Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Trever)      Join Date: Mar 2016       08-15-2017, 9:38 AM Reply   
I have been wanting to try surfing on my boat for a while now. Unfortunately, the v210's have almost now freeboard so weighting it is quite difficult. I was considering making a wakeshaper for ~$30. I don't expect to surf ropeless, but would the shaper and about 6 people in the boat work at all? Thanks in advance.
Old     (ATB0713)      Join Date: Oct 2013 Location: Massachusetts       08-15-2017, 1:57 PM Reply   
yo! i ride ropeless behind a 97 Sanger v210 on a Ronix 5'7 Koal Thruster. We have the open bow and put about 200 in the front and one big 200 in the center near the back seat. Get a couple freinds out there and you'll be good to go. We can only ride on the starboard side. The port side is all washed out. This is due to the direction of the propeller. I can only imagine taht a wake shaper of any capacity would work wonders!!

hope this helps....
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       08-15-2017, 2:15 PM Reply   
yes. shaper really wakes up the hull. you can get crisp clean lippy wave with the shaper alone. add some weight (friends are great!) and you'll be in business. got the v230, same hull just a tad longer. will throw a nice wave, add a shaper and it gets better

once you learn how to stop and turn (cut throttle halfway, start turning wheel, then slowly reduce throttle to idle as you continue turning the wheel to full lock) you will not take water over the bow from your own roller. I usually have 3000 lbs in mine. we are running less weight these days. I think we had 1600 in ballast last time out. 5 friends and it was great! post a pic when you get it dialed
Old     (Trever)      Join Date: Mar 2016       08-15-2017, 3:48 PM Reply   
I will definitely work on a wake shaper this week. Seems pretty straight forward. I'm thinking one sort of like this one:
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/....php?p=1268934

Everyone seems to use cutting boards! lol