Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    jblinzler            10-17-2015, 2:30 PM Reply   
This review of Bullet Lines is for anyone contemplating buying any of their products; but more specifically any of their biminis.

I placed an order for the Krypt over/under tower bimini on August 21st. I quickly received an email that same day asking what tower I was planning on attaching the bimini to. I then received an email on the 24th stating that the bimini was out of stock. I was given the option to wait until the end of September and receive a free set of surf racks or cancel the order. I chose to wait. During the last week of September I checked in and Ken Land from Bullet Lines stated that my order would ship at the end of the week. With the expected 7 day shipping I planned my lake day around the bimini's delivery. Well the Bimini never showed, and my crew baked in the sun again! I contacted Ken again and learned that he lied to me; the biminis were still out of stock and they had no intention of following through.

Long story short; This was the worst costumer service I have experienced in the wake industry. The only thing they did right was refund my money in a timely manner. Be extremely cautions when dealing with this company.

BTW - I ended up just ordering a universal bimini from ebay and received it in less than a week.

Last edited by jblinzler; 10-17-2015 at 2:36 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       10-17-2015, 3:01 PM Reply   
Didn't sound like a nightmare to me to be honest
Old     (howaldryan)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-17-2015, 4:56 PM Reply   
There is burnt toast and then there is tragedy. This is burnt toast.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-17-2015, 6:21 PM Reply   
Can't believe people still do business with Ken. He and his business has had a shady reputation since 2008-2009 at least.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       10-17-2015, 7:14 PM Reply   
I do t buy any of kens products PURE $HIT but Man can he do Gell Coat work. The guy is a God!
Old     (T_A)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-17-2015, 7:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by howaldryan View Post
There is burnt toast and then there is tragedy. This is burnt toast.
Agree, it's October, how bad could you have burned?? I've done business with him once for led speaker rings and they were the wrong size but had no issues getting the right ones sent. He may not be the warmest guy dealing with on the phone but got stuff taken care of which I have no problem with.
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       10-17-2015, 11:31 PM Reply   
Unless it's a factory bimini for a specific factory tower, why not go to a local bimini or upholstery shop to get a custom bimini made? It'll be exactly what you want and they usually cost close to what you can find on the internet, except there is no guessing about whether it will fit or not.

This is more of a rhetorical question, not a direct question to the OP, unless he wants to answer. Maybe I'm just an older boater but that's how you used to get a bimini, find a good local shop and get exactly what you want.
Old    jblinzler            10-19-2015, 8:22 AM Reply   
The sole purpose of this was not to complain or act like it was some horrible event, rather it was simply designed to bring awareness. A company should never lie to their customers. If they would have given me a straight answer from the beginning, there would never have been an issue. Poor customer service equals a poor review.
Old     (antoddio)      Join Date: Dec 2006       10-20-2015, 7:03 AM Reply   
This is old news. I had quite a fair bit of trouble over something that was very simple with him. Quite a rude individual as well. I feel bad for him that he is that way, his life must suck. Pity aside, I would never ever do business with him again.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-21-2015, 12:19 PM Reply   
I've gotten racks and mirrors from them with no glitches at all, def would buy from them again.......
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       10-22-2015, 8:24 AM Reply   
lots of factors here, including some out of his control. like shipping times from suppliers...

sounds like he always responded to your requests and gave you the best info he had at the time. I wouldn't stock biminis in October either
Old     (t6tech)      Join Date: Mar 2015       10-22-2015, 12:12 PM Reply   
DIYwake makes there own custom bimini's so you only have to wait a few days to have one made and shipped.

www.diywake.com
Old     (natedogg)      Join Date: Aug 2011       10-22-2015, 1:47 PM Reply   
I have delt with Ken since 2008 I have bought a tower, speakers, ropes, and wake racks over the years I live about 20 minutes from him so i never deal with shipping but to me hes been honest with our dealings. You get what you pay for his stuff is not the highest quality but for the price it has been fair to me and i would not hesitate to do business with Ken in the future fwiw.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       10-23-2015, 7:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
but Man can he do Gell Coat work. The guy is a God!
Hahaha, I hear its in the guy he steals, uhmm, I mean hires to do his work.