Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (COV2)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-27-2017, 6:49 PM Reply   
So it looks like I am proceeding with the purchase of a supra 24ssv (05) that I posted in the boats section. Not sure if best to post here or there but he is the question(s). Based on my extensive reading of past posts on the matter, I need to add about 1000 on each side in the back over the stock ballast for surfing. Possibly some in the front but I am still unsure on that. Sounds like I can upgrade the stock pumps. I have absolutely no idea where to start. Went to the wakemakers website and the options were overwhelming. I just need someone to say buy this and install accordingly. I am not aware of any local resources.

Much appreciated.
Old     (SurfBoard)      Join Date: Mar 2015       09-27-2017, 7:17 PM Reply   
Start with the 1100#s bags in the back lockers - Fly High Pro. Your current pump system will be very slow on that much weight.
Make sure you have the right connections from the bag to the hose.
You should have a center bag that is big enough.
Then buy or make a suck-gate.
That is a good start.

My buddy with a 2006 does not run any weight in the front, besides a few people.

Also - more info on the Moomba and Supra sites on that boat.
Old     (COV2)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-27-2017, 9:23 PM Reply   
Is a suck gate the same as the mission delta? If so, I purchased on in anticipation of the boat when test driving.
Old     (Bagar55)      Join Date: Aug 2013 Location: Mineral, Va       09-28-2017, 4:05 AM Reply   
The pump and sprinkler valve ballast system on the old Supra's is not ideal. Very slow. The easiest solution at first is to just purchase a package from wakemakers with an external drop over the side type pump and 1100lb bags for the rear lockers. Don't use the stock system to fill the big bags in the rear. It will take half a day to fill them up. The stock center bag should already be plumbed into the ballast system and should be big enough. Turn the center fill on and by the time you fill the two rears the center will be full and you are surfing. It would also be a good idea to grab an extra 400lb or 650 bag to move around in boat to get best wave. If you want to spend a little bit more Wakemakers sells a complete kit to fully upgrade your ballast system. It requires drilling new holes in hull for additional thru hole fittings. New pumps, wiring and plumbing. Ultimately the way to go. Good winter project.
Suck gate would be the next step. Suck gates are any of the devices that suction cup to side of boat. If you have the mission already you are good.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       09-28-2017, 6:13 AM Reply   
Here's a Shot of the wave we are making in a 2006 22 SSV (sorry for the poor quality its a screen grab from a go pro video). We have 1100lbs in each rear locker, fill the center bag, add a 450lb sac to the floor centered, put just 250 in the bow and of course a NautiCurl on the on the side.. The boat doesnt seem to want any real significant amount of bow weight, if we put people in the bow we take out the sac. The wave is a beast. I would certainly echo the call for the weak stock pump on the boat it laughable how slow it is. We've been working with Fat Sac and they are setting us up with a new pump and fittings to plumb everything over the winter. The guys at Shortbus Wakesurfers are making a monster wave behind their 24 SSV. I would hit them up too for some tips on weighing that thing down, their wave is ridiculous.
Attached Images

Old     (COV2)      Join Date: Sep 2017       09-28-2017, 4:18 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. That is exactly the information I needed.
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       09-29-2017, 2:51 PM Reply   
X2 on Nauticurl suck gate, not only is it very reasonably priced (one of the cheapest out there), it floats and is made from aircraft aluminum and suction cups work great. Its what I have on my SV244. Wave is so big with 4700lbs I have to dump ballast sometimes or it will crash over sundeck when I go to neutral to turn around for fallen rider, and that is just with 2-3 people including rider. Also makes a really clean wave and it forms quickly.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       10-06-2017, 7:39 AM Reply   
https://forum.supraboats.com/showthr...pgrade-project

Here is something to read about upgrading the pumps. I kinda followed it.

I left all my empty pumps alone because they work fine.

For fill there is one large pump the goes it to a manifold with gates that open to fill all three bags. It's is really slow.

I left that pump and one gate in my system to fill the center 1150 only. I just removed the other gates.

Then for the rear I put a 3/4" through hull fitting on the port side of the boat by the muffler. I tied two fill pumps into this using a tee fitting. If I was to do it again I would probably just put two holes in the boat, one for each pump and use the 1200 pumps in stead of the 800's I bought. But I was strapped for cash at the time. I wired the pump directly into the wires that where used to work each gate for the rear bags. The only thing you need to change for the switches is to change the fuse to the next size up so it want blow.

I've had it this way for 6 years with no problems and the only thing I don't like is the rear bags can't be filled while under way. The center bag still uses the stock scooper fitting with a gate. So it can be filled while under way. But since you get rid of the gates for the back bags you have to use a mushroom style fitting so it won't fill while under way when you don't want it do.

PM and I'll give you my Cell and I can probably explain it better that typing it.
Old     (COV2)      Join Date: Sep 2017       10-13-2017, 5:09 PM Reply   
Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately, I had a PPI done and it did not check out. Much bigger project than originally represented. Now on the search again.......
Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       10-14-2017, 8:15 AM Reply   
Good you did that! The upside is this is best time of year to buy