Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old    RWmedia            01-24-2015, 10:26 AM Reply   
Hi guys, just wondering if anyone has any experience with the sport nautique and the wake.
Is it comparable to anything, for instance, the x2?
Old     (230Nick)      Join Date: Mar 2014       02-25-2015, 6:07 PM Reply   
I suggest going over to planetnautique.com an asking, sadly I don't have any experience with the sport, I have tho with the 230.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-26-2015, 9:36 AM Reply   
The Sport Nautique is little more skier friendly than the X2. It handles better, tracks straighter, and the ski wake is flatter. The X2 has a bit more space because of the pickle fork. It doesn't feel like a smaller 20ft boat at all.The Sport Nautique definitely feels like a smaller boat. The X2 for space and storage is the best in its category with maybe a Tige RZR/R20 and an Axis A20 nipping at its heels. The wakeboard wakes are pretty equal and the surf wake of the 200 that has NSS is better and easier to set up. The sport 200 without NSS is nothing to write home about. I think I would give the surf equal in that case. The X2 has little more push but the pocket is a bit shorter. The Sport has a longer pocket but the transition is really smooth so you have to work a bit harder to maintain speed If you add in the NSS it really pushes a non GEN 2(mc surf tab) X] way behind in performance. Have not been behind an X2 with the Gen 2 tabs though to compare that to the 200 w/ NSS. Maybe someone else can chime in. The X2 has more storage and just a bit more space in its favor, the Sport 200 has the fact it doesn't need nearly the amount of ballast the X2 needs to get a compareable wake and the fact it handles better.

They are pretty dang equal in performance. Kind of boils down to what your preferences are on wake. The wakebaord wakes are just different. The Sport 200 has a little bit longer of a transition and landing zone........much more of a predictable feel, The X2 wake has little less transition, but a little more of a lip that lets you know you hit it. Landing zone is little shorter on X2 as well. The X2 just snaps you a bit more, which some will find weird because the Nautique usually had a steeper , wake. However in this case the x2 has a bit more of a lip. The wake on the X2 is also wider. You're going to end up riding 5-10ft shorter on the X2 and a mph or two slower than the Sport 200. Also changes how it feels behind the boat.

In this case you can't say either boat wakeboards better. If your have a NSS equipped Sport 200 and A Non Gen 2 X2 you can definitely say it surfs better. If you have a non NSS Sport and Non Gen 2 X2 it's pretty much a tie in surf category. Again can't comment on a Gen 2 equipped X2 vs an NSS equipped Sport 200. It's just all about what you prefer and like on the wakeboatd side If you don't have any preference or are just getting into wakeboarding take your pick based on "the deal" and amenities you like and ride on. You'll end up liking either one. However if you've been riding for a bit and been behind a few different boats and prefer one wake to another the only way to buy is to get behind both and take your pick.

Last edited by xstarrider; 02-26-2015 at 9:44 AM.
Old     (Shockthis)      Join Date: May 2014       02-26-2015, 8:10 PM Reply   
Not sure how you became a expert on this, but you need to check your facts. The nautique 200 does not have NSS. So I wonder how you know how the wake is? You may have it confused with the 210 which is a total different story.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       02-27-2015, 1:15 PM Reply   
There is a guy on Lake Clinton who has a 2014 Sport 200 blue and white that had what I thought was NSS. Rode his boat a few times ( Brett). ... He did say he had it installed after market. I'll try and get some pics and the story from him. The plate was bare metal looking like the early versions. His boat was the only boat out of 4 200's I have been on that had it. He was only one with a 14 I have ever been on so I just assumed the retro'd it. After seeing your post I did follow up it's still not available so I am wondering how this guy has it? His is def a 200.......Maybe a mod job?

Last edited by xstarrider; 02-27-2015 at 1:24 PM.