Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-07-2011, 4:34 AM Reply   
Hey guys, I am looking to pick up a closeout a22 this off season. Was wondering what people have been able to pick up decently equipped closeouts or demos?

Would also be open to a vride if the price is right. Need to know if I can make it fit into a ~40k budget.

Thanks

Also, I am in the chicago/ SE wisco area but am willing to travel.

Last edited by ryansgt; 01-07-2011 at 4:35 AM. Reason: more info
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-07-2011, 5:57 AM Reply   
PM sent. I know of a few demo/used A22's.
Old     (bzubke1)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-07-2011, 7:52 AM Reply   
http://www.onlyinboards.com/Details.aspx?ID=821364
Might be able to get that one for 40.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-07-2011, 9:58 AM Reply   
Hi Ryan, PM Sent about something that might interest you...
Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-08-2011, 5:46 AM Reply   
Funny thing is I was looking at that exact axis. I figured I may be able to get him to come down a bit
Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-09-2011, 8:57 AM Reply   
was checking out that a22 and that same marina has a new leftover 09 21 vride.

Given the choice, would anyone take the vride for 2k more over the axis.

I have ridden the axis and love the wake, and i'm leaning towards the axis. Is there anything in the vride that would make it worth the jump.

http://www.plowmansmarine.com/produc...0-Axis-A22.htm

http://www.plowmansmarine.com/produc...-21-V-Ride.htm
Old     (xxxlair)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-09-2011, 9:05 AM Reply   
i would hope they would be dealing on those boats. drive by that marina all the time and the axis has been there since like august 2009 and the vride probably fall 08
Old     (apwrx)      Join Date: Feb 2008       01-09-2011, 12:54 PM Reply   
I would choose the vride.Iam a fit and finish guy and the lack there of on the 09 axis would sway me.That coupled with a quite a few personal issues i have with the layout and equipment. Both look great and will throw a wake good enough to do anything you want iam sure, Good luck on your purchase and have fun
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-09-2011, 1:29 PM Reply   
I don't think the Vride in that era had an option for the bow ballast. It isn't that big of a deal but just know you are going to have to get added weight up there somehow to offset the wedge. That means ballast bags in the walkthrough or bow or lead hidden. Like Adam said the overall fit and finish would make me lean towards the Vride but the bow ballast and larger bow area may make me lean towards the Axis.

Wow, just looked at that vride. It has the monsoon engine and power wedge. In my opinion is a lot better looking boat as well with the solid black gelcoat under the rubrail.

If it was me I think I would see what kind of deal they would be willing to make on the vride. A few options you would want to add to that boat are either swivel or removable board racks and plumbed in rear vdrive sacs. Then buy a triangle bow sack to put up front, use lead or a combination.

Last edited by polarbill; 01-09-2011 at 1:35 PM.
Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-09-2011, 1:34 PM Reply   
I have demoed the axis and love the wake. Is the fit and finish we are talking about materials used (plastic) or actual construction because i thought axis was made by malibu.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       01-09-2011, 1:45 PM Reply   
I don't really think it has to do with quality of core construction but the Vride should feel a little more complete or finished in the interior.

The wake reviews have been amazing on the Axis but I have to imagine both boats are capable of producing similar size and shaped wakes with the same amount ballast. The nice thing about the Axis is most if not all ballast will be hidden where you may have to have exposed sacks with the vride if you don't like the idea of lead.
Old     (ryansgt)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-09-2011, 3:51 PM Reply   
gotcha, yeah i think i am set on the axis but i am gonna check out both when i get up there. i've obviously been in the vride at shows.

thanks for the help guys
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       01-10-2011, 11:51 AM Reply   
If your main goal is to wakeboard get the Axis.
Old     (rbrandon)      Join Date: Feb 2010       01-12-2011, 1:31 PM Reply   
Well my opinion is a little bias, but we love our Axis! We purchased it in June of 09 have no regrets. As far as fit and finish we also have no complants! Our choice was between a 2008 V-ride and our 2009 A22, side by side we couldn't even try to lean towards the v-ride. But the 2009 v-rides are more up to date. (same as 2006+ wakesetters)

The Love's

1) The room Wow!
2) The pickle fork (helps keep from dipping when weighted heavy in the nose, and side spray)
3) Modern/ pointed look (gets alot of attention)
4) Wingless windshield (awesome for docking)
5) Simple Electronics/easy to use (sorry touch screen lover's)

The Dislike's

1) The huge distance from sun deck to platform (corrected 2011)
2) Only one board rack on each side of tower (corrected 2011)
3) Everybody Wants A Pull......