Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cragrat)      Join Date: Mar 2012       01-21-2014, 11:53 AM Reply   
Just picked her up... and can't WAIT to start MY mods!

Opinions: Thinking of going "sans graphics". This is a new boat... but has been on the lot for two years. Will buffing take care of any potential issues? I kinda like the idea of launching her... "nude"...
Attached Images

Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       01-21-2014, 12:02 PM Reply   
Nice ride and congrats. Had to double take. Thought you had the 226 hooked up to the VW.lol. Won't know how bad potential discoloring will be until you do peal everything but being that it's still relatively new I wouldn't think it should be that bad.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-21-2014, 12:06 PM Reply   
Congrats on the new ride! Great looking boat!
Old     (priszkid)      Join Date: Aug 2007       01-21-2014, 9:17 PM Reply   
Congrats! I also like the no graphics look. Doing a good polishing would bring her back to shine I'm sure.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-22-2014, 6:38 AM Reply   
Nice and great pic.... I kind of like the decals, but I notice a lot of people comment about taking them off on the Supreme. Looks great and beautiful pic!
Old     (JMoore15)      Join Date: Sep 2012       01-22-2014, 11:34 AM Reply   
Just took the graphics off my boat. I used a heat gun to help peel off, removed the residue with Goo Gone (got it at Home Depot), and followed with a wash and wax. You can't tell the graphics were ever there.
Attached Images

Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       01-27-2014, 10:54 PM Reply   
Id just remove the "surf" and "series". Clean looking boat and beautiful cabin/land you've got there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old     (Alleykat)      Join Date: Jan 2013       01-28-2014, 7:13 PM Reply   
I'd just remove all the stickers and say its a Masterbu.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-28-2014, 7:20 PM Reply   
A good buffing compound then a polish then a wax will remove any traces of previous decals
Old     (jaws)      Join Date: May 2012       01-29-2014, 7:13 AM Reply   
John why did you get rid of the v232? I removed the supreme, surf, and the v226 on mine at the end of the year, and had no issues. I am kind of regretting it in a small way. For the simple fact of where our dock is located in a busy area. so pulling in to our dock can get sketchy with rollers coming in. The sticker are almost helping prevent any dings that could occur while pulling in to our dock. i did however get some additional boat fenders to help out. Congrats on the new boat!
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       01-29-2014, 8:49 AM Reply   
Wow sweet looking V226 John! I surfed behind Rob and Janel Harrington's at the Polar Bear 2 years ago. They had it dialed in and the wave was amazing. It was one of the most popular boats to surf that year.
We bought our V212 like you did. It was a new 2011 that had been sitting on a dealers lot in Vancouver, WA for 2 years. Sure helps with the price of a new boat when they need to get rid of it. Did you trade in your V232?
Can't wait for some warm weather!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       01-29-2014, 6:07 PM Reply   
Jayson do you have pics of your 226 naked?? we just put in an order and having the decals shipped loose so we can add later if we want
Old     (jaws)      Join Date: May 2012       02-08-2014, 1:40 PM Reply   
@Harrold I do not it is stuck in storage till mid march.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       02-09-2014, 3:13 PM Reply   
If it were mine, I do one of three things.
1: Remove all decals, make it clean like you're thinking. Probably the preferred option.
2: Remove all declas except Surf.
3: Just remove series and supreme and put a new supreme decal on to close the gap making it read "Supreme Surf"

With all of those I would probably just have it clean and debadged as much as possible.
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       02-09-2014, 3:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by phathom View Post
If it were mine, I do one of three things.
1: Remove all decals, make it clean like you're thinking. Probably the preferred option.
2: Remove all declas except Surf.
3: Just remove series and supreme and put a new supreme decal on to close the gap making it read "Supreme Surf"

With all of those I would probably just have it clean and debadged as much as possible.
I see one problem with your idea on #3. On the port side it will say "Supreme Surf", but on the starboard side it'll say "Surf Supreme"....I'd just go nude on the graphics
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-09-2014, 3:41 PM Reply   
Lets see some pics of the VW van, that thing is BA
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       02-09-2014, 7:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K View Post
I see one problem with your idea on #3. On the port side it will say "Supreme Surf", but on the starboard side it'll say "Surf Supreme"....I'd just go nude on the graphics
True, but right now doesn't it say surf series supreme on the starboard side and supreme series surf on the port? It's already inconsistent and flipped from factory then. This wouldn't be much different.
Also, if you're doing all that already, you could remove the surf on the starboard side and make that side go back to front Supreme Surf as well.

Overall clean will always look clean. Strip the girl naked and show off those body lines.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       02-09-2014, 7:48 PM Reply   
Also, I just realized the tow rig was a VW bus. I was too distracted looking at the boat to even see a tow rig. I laughed at first, but that's actually kinda awesome.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-10-2014, 8:42 AM Reply   
I matched the boat for the Supreme & Surf. They have a thin chrome outline and in some angles/ lighting are barely visible. Picture is not so great but you can see how they blend. I like the look but ideally I would have just had a 1/2 size Supreme where the surf is and nothing elsebut that wasn't availalble. I also had matching 3-D bubble registration numbers made that you can't see in the pic with the cover on. We'll see if the po-po are okay with them or not this summer.
Attached Images

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-10-2014, 9:32 AM Reply   
Looks great but im still going naked except for the logo on the transom. Did you buy your boat from NWBS?? great guys
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       02-10-2014, 9:47 AM Reply   
yep, NWBS. great guys to work with and a great deal IMO. PM me if you want to talk more about pricing and options.