Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (oldboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-27-2009, 8:35 PM Reply   
My wife and I own a week on a 65 foot houseboat on Lake Powell (July 12 - July 18). Unfortunately this year we have no other families lined up to go with us due to other commitments and financial hard times. It might seem bold to post this, but our family is accustomed to meeting and enjoying the company of others throughout our vacations. My wife and I are easy going math teachers with two awesome boys (13 and 15). We are into all kinds of water sports and adventure.

Disclaimer This is not a drunk trip. We love to socialize and alcohol is sometimes involved, but nothing we would be ashamed of later.

The cost of the trip is approximately $2000 per family for four families (including mine). This includes the shared yearly fees of the boat, gas for the houseboat, your boat/PWCs, AND food for the week. If fewer families participate, the cost increases, but will not be more than $3000.

It's an awesome trip and we're willing to share it.

Boat Specs...

2001 14x65 (pulled out of water every week, fully cleaned and inspected, then relaunched withing 24 hours)

Loading and unloading are done on land>>>+land gas prices

Four Staterooms

Two Bathrooms

Full Upper Deck with navigational controls upper and lower. Also crane for PWCs and Slide from upper deck

Twin 5.0 liter marine engines

14 KWt generator with DryStack exhaust (Safety feature not found on many boats)

3 ton AC

Residential Electric Appliances

Dining Room

Living Room

XM Radio, TV/DVD, Cell phone booster

600 Gallon fuel station (never used more than 350) for all needs including houseboat.
Old     (showmedonttellme)      Join Date: Mar 2008       04-28-2009, 9:24 AM Reply   
Damn, I can't do that week/weekend, but I wish I could Ray. That sounds perfect. I'm 35 and I've never been on a HB! I have a 5 year old son and a 1 year old Daughter, sounds like the perfect environment.

Maybe next year!
Old     (oldboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       04-29-2009, 10:11 AM Reply   
If you're ever at the River (strip), let me know. We can do a few runs and you can get a better idea of how the trip and my family might work out.
Old     (rustd408)      Join Date: May 2009       05-01-2009, 4:03 PM Reply   
Wow..I would really like to go. I have never been to Lake Powell but heard it is beautiful. It sounds like all is included and that is a fair price, but I have been out of work for a bit and honestly tween flying to Arizona and car to get there..it would put up over the budget. If you get a huge response and their is room on the roof for small tents or just a sleeping bag is there an option for a reduced rate? Thanks. Moderate and calm, Dianne
Old     (oldboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-02-2009, 11:46 AM Reply   
Hi Dianne,

Thanks for the interest, however we are looking for families or groups with their own boats/toys. Check with your friends, you never know.

Ray
Old     (oldboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-02-2009, 11:49 AM Reply   
BTW, for all others looking, we do have a Nautique to bring as well as a couple of PWCs (which I need to somehow get pulled up there from Palm Springs area).

Also, we actually load on the evening of July 11th and then get dropped in on Sunday morning around 6 am. It works out to at least as much quality time on the water as a regular rental but without all the hassle of loading and unloading on the docks.

As noted earlier, pull together some friends. It's a fun trip!

(Message edited by oldboarder on May 02, 2009)
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-02-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
what marina is is out of? we were going to go with friends this year and they sold their timeshare. So I'm bummed.
Old     (oldboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-02-2009, 11:31 PM Reply   
Wahweap.
Old     (oldboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-04-2009, 11:44 AM Reply   
Hey Trebbud, you tempted to talk about the trip? I noticed you're from Colorado so that might be the kicker. Give me a call anyway, I may be able to make it worth your while.
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-05-2009, 5:57 AM Reply   
It is tempting. I would really like to go on a trip this year. I don't know if that week would work or not yet. Havn't checked out what the drive would be to Wahweap, I have gone out of Bullfrog before and it is about 7-8 hours from here. But, if the price is right tempting for sure
Old     (oldboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-05-2009, 8:21 AM Reply   
My wife and I simply need a minimum of $3300 to cover the trip fee, gas and food for the week. That minimum can be covered by two families of four or a group of adults not to exceed 6. This is a huge discount! I have invested much more for the year, but it's better than paying so much and not using the week.
Old     (oldboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-05-2009, 8:24 AM Reply   
BTW, the week is set up so you can easily drive on Sat and get there in time to load, then when you get off the next sat, you still have all sunday to drive home so you only need to take one calendar week off work.
Old     (oldboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2003       05-05-2009, 7:32 PM Reply   
A family that I am friends with just locked on for the trip. That doesn't leave others out, but it does limit how many more can go. One more family with a boat can go (But now we're going no matter what!!!!:-)