Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-16-2010, 1:35 PM Reply   
Just figured i'd post this up to help some people if they wanted it. I had some issues with a tower not too long ago: paid the down payment to samson for the tower, brother never paid the rest like he was suppose to so i lost the tower and the down payment. anyway, i decided to make lemonade out of lemons. I had the speakers ready for my tower, but no tower for it so i figured out a simple way to put them up with just a pylon. Its been on there now for about 2 years and has been perfect. Never had any problems with it what so ever! Anyways, here's how to do it.

extended pylon, with skyrack. drilled 4 holes for the u-bolts. bought a 4 ft thick pvc pipe and painted it black. It actually looks good too. bolted it on and bolted the speakers on. I also customized my bimini top so the pylon would go through it, you can see it in the pictures as well. anyway, just figured this might help someone who doesn't have the money or wants to make the best out of what they have. here's some pics.
Upload
Upload
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-16-2010, 1:37 PM Reply   
Oh the white marks on the pvc pipe are from when i was putting it on trying to get it centered. I just haven't re-painted it yet. Lookin at the pic, it looks pretty crappy, but it works really well.

oh and since this picture was taken, it is centered now, and i have added 2 forward facing lights and two rear facing that work really well also.

(Message edited by sippi on February 16, 2010)
Old     (pwningjr)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-16-2010, 2:55 PM Reply   
Looks cool. How's the weight taking it up and down (or do you leave it up all the time?)?
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-16-2010, 3:11 PM Reply   
I take it down probably once a year, boat stays in my boat house on a lift until it gets too cold to ride but it's not too heavy, I can take it off myself.
Old     (premierwake136)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-16-2010, 3:41 PM Reply   
how do you like those speakers
Old     (sippi)      Join Date: Dec 2007       02-16-2010, 4:12 PM Reply   
I love them, they have been great speakers! You can hear them loud and clear at 75 ft back even when cutting out. I'd recommend them to anyone, and get compliments constantly on how good they sound fro
other boats.
Old     (882001)      Join Date: Nov 2003       02-16-2010, 4:40 PM Reply   
my old set up had 2 poles welded to the pylon