Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (ChaseR720)      Join Date: Jul 2015       08-10-2016, 6:11 PM Reply   
I've been through 2 already this summer. Boat is throwing a lean code when they do go out. The first bad one I found with some rust on it and didn't think anything of it. The second was wet when I took it out (boat had been on the lift for 2 days since last session). Checked the other 3 sensors and they were all dry. Replacing the sensor and pulling cables off the batteries for a couple hours keeps the code off for a week or two.

I'm thinking condensation but I haven't ruled out a leaking manifold. Dealership I bought it from didn't give me the info (or mention) that I could have transferred the engine warranty so I'm out of luck there.

Dealer is an hour+ away so trying to avoid the trip and the boat still runs like a champ every time we go out. Only other issue is a good bit of oil consumption but that may be unrelated.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-10-2016, 6:49 PM Reply   
You need to have it looked at.... It should not consume oil and the sensor may be unrelated after further diagnosis but for a 2015 I would be very thorough without a warranty..
Old     (TTyler89)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-10-2016, 7:26 PM Reply   
My guess is cracked manifold or riser. Water on an O2 sensor will kill it. They heat up to 1200* so they can read correctly and all it takes is some water to be splashed on it when at temp and it'll crack it. I run O2 sensors on my blown fueled altered and I have to make sure I don't flip them on till after I fire the motor up otherwise it does the same only I'm running alcohol.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-10-2016, 7:59 PM Reply   
What ^ T (TTyler89) said. If they are rusting that quickly you've got a leak. Does dealership you bought it from offer any kind of warranty?
Old     (Medium)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-10-2016, 8:20 PM Reply   
I just had to have all 4 of my O2 sensors replaced on my 15 A22. It had about 120 hours on it when the issue started and took forever for the dealer and PCM to figure out what the problem was.

I'm curious to see how long these new sensors will last
Old     (DCross)      Join Date: Jul 2016       08-11-2016, 5:36 AM Reply   
Same, or similar issue on our 2015 T23 with the 350. It's got 150 hours (purchased new in 2/2016). Haven't replaced the 02 sensors yet even though the dealer has had it back a few times to look at it, so it may not be the same issue. Sets a code basically every time we go ride (especially when it's hot outside), but the code doesn't show up on the 'on dash' codes reader.

Also, ours does burn some oil in a 50 hour period. We probably put 2 quarts in it in between oil changes.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-11-2016, 9:06 AM Reply   
So irritating. I have a similar problem with my 15 A22 350, but mine issue is said to be an exhaust temp sensor. Incidentally the last problem was an o2 sensor was when it was blown out of the manifold. Stripped threads.

I finally gave up and started ignoring the exhaust code. If I took my boat to the shop every time tmy boat told me to service, I would never have a boat. I've found that turning off the battery and starting over sometimes helps too.

I've noticed that it usually only happens while wakeboarding. My dealer told me it's not a bad sensor, but that the exhaust temp is getting too hot. Not sure how that is possible. They suggested the motor must be overheating, but it's running at a cool 165 degrees or lower.
Old     (ChaseR720)      Join Date: Jul 2015       08-11-2016, 10:14 AM Reply   
Sounds like I'm not the only one with these issues. And D Cross, I'm burning oil at about the same rate. Most of the hours on mine are ballast full wakeboarding and surfing so that would accelerate the consumption too.

I'm going to pull the manifold off here when I have some free time. I'm just scared to strip a bolt or tear something else up taking it apart. I'd hate to lose a few weeks waiting for parts when it's running well as is. And temps are never exceeding 165 either.

These 2015 Axis's are getting some serious bad rep lately with all these cracked hulls from the stringers separating and apparently there are a lot of O2 sensor/overheating issues. Damn boats are 2 years old.