Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-23-2010, 8:55 AM Reply   
Logo looks nice..

Can you get one more site up before the baby comes?

wakesurfbaldeagle.com

Thanks!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-23-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
Thanks Chad! I have been talking with Tietz a little bit. I wanna give him a hell of a deal if he'll take it. I have two more interested coming to see it next week. I could be wrong, buts a hell of a price for a still-fantastic boat. Especially in the hands of someone who would weight it well and maintain it well.

It is a bummer that I am leaving, but dont make it seem like it is forever! Next time when you try a double roll, fall, get almost knocked out, I will not only be able to rescue you from the water again (ha!) but help you get better if you get injured! Yay!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-23-2010, 2:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
Logo looks nice..

Can you get one more site up before the baby comes?

wakesurfbaldeagle.com

Thanks!

I think we just broke up.
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-23-2010, 3:10 PM Reply   
Eh, We make things go faster...
Attached Images

Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-23-2010, 3:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_nintzel View Post
I think we just broke up.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-23-2010, 5:01 PM Reply   
So i'm hoping that some MN boarders can spread the word on these and help get them gone for me. I'm hopefully buying a boat from a fellow wakeworlder very soon. But either way i'd still like to see these gone. I'm getting rid of them for a good cause

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/da...658237170.html
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-23-2010, 5:37 PM Reply   
I say that you only sell them to someone from out of state...a few less GNATS on the local lakes would be lovely
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-23-2010, 5:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironj32 View Post
I say that you only sell them to someone from out of state...a few less GNATS on the local lakes would be lovely
with that being said... FREE delivery to any bordering state.. ha ha.

For the record... i was a courteous PWC users... was never even out on them at a time of day where there was wakeboats around... unless they were sitting in a cove simply enjoying the sun... and a cocktail
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-23-2010, 6:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycejb328 View Post
with that being said... FREE delivery to any bordering state.. ha ha.

For the record... i was a courteous PWC users... was never even out on them at a time of day where there was wakeboats around... unless they were sitting in a cove simply enjoying the sun... and a cocktail
I'd "think" that anyone who is a member of this site would most likely be just fine on them.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-24-2010, 8:09 AM Reply   
Any body get out yet? I was driving through Iowa and saw open water! Non in MN yet. These damn rivers are still to sketchy!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-24-2010, 8:13 AM Reply   
Minnesota and Mississippi Rivers aren't supposed to crest until Friday or so...LAME!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-24-2010, 8:33 AM Reply   
I'm driving over the MN river in Eagan every day to and from work. That **** is HIGH. Not a chance I'd touch that.

We're supposed to be warm and sunny today but cool down to high 40's tomorrow - the upside to the cool down is that we are supposed to get a LOT of wind the next few days. That should escalate the ice out process nicely.

I'm going to Rapid City on Sunday for work for 6 days. I'm thinking about bringing my board with and trying to find a pull.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-24-2010, 9:50 AM Reply   
Email me if anyone is interested in a Large Oneill Boost dry suit.

$200

Pretty much brand new. A year and a half old I believe!

Yes, I'm selling so much stuff! :'(
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-24-2010, 10:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicychalupa69 View Post

$200

Damn - too late on the dry suit - just bought mine late last week
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-24-2010, 10:23 AM Reply   
Well you can return it if it has the tags on it Jeff!! I am sure it is still not used...right?!
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-24-2010, 4:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Well you can return it if it has the tags on it Jeff!! I am sure it is still not used...right?!
Ha - true - but with the cost to send it back, plus the cost for shipping it here which would not be refunded would just cancel out the savings.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-24-2010, 5:12 PM Reply   
Jordan lets see the lake now.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-24-2010, 5:48 PM Reply   
Guys - the Malibu just found a new owner this evening. It is sad to see her go (although the boat is still in my drive way, I took a deposit), but a relief knowing someone will get great use out of it.

Your very own Bryce V. made a deposit this evening. Hope you see him out on the lake asap! I am officially a boat whore!!!!!
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-24-2010, 6:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Guys - the Malibu just found a new owner this evening. It is sad to see her go (although the boat is still in my drive way, I took a deposit), but a relief knowing someone will get great use out of it.

Your very own Bryce V. made a deposit this evening. Hope you see him out on the lake asap! I am officially a boat whore!!!!!
your not a boat whore... your welcome to come "hook up" with your old boat anytime!!
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-25-2010, 6:11 AM Reply   
Eder, welcome to the club
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-25-2010, 7:24 AM Reply   
even the smaller ponds are not unfrozen yet - I'm thinking its going to be early/mid next week before lakes are opening up. Boat whores are welcome on my boat anytime. I'll be snagging it from storage on Easter weekend.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-25-2010, 7:31 AM Reply   
Congrats on the new rig Bryce! Let me know if you want the phone number for the old man.

Probably put docks in first weekend in May.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-25-2010, 8:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_mn View Post
Congrats on the new rig Bryce! Let me know if you want the phone number for the old man.

Probably put docks in first weekend in May.
I'll for sure get in touch with you either way sometime soon jeff.

Oh and by my house in apple valley we have a pond/lake that has been completely open for over a week. No public launch, but in the summer I see some small boats out there. So hopefully the larger bodies of water will open up soon. High of 67 this coming Tuesday!!
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-25-2010, 2:41 PM Reply   
Bryce,

Congrats man! I've spent a lot of time in that boat and know Eder takes great care of it. You got a smoking deal.

I just got approved by my bank for a loan on Eder's truck.
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-25-2010, 5:54 PM Reply   
I"ll get a couple up soon, but with the re-freeze, I'll get a good one tomorrow or saturday.
Old     (shredderchef)      Join Date: Feb 2010       03-25-2010, 6:03 PM Reply   
Yeah dude that boat is siiiick!! Throws a mean wake too! Had a lot of good sessions last summer behind that boat. Im going to miss eder .. Your going to have a blast with that boat bro!!
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-25-2010, 6:32 PM Reply   
Eder HAS to feel great, right now... We're trying to make him feel like "Oh, Yeah come on out and ride this amazing boat that I just took from you" and " Yay, my bank just said it was okay that I could take his truck too". I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but Eder, life is sucking for you right now...
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-25-2010, 7:55 PM Reply   
Jordan - Haha...im on cloud nine over here brother! I just got rid of a debt I had (the boat), I am going to own a brand new more efficient car (It's about time), and I'm moving to Arizona to pursue the career of my dreams!

I know when I get out of school I'll get a bitchin boat n truck n house...

I have made plenty of friends with boats and trucks so I know where to go if I need a pull (you know who you are!). So if you (or anyone else) needs any wakeboard stuff hit me up...plenty more is left to go around!!!!!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-25-2010, 8:59 PM Reply   
Not to mention I still have my kites to kiteboard and snowkite as well. ;-). Lemme know if there's ever room in your boat homie!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-26-2010, 7:21 AM Reply   
So today is day 63...anyone find an open lake??? I wish the rivers weren't so bloody high!
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-26-2010, 7:47 PM Reply   
Hahaha, more efficient car? Like a prius? Ahahahahha, I guess Arizona can change a guy...
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-27-2010, 6:04 AM Reply   
Jay I saw a few open ponds around winch session anyone? With a bunch of days above 60 next week and peeking in at 70 I bet we are not to far out.
Old     (tburt_mn)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-27-2010, 7:29 AM Reply   
According to the DNR website, Lake Pepin in southeast mn (wabasha cnty) opened up on the 24th. There are a few others in that area which show partial coverage.
Old     (etakk7)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-27-2010, 10:34 AM Reply   
http://climate.umn.edu/doc/ice_out/i..._status_10.htm
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-27-2010, 2:08 PM Reply   
Bryce,

Eder was telling me that you plan on buffing out the gelcoat on the bu to look almost new again. The sun did a number on my boat last year, I was wondering how much you would charge to make my boat shine. Congrats again, I heard you have it at your house now. You must be pumped!
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-27-2010, 2:20 PM Reply   
Quote:

$200

Eder- You still have your drysuit?
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-27-2010, 6:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwarhol1105 View Post
Bryce,

Eder was telling me that you plan on buffing out the gelcoat on the bu to look almost new again. The sun did a number on my boat last year, I was wondering how much you would charge to make my boat shine. Congrats again, I heard you have it at your house now. You must be pumped!
Ya i plan on having the gel coat looking like new, i "tested" a couple products today to see how agressive of a abrasive compound i am gonna use, i've got some experience with autobody refinishing, not a pro by all means, just a hobby. I've got 2 orbital buffers (10" and 7"), using the machine isnt too "dangerous" unless you get into the heavy cut abrasives... not sure how bad your boat is... but i tried several products on a friends boat once and wasnt able to bring back the luster, just depends on how deep the sun has damaged the paint and how much "build" is left to work with to bring the shine back to the surface. I could definantly help ya out sometime or atleast see what type of compound we'll need or if we can get a result good enough to justify doin the whole boat.
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-27-2010, 9:16 PM Reply   
Jordan - I guess Az can change a guy...but no, I didnt get a Honda Prius. I just got a 2010 Mazda 3. Pretty sick if you ask me and with some tints and 33 miles a gallon, she should be bitchin!

Bryce, glad you could take her home today man. I hope you get a lot of use out of the boat man!!!! I'll get in touch with you next week in terms of title's n junk.

Seth - I sure do!

Nick - Enjoy my truck buddy. Take good care of her. I'm gonna miss the roar!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-29-2010, 7:00 AM Reply   
I just got a call that Owaseo is open any body confirm this. I also notice that Island lake in Shoreview is open. I know they are anti wakeboats out there, but I also heard that the sign the installed disappeared.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-29-2010, 8:27 AM Reply   
let's get a surf session owaseo this week..

I'm out in Rapid City, SD and there is still snow on the ground but all the water is open.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-29-2010, 8:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by brycejb328 View Post
Ya i plan on having the gel coat looking like new, i "tested" a couple products today to see how agressive of a abrasive compound i am gonna use, i've got some experience with autobody refinishing, not a pro by all means, just a hobby. I've got 2 orbital buffers (10" and 7"), using the machine isnt too "dangerous" unless you get into the heavy cut abrasives... not sure how bad your boat is... but i tried several products on a friends boat once and wasnt able to bring back the luster, just depends on how deep the sun has damaged the paint and how much "build" is left to work with to bring the shine back to the surface. I could definantly help ya out sometime or atleast see what type of compound we'll need or if we can get a result good enough to justify doin the whole boat.
I've been using TurboCut, with my DeWalt circular polisher the past few years...works wonders!
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-29-2010, 10:15 AM Reply   
Haha, I'm out at the kalahari, but my dad has been working on the lakeIMG_0049.JPG...
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-29-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
Forget that^^^ I'm on my iPod, and it didn't post right. Pics of the lake are soon to come
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-29-2010, 5:24 PM Reply   
jay... you get much swirl marks with the circular?? i just never went that route cause i was afraid of burning the paint and/or getting swirl marks.
Old     (garveyj)      Join Date: Sep 2009       03-29-2010, 6:23 PM Reply   
Miller Lake behind our house is almost open - it is a pretty small lake and no large boats allowed - but it is progress. That and the Overtons catalog was delivered today!
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-29-2010, 6:34 PM Reply   
Bryce, No I don't. It's like magic. My polisher has an rpm limit setter. I put it at 2000-2200 as the limit, and I just hold the trigger and go. If you want to go slower, you just turn the dial down. Pretty much fool proof. Don't even waste your time with an orbital polisher...not nearly enough elbow grease.
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       03-29-2010, 6:55 PM Reply   
damn... i'd always used the orbital just cause i thought it was a lot safer option, i'll have to give the circular a try... probably get a better result!!
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-29-2010, 7:57 PM Reply   
We've used a circular for as long as I can remember... No problems. I used to work it.
Old     (mikeyjr)      Join Date: Jun 2008       03-29-2010, 8:35 PM Reply   
Bryce, I do auto body for a living and say go with a circular. Having the right polish/compound and buffing pad combo are key to keep from getting swirls. I would shy away from a wool pad if you are a beginner and go with foam (3M 05723) or wizards makes one also.With a foam pad you would have to fall asleep with the buffer to get swirls. I would get the Wizards turbo cut like jay said above. The 3M extra cut does work a little better but you will give blood for it.Also, I suggest taping poly over the interior making life much easier when it comes to cleaning up,then you can just let it rip and don't have to worry about anything. Mask off any rubber or textured plastic too,because its a real pain when you burn compound into them. Hope this helps man
Old     (e_rock32)      Join Date: Oct 2009       03-29-2010, 9:30 PM Reply   
Levee Park in Winona is super flooded right now and would have some prime winching, looks like the river is slowly going down so there aren't too many days left, but with a little grind wax on the concrete, there are some perfect sliders. This much flooding rarely happens, let me know if anyone wants to come winch it. I know another few safer spots if the cops come, so it wouldn't be a wasted trip.
Attached Images

Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-30-2010, 6:13 AM Reply   
Minnetonka will be open this week, so Owaso and others must be open by now. For sure, Island is open. That's always the first pond to open up.
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-30-2010, 7:05 AM Reply   
Lake zumbro is ice free.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-30-2010, 7:40 AM Reply   
DHtige - Are you going to be riding on Sat? I will be back in town for the Holiday, and wouldn't mind getting a pull if you're going out.
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-30-2010, 10:29 AM Reply   
I think that eagle will be iced-out by 5th or 6th... My dad went through while I was gone, and with great timing, someone got a picture of him knee deep
Attached Images

Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-30-2010, 3:48 PM Reply   
Im going tomorrow If anybody wants in.
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       03-30-2010, 8:46 PM Reply   
I lied... 5th or 6th was a horrible estimation... Eagle is clear, add it to the list.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-31-2010, 8:42 AM Reply   
Does anyone here in the metro have a wakeboard flight bag I could borrow from April 13th - April 21st?
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       03-31-2010, 9:31 AM Reply   
Yup

P.S - Im not gonna lie, I've been busy as all f-ing crap so I have not been able to get those plates out. I'll do em this week unless you wanna pick em up and bag. Lates J
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-31-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
Jay- I have a wakeside bag. Live in Lakeville, work in Golden Valley. If you want it, a couple of suggestions: line your board edges with a wrapped towel, dismount and lay bindings on their side on top of the board. These steps will reduce opportunities for damage to your board and the bag.
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       03-31-2010, 9:41 AM Reply   
Jay wish you woulda asked a day earlier I coulda dropped mine off, I have a padded LF one, no wheels, lmk.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       03-31-2010, 9:58 AM Reply   
Jay we talked about this! hahahahahaha
Old     (dh03r6)      Join Date: Mar 2007       03-31-2010, 3:33 PM Reply   
just got back from the lake water was not bad at all.
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       03-31-2010, 5:59 PM Reply   
Holy crap I'm already sore! Took about a 35 minute set, and my body is shot a few hours later. It feels good to be shreddin' again!
Old     (JTLBP1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-31-2010, 7:21 PM Reply   
lucky boys riding already! lake bvar is about 50% tonight maybe tomorrow or this weekend for sure!
Old     (rourker)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-31-2010, 7:25 PM Reply   
Quote:
Jordan - I guess Az can change a guy...but no, I didnt get a Honda Prius. I just got a 2010 Mazda 3. Pretty sick if you ask me and with some tints and 33 miles a gallon, she should be bitchin!

Bryce, glad you could take her home today man. I hope you get a lot of use out of the boat man!!!! I'll get in touch with you next week in terms of title's n junk.

Seth - I sure do!

Nick - Enjoy my truck buddy. Take good care of her. I'm gonna miss the roar!
Eder- I sent you a PM on the drysuit. Let's get a deal done.
Old     (nwarhol1105)      Join Date: Oct 2008       03-31-2010, 8:31 PM Reply   
Mark bought the drysuit yesterday.
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-01-2010, 7:00 AM Reply   
Man, I don't know which thread to post on, now that Andy started that other one. Anyway, here's what I said over there:

BIG NEWS!! BIG NEWS!!

> Rebecca, Jay's main squeeze, is officially the first wakeboarder to be pulled this season. Fish lake was the spot yesterday.

> Charlie's new VTX is SWEEEEET! Enjoy it, man!

> Rob Mueller has taken the reigns and will be pulling together 2 INT events at Trophy Lakes in New Germany this season. Wakeboarding and slalom.

Jay, I've got a quality padded flight bag you can use. Just let me know when you wanna stop over and pick it up.
Old     (jessemitchell)      Join Date: Feb 2009       04-01-2010, 11:26 AM Reply   
Bavarias Open all the way, probaly goin out tonight pending how late Tietz works
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-01-2010, 12:09 PM Reply   
Couple of guys from Midwest MC are going out on Fish tonight. I really cant wait to get out there., C'Mon 5 O'clock!
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       04-02-2010, 6:17 AM Reply   
Anyone know if there is some lakes open in the south metro??
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-02-2010, 7:22 AM Reply   
Water temp on Fish last night was 50 we are already past the 100 degree rule!!

John thanks for you help on the launch, hopefully the dock is in soon. I moved around some wires on my gauges and they are all working now, I must be magic!
Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       04-02-2010, 8:21 AM Reply   
Jason, you must have the magic touch. Usually when I start messing with wires it only gets worse...

Now you just need to get your stuff in the boat so you can ride the new wake. If you ever need a driver/rider out in the Maple Grove area let me know -
john@waterskis.com
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-02-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
Jason - where are the pics of the Star on the water? I e mailed you back. thanks for that warm welcome home..
Old     (ironj32)      Join Date: Jan 2007       04-02-2010, 9:00 AM Reply   
Anyone else as sore as me, or am I just getting old??? Two days of riding aleady, and I can barely walk!
Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-05-2010, 9:58 AM Reply   
I am definitely as sore as you jay. I just spent three days in Tahoe. 50 mph winds, near constant sleet, and 20 degrees the whole times. Anywho, the boat is going in tonight!!!!! super pumped!!!!!
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-05-2010, 10:28 AM Reply   
I got my boat home from storage on Saturday but I've got 2-3 weeks worth of projects before I'll sink it.. Hoping to get out with my boys on Tuesday up in Maple Grove.
Old     (snowslider76)      Join Date: Mar 2002       04-05-2010, 2:49 PM Reply   
Yep I'm sore my age is def showing!!
Old     (spicychalupa69)      Join Date: May 2005       04-05-2010, 4:48 PM Reply   
Jordan - this one is for you. Here is my Honda Prius, ha! 2010 Mazda 3i Touring, super stoked!

Well I am boatless and Truckless but I am still a happy kid! Still hoping to get some pulls in good 'ol Minnesota before I depart!

Lates...
Attached Images

Old     (hockeysk8er222)      Join Date: Jul 2009       04-05-2010, 5:25 PM Reply   
^^^ very sick car. Not to be car nerd but it is a Toyota prius, or a Honda civic...
Old     (dahmsy686)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-05-2010, 5:33 PM Reply   
Nice car eder

I have a 2008 mazda3 hatch. Where did you get the tint done and what percent it is?

You will be happy with the mileage.