Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-16-2014, 8:39 AM Reply   
Am I reading this right? 30+ feet up in such a huge body of water in a few days seems crazy.
Attached Images

Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       12-16-2014, 9:43 AM Reply   
Buddy of mine lives in Lakehead. They have had a Good amount of rain as of late!

In addition to that take a look at the Inflow/Outflow numbers on the reservoir.

Earlier in the month it was averaging 3000 out and 3000 in, so the net flow in and out of the reservoir was the same. Im guessing power requirements and water requirements downstream were approximately balance wrt lake level.

In the last couple days it was around 1000 out and 10000-60000 in..... So that shows that the flow INTO the reservoir is HUUUUUGE. So yes, it has rained ...but wow water is coming in from underlying areas as well....why..not too sure...but this make our houseboating trip in may look more plausible!
Old     (LouZahr)      Join Date: Aug 2011       12-16-2014, 12:38 PM Reply   
If I am reading the info correctly, there was ~19+ inches of rain! Holly Shat. That would increase any inland body of water.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       12-16-2014, 1:12 PM Reply   
That is great!
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-16-2014, 10:50 PM Reply   
This is precisely why we need more reservoirs in Cali. Why let any of it go to waste? We could also use the flood protection just as well.
Old     (kenv)      Join Date: May 2002       12-16-2014, 11:24 PM Reply   
G.....there have been several times our home lake in Texas has been 45 to 50 feet low over the years and I've personally seen it come up 40 feet in about 5 hours. We are STILL in a drought here in Central Texas.....lake is 125 deep by the dam.....but it is down about 90 feet low right now. We are prayin for some Cali rain.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       12-17-2014, 12:26 AM Reply   
Speaking of, is it summer yet?!
I sure hope the next 4 months are like December. I really want to be able to take advantage of folsom lake considering the launch is about 3mi from my house
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-17-2014, 10:11 AM Reply   
Im stoked that lakes are filling up. Just one less thing to worry about. Im a glass half full person. and even though our lake was full all year all people could seem to talk about was the empty lakes that they were NOT AT! I mean I understand If your home lake is empty or low, That would suck. Or if you planed a trip and couldnt go because of lake levels but why "worry about the price of rice in china" I mean its the middle of summer No rain in sight and you cant do anything about it why not just enjoy what ya have,

I hope it keeps going and I got a feeling it will fingers crossed and that's for your Tx folks as well
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       12-18-2014, 11:51 AM Reply   
Folsom should be hitting the 400' mark soon which releases the speed restrictions...but still 65 feet from the top. Keep in mind Folsom is empty every year...has nothing to do with droughts and everything to do with the opposite.

Shasta is 150 feet down? That's nuts but glad to hear it is on the rise!!!
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       12-18-2014, 11:59 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimewarranty View Post
Folsom should be hitting the 400' mark soon which releases the speed restrictions...but still 65 feet from the top. Keep in mind Folsom is empty every year...has nothing to do with droughts and everything to do with the opposite.

Shasta is 150 feet down? That's nuts but glad to hear it is on the rise!!!
The rattlesnake bar launch is just down the road from my house. Did not even open last year which sucks.
Folsom is by no means my favorite lake, or a lake I'll head to with a full day to burn.
But those half days, or after work, it's perfect to hit rattlesnake.
Old     (WakeDirt)      Join Date: Jun 2011       12-18-2014, 8:45 PM Reply   
30' down...about 120' to go! My local lake filled 26% in 7 days! Very stoked
Old     (BaadLS1)      Join Date: Dec 2013       12-18-2014, 9:05 PM Reply   
My local lake has been closed for 7 years and won't even open in 2015! It is at 98% of the original capacity, but since the 117 ft damn raise, is at 40% and hasn't reached the launch ramp minimum level.