Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 06, 2009

Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-04-2009, 12:26 PM Reply   
Hey ya'll, it was posted on Alliance, but here's the link to a recent event RedBull put on over in Germany. Pretty cool contest.

https://www.redbullcontentpool.com/stock/showVideoOffer.action?offerID=1241341080301-20537043
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       05-04-2009, 2:28 PM Reply   
That was pretty cool. I’m just a dumb @ss Stereo guy so take my comments for what they are worth.

Rail Jams are LAME IMO they are never going to pull anyone outside the sport because of the way they flow. All that set up to watch one rider do something not so spectactular for 20 seconds?? "No Thanks" What made this event different and better is the way the riders could go back and forth. The 1/4 pipe at the end and the ability for the riders to go back the opposite direction threw the contest was cool. It looked like riders were not used to hitting ¼ pipes I bet events like this and different ramp’s like ½ pipes will start making riders ride ¼ pipe or ½ pipe. It was cool to see the BIG ticks over the gap. IMO if they could put together an event that had riders going BIG like that trick after trick and each rider gos back and forth like 4 or 5 times now that would be something to venture out and watch. Imagine a run where ever hit was like watching a double up hit back to back to back. That's what I would call a THROW DOWN.

That being said putting something like this together and having a location with 4 or 5 pools in a row like that pretty amazing Hats off to them
Old     (captain_vilfo)      Join Date: Apr 2007       05-04-2009, 2:37 PM Reply   
hands down that QP was one of the coolest wakeboard obstacles I have ever seen, top 5 for sure! That new 2.0 cable system has made wakeboarding so much more, I mean seriously who would've ever have thought we would be hitting quarterpipes and weird stairset gaps on a wakeboard. Now only if all of this stuff in the competition was more affordable then our sport would really catch on to the public.
Old     (tcaz)      Join Date: Aug 2008       05-04-2009, 4:56 PM Reply   
Why didn't this get any attention? That's the first I've seen/heard about this event. Maybe I just missed any talk about it...?
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-05-2009, 5:30 AM Reply   
http://wakeworld.com/getarticle.asp?articleid=2199
Old     (lfxstar)      Join Date: Jul 2001       05-05-2009, 6:18 AM Reply   
Henry, the projects had a quarter pipe at one point too, but it had many victims one of which was the Vandall breaking his arm, but I agree, absolutely AWESOME!! It definitely doesn't look easy though. That setup was a strait up street skate park, pretty amazing.
Old     (behindtheboat)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-06-2009, 8:09 AM Reply   
I would love to know how a wakeboarder could ride a half pipe.

Here's the link, I couldn't get the old one to work.

https://www.redbullcontentpool.com/stock/showVideoOffer.action?offerID=1241531880184-1416779522