Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-09-2011, 1:44 PM Reply   
Just put the boat in the water yesterday and after hitting a couple rollers, the dash guages all stopped working except for the perfect pass and depth finder. Couple more bumps and back on. Finally a couple more and off again. Just got the thing (well its used) 2001 X30, and this happens. Seems like since all the guages stopped its gotta be a short or bad wire. Just curious where I should start looking. I crawled under the dash and crap there is a @#$# of wires. Just thought if someone else had this issue they could tell me where to start.
Thanks
Old     (BTV)      Join Date: Jul 2010       05-09-2011, 1:54 PM Reply   
Tighten the connections to the common ground bar on the back/inside of the drivers foot well where all the wires are. Fixed problem on mine. Good luck
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-09-2011, 1:57 PM Reply   
That is the bar right up under the dash correct? So if you lay down and look up that is what you see. I'll start there.
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-09-2011, 3:49 PM Reply   
If that doesnt do it for you it will most likely be your MDC box. the 99-01 boats have this problem. You can get water in the MDC and it will freeze/fry out the system. We have them in stock and its a really easy fix if this is the case. Here is the product - http://www.waterskis.com/MasterCraft..._box_99_01.htm
Sometimes you can see a crack where the pickup tubes are (white male ends in the pic of the MDC Box).
If you need more help give me a shout via email
John Brine
www.waterskis.com
John@waterskis.com
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-09-2011, 4:38 PM Reply   
I remember seeing the box and if memory serves me right only one of those white tubes had something hooked to it. Are they both supposed to be connected to something? I'll check it out again when I get home.
Old     (snowboardcorey)      Join Date: Jan 2004       05-10-2011, 5:56 AM Reply   
You'll just have one speedo line hooked into the MDC box because you have Perfect Pass. Check the connections to the MDC and if they are all good then the MDC itself is on the fritz and should be replaced.
Old     (burtonrider77)      Join Date: Nov 2007       05-10-2011, 12:26 PM Reply   
on those older mastercrafts, sometimes their is problems with the ground wire. if you run a auxillary ground from the pin 24 to the ground block under the dash that should help out as well
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-10-2011, 1:08 PM Reply   
Corey beat me to it!
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-10-2011, 1:27 PM Reply   
Vaughn, Dont want to sound like an idiot but I am sometimes when it comes to electrical. Where is the Pin 24? Also could I attach it anywhere on the ground block?