Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (the_right_kind)      Join Date: Oct 2005       06-27-2016, 6:15 PM Reply   
I'm not sure this guy knew where he was going.

https://youtu.be/s5L6xzIsESw
Old     (airshark360)      Join Date: Jul 2013       06-27-2016, 6:34 PM Reply   
No, not at all, I actually like jet skis, just hate everybody that rides them.
Old     (feral)      Join Date: Oct 2011       06-28-2016, 5:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by airshark360 View Post
Gold. I have 2 jetskis and have never been yelled at by ski boat or wake boat..... Funny that
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       06-28-2016, 6:00 AM Reply   
I love jet skis. I was getting pulls yesterday by 1.
Old     (WakeNasty)      Join Date: Jun 2013       06-28-2016, 10:29 AM Reply   
I wish they would put them all in a pile and burn them... Nobody would miss them. Jet skis are a total nuisances and nobody who rides them know knows of follows the rules.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       06-28-2016, 10:53 AM Reply   
I like jet ski's, but do often hate the drivers... but I also get sick of bad boat drivers too.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       06-28-2016, 11:01 AM Reply   
If you cant stand stupid Jet Skiers or boat drivers stay away from the Ca Delta the place is full of them . Jet skiers driving erratically taking up the whole channel and then the dumb dads towing kids around in circles in the most popular aquatic highways like between Disco and the beach .
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       06-28-2016, 12:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am the same way until I get on one.... then it seems like my brain shuts off and I just start giggling and going ape ****.
Old     (ChaseR720)      Join Date: Jul 2015       06-28-2016, 5:00 PM Reply   
I couldn't stand owning/driving one because I know how much they piss off everyone around them. I have used one for wakeskating and that was nice cause pickup after you fell were so quick.
Old     (1NewSupraOwner16)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-19-2016, 8:17 PM Reply   
They're not all bad 😎
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-20-2016, 10:48 AM Reply   
Jet skis are fun...for about 15 min, then I'm good for another year. Summer of 2014 my friend had a 2014 Malibu LSV with 19hrs on it at the time. He was anchored just off a beach area in a no wakezone when 19yr old girl came into the no wakezone at speed doing circles trying to spray her friends on the beach. We yelled at her a couple times for doing this. The final time she did this she lost control, T-boned the LSV. When she impacted the LSV she got booted in the air like a handstand and fell back on the ski. After composing herself she fired up the ski and took off. She and a guy (turned out to be her uncle) loaded the ski up and left. Witness on shore saw it, drove to the truck and got the license plate. Law enforcement and game warden showed up and got statements. They went to the uncle's home and found out he owned the jet ski (no insurance and not state law). He had no idea about the incident because he dropped her off for the day to use the ski and came back when she called to pick her up. The bitch denied denied the crash even though her own friends snitched her out. $13,000 damage done to the LSV and 3 tries to fix the entire side of the boat and the flake never matched. Dealer wouldn't give him a decent trade on a new boat after shoddy repair even though he'd bought several boats. About half a year later they called him and did the right thing. My buddy got an Axis T23 because he and his wife didn't care for the electronics on the Malibu. I dislike jet skis but hate about 90% of the people who ride them. I also dislike about half of runabout owners as for their lack of boating etiquette and boat ramp follies.

Last edited by you_da_man; 08-20-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old     (1NewSupraOwner16)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-20-2016, 10:52 AM Reply   
Idiots are everywhere, in boats, on Jetskis, driving down the road. That doesn't make the ski bad. It's the operator. There are responsible ski owners out there. I'm one of them. I have my frustrations with other ski owners as well, but don't label them all bad.
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       08-20-2016, 11:38 AM Reply   
I love our Jet Ski. I take my 8 year old and 2 year old out on it all the time and they absolutely love it. On my lake the boat drivers are a lot more of a problem than the jet ski drivers.

We constantly have fisherman follow while we are pulling a rider. They are literally 200 feet (tops) behind the rider. I get extremely nervous when my 8 year old is behind the boat and some fisherman is 200 feet behind her. I've had to educate a couple of them this summer. I'm always stunned they have no idea they should not be doing this. They apparently don't realize boats to not have brakes. This happens about 3x to 5x per summer. We also have other boats coming within 50' of the side of our boat when a rider is getting ready and the 75' rope is out. We've had to quickly pull the rope in on many occasions due to uneducated boat drivers coming too close and nearly running over our rope. We are on a large lake with plenty of room. There is absolutely no need for anyone to be this close. Sadly it is the boat drivers and not the jet skis doing this.

Lastly, POWER TURNS! 90% of boat drivers pulling people on my lake do power turns. I can pick my rider up 2x as fast as the power turners by turning around at idle speed and idling back to the rider.

Last edited by tre; 08-20-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Old     (RiverRyder38)      Join Date: Feb 2016       08-20-2016, 12:39 PM Reply   
They need there own lake just for jet skiers no boats and outlaw them on boating water ways
Old     (DCR20)      Join Date: Aug 2016       08-22-2016, 2:05 AM Reply   
I had been scrimping and saving to trade my Four Winns and buy a Tige R20. Day finally came two months ago and I picked up an immaculate 2015 demo with 19 hours. I took it out on the lake the day I bought it (had not even owned it for 24 hours), guy was jumping my wake on a jet ski and being silly. Long story short he hit lost control and hit the rear of my Tige at significant speed and cracked all the way through the transom and separated the upper and lower decks. Its been in the shop for months now (I live in Australia and the rub rail and gel coat had to come out from the USA). Lucky the guy was insured or I would be typing this from the penitentiary. I HATE Jet skis.......
Old     (feral)      Join Date: Oct 2011       08-22-2016, 3:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCR20 View Post
I had been scrimping and saving to trade my Four Winns and buy a Tige R20. Day finally came two months ago and I picked up an immaculate 2015 demo with 19 hours. I took it out on the lake the day I bought it (had not even owned it for 24 hours), guy was jumping my wake on a jet ski and being silly. Long story short he hit lost control and hit the rear of my Tige at significant speed and cracked all the way through the transom and separated the upper and lower decks. Its been in the shop for months now (I live in Australia and the rub rail and gel coat had to come out from the USA). Lucky the guy was insured or I would be typing this from the penitentiary. I HATE Jet skis.......
About the time i typed my comment above i had an incident with a jetski almost running over my 9 year old as she wakesurfed then threatening to beat me up, then doing a runner from the beach after i called police - owner of the ski tried to blame me, called me irresponsilbe and carried on like huge pork chop. Owner soon backed down when police arrived - rider up getting prosecuted and fined $345 by water saftey. I had to push to get charges (police wouldnt do but water saftey did) but felt it was important. Hope your bloke was prosecuted.
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-22-2016, 12:59 PM Reply   
Time to post this again. I wish someone would make the t-shirt I would buy a couple.
Attached Images

Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-22-2016, 1:12 PM Reply   
Having been missed by a following boat by a mere 5 feet I really hate tailgaters. I could hear the passengers in the other boat and my boat screaming in fear/terror like scream then whoosh a boat slid by. I had just cleared the water from my eyes after falling and there he was. They thought I was gone. The following driver had taken his eyes off me to watch his tubers while overtaking me on a wakeskate. Now I often take a peak over my shoulder.

I politely asked someone to stop following me and he responded aggressively with what's your problem dude? That tells me some people just don't get it so the process of education will have to continue. What else can you do?

Last edited by srock; 08-22-2016 at 1:14 PM.
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       08-22-2016, 1:31 PM Reply   
I honestly hate bad boat drivers more than jet skis. Nothing pisses me off more than someone who is paying 0 attention in their runabout or 20 year old pontoon. We will occasionally have Jet skis jump our wake or surf rollers but they are never close enough to bother me.

What bothers me are people tailgating, driving way too close to downed riders and powerturning. About a month ago we had a pontoon cruise right at us and pass within 15-20 ft going the opposite direction. Driver was looking straight backwards the entire time. So backwards in fact that he didn't see our massive surf roller. I no joke thought he was going to sink. The entire boat was engulfed and sweet justice was dealt immediately.

Ohhhh and tubers and surfers in the wakeboard cove
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-23-2016, 1:23 PM Reply   
The Wedge wastes people regularly regardless of whatever water activity they're doing. That t-shirt is pretty funny.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       08-24-2016, 7:42 AM Reply   
Mississippi now has a grandfathered coast guard boating test you must pass online in a certain amount of time and carry your pass certificate with you in any boat you operate if you Were born after 1995? One problem, someone I know had s coastie take the test for him, coastie comment it took everything he knew to pass, so for honest folk it will produce some change
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2016, 9:57 AM Reply   
I hope it helps but don't count on a written boating test to provide the common sense or skills necessary to be safe.
Old     (TC_Mastercraf_X5)      Join Date: Feb 2013       08-25-2016, 11:16 AM Reply   
I am in strong agreement that its the drivers of jet skis that are primary issue. Take last night we have glassy water when we get out there. Mid way through our set a set of jet skis sees our wakes and continues to romp around following us for the next 30 minutes... NIGHTMARE.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       08-25-2016, 11:18 AM Reply   
Lol man you guys are patient!! 30 min!! My crew woulda flipped out on them.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       08-25-2016, 11:22 AM Reply   
Right when it happens we stop and waive them over and respectfully explain the situation and problem that they are creating,usually they are completely clueless and most of the time understand. Every now and again 1 will get tough for whatever reason. Doesn't end well skates are like missiles....
Old     (mlzelenik)      Join Date: Apr 2016       08-25-2016, 1:40 PM Reply   
Tennessee has a boaters license test that must be taken in person at a public library if you are born after 1989. Problem is idiots with boats exist at all ages