my wife hasn't found any women's boardshorts that she likes. She's not into wearing the short stuff and would rather wear something that is at knee length or a little lower, like mens boardshorts. Any tips and advice, since I was thinking about purchasing some for her for mother's day.

Thanks,
Moon
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       05-02-2010, 5:39 AM Reply   
Moon - I only wear men's board shorts, as they are just much more comfortable for people that aren't size 6 & smaller! My favorites are the O'Neill's because they aren't gangster long and the Hyperfreaks, Superfreaks & Byerlyfreaks are THE most comfortable shorts every made in my opinion!
Old     (TarahMik)      Join Date: May 2010       05-02-2010, 6:30 AM Reply   
I think you should take a look at the Ten-80 boardshorts. They make a really nice fitting long boardshort with a lot of different prints. They're the only company I can think of that makes women's boardshorts like that. If you're buying them as a gift, probably buy 1 size up from what your wife usually wears. They will fit super comfortable!
Old     (sexyws6mama)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-02-2010, 6:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Do any of you wear mens boardshorts? I ask, because my wife hasn't found any women's boardshorts that she likes. She's not into wearing the short stuff and would rather wear something that is at knee length or a little lower, like mens boardshorts. Any tips and advice, since I was thinking about purchasing some for her for mother's day.

Thanks,
Moon
I wear both. Only tip would be to measure her waist and get that in men's. I'm a 32 inch so I get 32 in men's shorts. (well I like to wear them on my hip bones).

I usually get mine from Pacsun, but my boyfriend gets his from Rue 21 and they have some nice looking ones there!

The only problem I have with women's boardshorts, they usually don't fit around my thighs!!! LOL Of if they do, I have to buy a way bigger size!
Old     (polhamus)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-02-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
Foxhead.com great place for long shorts!!
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-03-2010, 4:29 PM Reply   
i have a couple of pairs of ladies boardies that are cut like men's boardies (ie long with wide legs). I think 1 pair are volcom, and the other roxy. roxy also do the normal long leg girly ones, so it can be hard to pick out the wide leg shorts. both pairs fit really nicely. some of the jetpilot ride shorts have reasonabley wide legs too.
I'm with you audrey - they don't make women's boardies to go over normal thighs very often! If you're not 15 with stick thin legs you're in trouble!!
Old     (aliwake)      Join Date: Dec 2006       05-03-2010, 6:41 PM Reply   
forgot to say the only problem with men's boardies is that the crutch is usually really low, and for me it ends up chafing on my inner legs. they're fine to wear over boardies though, or with wetsuit shorts underneath.
Old     (Freedafurface)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-02-2010, 9:21 PM Reply   
I wear both long and short board shorts. O'neil makes a leg opening wide enough to give most women the extra room to move. The guys shorts feel a bit long in the crotch. I am not sure they still make them but my favorite long shorts were made by Oakley.
Old     (Freedafurface)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-02-2010, 9:25 PM Reply   
http://www.zappos.com/search/oakley+...avAndThumbs2:1
I just checked this web site and they do still carry them most have at least a 22 in opening in the leg which should be enough