Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-29-2011, 2:13 PM Reply   
Well I took out my new to me 2001 x30 and when I stopped after a short run I noticed a drip coming off the bottom of the impellar housing. It wasnt a stream of water, but a steady drip. I felt all around the front of the housing and didnt feel any water, but when I put my hand on the bottom it was soaked and every once in a while I would see a drip come out of the back of the housing where you can see the impeller shaft spinning. Anyway we decided to shut down for the day as I did not know if this leak could cause bigger issues. My MDC is bad so the guages dont work the best and I can tell how hot I was running. We got in no problems and did some research and found it could be a possible rear seal leak on the impellar housing. How hard is this to fix? or should I just look at replacing the entire housing as that almost seems to be the easiest thing. Just wanted some input. I do have the middle motor, the 330HP indmar. Thanks for the help!
Old     (EngneNut)      Join Date: Nov 2010       05-29-2011, 8:23 PM Reply   
You can rebuild the pump and install a new seal. I have provided a link to some rebuild instructions. The seal P/N is 685004 and the bearing P/N is 685018

ftp://ftp2.indmar.us/Service%20Advis...%20REBUILD.pdf

If you decide to get a new pump, the one for that engine is unique. The Indmar P.N is 685020. You can get any of those parts from inboardonline.com
Old     (skongolf)      Join Date: Aug 2009       05-30-2011, 4:14 PM Reply   
Awesome info.! Unfortunately it looks like I will need to just buy a new pump. I don't have the presses you need. If I pay someone it will probly be more than a new pump. I think I found one for $165 but have to call tomorrow to be sure.
Would it hurt to keep running the boat since it is a small leak right now? Thanks again.