Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-10-2016, 8:37 PM Reply   
Wow impressed!

https://youtu.be/TP6dtnkm9d0
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-11-2016, 5:28 AM Reply   
wow.. is right
Old     (get_sum)      Join Date: Jun 2012       07-11-2016, 5:46 AM Reply   
Impressive indeed. But as well all know, stoping is as important as is going.

Very cool experiment though. Instant torque is pretty sweet
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-11-2016, 6:18 AM Reply   
Holy crap.

I was sitting there watching it go yea yea. I know electric is all torque so off the line they are fast but they fall on there face after the 1/4".

Then I saw the trailer and yea!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-11-2016, 9:20 AM Reply   
That was pretty impressive! I wish they would have shown the 1/4 mile time at the end though so we could see how much it slowed down (or didn't).
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       07-11-2016, 2:51 PM Reply   
Teslas have regenerative braking - so I suspect it would stop just fine as the brakes only have to do a portion of the work.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-12-2016, 12:15 AM Reply   
James, if you ever get a chance to drive any Tesla you will not have a worry about whether they can brake well or not. They are vastly better than any pickup. Of course, towing a boat will really drop your range on those things so it may not be the hauler you really want to take a trip with.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       07-13-2016, 7:57 AM Reply   
Chances are if you can afford the SUV towing range is probably not your biggest concern as it's probably not your single do it all vehicle. It to get you to your lake house with your cooler and new gear.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-13-2016, 10:27 AM Reply   
I would love to see a Drag race between the Tesla towing a modern wake boat Vs the typical Lifted power stroke Ect. I'm sure many of the Lifted powerstroke dudes would be pretty embarrassed.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-13-2016, 11:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
I would love to see a Drag race between the Tesla towing a modern wake boat Vs the typical Lifted power stroke Ect. I'm sure many of the Lifted powerstroke dudes would be pretty embarrassed.
5,000 lb tow capacity...
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       07-13-2016, 5:06 PM Reply   
Hey Grant, your boat is kind of light (other than a few extra amps and batteries). Maybe this is for you? I think you would need to put a wrap on it though. The S is really attractive. The X they missed by a bit.
Old     (WheelerWake)      Join Date: Mar 2013       07-13-2016, 5:33 PM Reply   
Not really that impressive when you realize that the "Super Car" is powered by a 1.7l engine with about the same horsepower as a mini van....And that Tesla is really ugly.