Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Phoenix_Winch)      Join Date: Jan 2011       09-23-2012, 2:53 PM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQho3cedXdE

after this we decided to switch lakes, the weekend was incredible, winching all night and had good selection of rails and kickers
Old     (ryanw209)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-23-2012, 7:29 PM Reply   
Hahaha classic
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-23-2012, 7:34 PM Reply   
What fags, how can you ban winching?

Plus it was a parent that dropped the dime saying that there will be underage consumption? What a retard
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-23-2012, 8:02 PM Reply   
Probably some young shredders parent who found out it wasn't a camping trip Jr was going on but an all night brewhaha.
Old     (bschall)      Join Date: Jun 2007       09-23-2012, 10:04 PM Reply   
a young shredder that was going to the ASU wakedevils ride day... if they were worried about underage drinking they should have sent the kid to BYU not Arizona State
Old     (Raf1985)      Join Date: Mar 2012       09-23-2012, 10:47 PM Reply   
I've heard stories from BYU.......... They just hide it better.
Old     (DealsGapCobra)      Join Date: May 2010       09-24-2012, 6:44 AM Reply   
Not sure what information they were acting on or what the actual plan was but I think I would be grateful for the call. While the laws may seem like BS they could have just shown up and made your day pretty lousy. I would think that they are pretty much required to act on a tip like that so, in my view, they did the best they could for you and seem very reasonable. I think I would give them a call and ask about the winching, get their perspective and maybe start a campaign to change the law.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       09-24-2012, 7:12 AM Reply   
Without knowing specific laws, there are probably laws against gathering size, hosting an 'event' without a permit, wakeboarding at night, serving alcohol without permits, having this event on state/federal land etc...

I'm not a proponent of it but I can see where they may see violations
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-26-2012, 11:28 AM Reply   
Isn't it awesome that the PUBLIC land you pay for cannot be used by the PUBLIC? Pretty cool. Glad the government watches out for us.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-26-2012, 12:56 PM Reply   
Guess somebody wasn't feeling the party.

None said they couldn't use public land LEGALLY. My opinion if your serving minors you should get caught. Kids are going to drink and get into enough trouble on there own, they don't need Johnny's dad getting them a keg and partying with them.