Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old     (tnshredder)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-26-2013, 3:48 PM Reply   
I have been trying the front roll for a couple of weeks now and land them every once in a while i have been doing scarecrows also and lading those, my front roll i always tend to go a little revert and slip out, i also found that when i dont go far out i rotate more and land more often but not consistent any advice will help thanks.
heres a link to one f my attempts but not landing
Old     (tnshredder)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-26-2013, 3:52 PM Reply   
sorry i meant scarecrow!! everytime i land i land really back seat and skid out is there any advice that can help me land more on my oard... Thanks
Old     (amsugg)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-27-2013, 12:40 PM Reply   
You need to try to flip first and do the 180 last a lot of time if you rush the 180 the flip kind of goes out the back a little and that's what makes you land on your back side. Also your chest needs to point up coming off the wake this will take the trick more up then across and give you more time to complete the trick. I get my advise from learnwake.com best 10 bucks I ever spent
Old     (V8_Killer)      Join Date: Feb 2013       07-30-2013, 9:05 PM Reply   
Agreed with Andrew. You've got your 180 done practically while your board is still leaving the wake. Then you're trying to carry basically a heelside frontroll at that point all the way around. If you pause the video halfway through you'll see you have literally no line tension at all, which is great if you're going Crow Mobe, but you're falling back on your heels because you have nothing to grab you. You want to flip first, the spin happens basically starting around the apex / on your way down.

Again agreeing with Andrew, Learnwake.com is well worth $10/mo. They will offer you individual help and real video analysis if you are a member and submit your video.

Good luck!

Dusty
Old     (callanstarr)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-12-2013, 6:47 AM Reply   
In your video your handle positioning is pretty out of whack... At stages its level with your head, try to keep it down and close too your hips and you will have better control and technique in the trick