Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Bangarang)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-16-2014, 11:51 AM Reply   
Theft by swindle: To take money from people without them even realizing what is happening! That’s how I feel about the wakeboat industry right now! I have been skiing for over 30 years and wakeboarding for about 15. I have owned lots of wakeboard boats and most recently I was an MC owner. I always wondered when the pyramid scheme of pricing would fall apart and I don’t know if it is going to happen soon, but one would think that it would have to. What I mean is that for the 15 years or so that I owned a wakeboard boat, I never lost money (in fact most of my boats went up in value and the ones I lost money on were more than offset by the ones I made money on). I don’t see that happening now that the prices are $70M to over $100M for a big name wakeboat. The new xstars for instance are well over $100M and while I would bet that MC sells very few of them and the ones we see are most likely promo boats that were obtained at a deep discount. I do feel sorry for the very few that went into a dealer, drank the koolaide and paid big bucks only to find out a year or 2 later that there boat is worth $50 or so less thousand than they paid…. I don’t care how rich you are this is just stupid.

Also the whole shift to surfing in order to reach a target market with enough money to buy a boat is lame. A lot of these people really have no riding ability or are old and beat up like me so wakeboarding and wakeskating are out of the picture for them. So they buy a barge and say they are “surfers” thinking its cool. It’s not, and its barely a hobby let alone a sport. I have put my dog on a surfboard behind my previous boat and she caught the wake for a bit so I conclude that really no skill is involved. Catching a wave on the ocean (traditional surfing) however is hard and is very cool!

So I am a sell-out…. sold the wakeboat for a cheap fishing boat and now I wakeskate all day long (I went with the fishing boat because I am not going to surf all day long and be bored to tears). I don’t have to care about the boat or even really take care of it for that matter and I am happy! It just confirmed that I got caught up in a material object (wakeboat) as opposed to really enjoying what I am up to!

That’s not to say that there are still some good values out there…like MB, that produce a good boat at a “relatively speaking” fair price.

Not trying to cause havoc but wondering if anyone else out there is seeing it this way….
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-16-2014, 12:02 PM Reply   
The biggest flaw in your logic is assuming you need a 130k dollar, 25 ft, 8000 lb wake barge to throw down. You just don't. You also don't need a new Bentley to get back and forth to work.
Old     (Bangarang)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-16-2014, 12:05 PM Reply   
Thats a good point! However, I thought about it and thats kind of what I did by going the fishing boat route. Although I will admit that I cant throw down behind the crappy fishing boat!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-16-2014, 12:22 PM Reply   
A free market economy, demand and consumer wants, are whats driving it all. Too bad we dont live in Russuia, i hear all their wakeboats are top shelf and the average ditch digger can afford them as they are all the same price thats controlled by Putin.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       10-16-2014, 12:38 PM Reply   
Fishing can be quite boring also. The cost of a new bass boat is going to set you back some serious cash.

The price of new boats are out of line for sure....but as long as people are willing to pay that high price.....they will continue to be too expensive.
Old     (Bangarang)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-16-2014, 12:50 PM Reply   
Fishing is boring unless you are catching fish, which apparently I am not that good at. Bought the fishing boat just as a way to get on the water! Actually the expensive bass boats out there is what got me thinking about all of this and eventually lead me to selling my wakeboat. I will explain... I boated past the boat landing to pick up a friend and I saw a very nice Ranger bass boat being pulled by a new Escalade and I started laughing out loud about how stupid the whole setup was. I thought to myself why would someone even consider owning a boat like that just for fishing. Then I looked at my setup and realized I was basically doing the same thing but with a different hobby. I bet for the most part I just don't care about looking "cool" anymore and just want to have fun!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-16-2014, 1:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
I bet for the most part I just don't care about looking "cool" anymore and just want to have fun!
Yeah, thats kinda how those that like to surf, feel and dont give two chits what the haters think.
Old     (Bangarang)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-16-2014, 1:25 PM Reply   
Solid point TigeMike. Just because I think wakesurfing is like watching paint dry doesn't mean other people don't think its fun! But i do think it is lame. 10 or so years ago I enjoyed the whole phenomenon of bringing people out on the boat who have not spent much time on the water and showing them that you can surf behind a boat....which blew there mind. But then it got old and I got sick of people slamming the board into the back of my boat.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       10-16-2014, 1:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanfield View Post
The biggest flaw in your logic is assuming you need a 130k dollar, 25 ft, 8000 lb wake barge to throw down. You just don't. You also don't need a new Bentley to get back and forth to work.
^ This! You can have plenty of fun behind a clapped out $500 Bayliner that doesn't leak too bad and hits on at least a few cylinders. Step it up to a few grand and you can have a pretty nice inboard with less stuff to break and easier for a novice driver to hold speed. Plenty of room inbetween for all budget levels.

Big inboard companies hire marketing teams, it's their job to market and sell boats. I haven't been to any shows or dealers, but from the advertising I've seen I don't think there's anything deceptive or fraudulent about how these boats are marketed and sold.

I don't get the whole spiel about surfing, we all have hobbies. I have surfed a few times and while fun I couldn't imagine doing it several times a week. Different strokes for different folks though, some people are really into it whereas for me it's more a novelty, something neat to do occasionally.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       10-16-2014, 2:08 PM Reply   
This has got to be a WW trolling thread trying to stir everyone up since its been dead lately...

He brought up some of the ultimate WW arguments all in a single post:

1. New boat prices
2. Surf hating
3. MB discussion

PS- Boats aren't $100 million (M) new and they don't depreciate $50k in a year or two...
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-16-2014, 2:20 PM Reply   
Yes, new wakeboats are stupid expensive. So are new top tier luxury cars.

As an example, I drive a 98 BMW M3 Cabrio as my fun car. it's well modded but doesn't even have 300hp. Every year I do an event where we rent a private road that's 2 miles long with 20+ turns. We get to rip up the road, gaining about 500 feet of elevation. Since I put on the event, I have people that hand over the keys to their much more expensive cars for me to run up the road with. So, I've done it a lot with my car, and I've done it with a 700whp supercharged M3 and a new v8 425hp E92 M3. Both of those cars were easily worth 4-5 times what mine is. Yet, I was actually faster up the road in my car than theirs.

All that to say, you don't need the newest or excessively modded to accomplish a similar resort.

The same applies to wakeboats. I had a 02 Supra Sunsport. Arguably one of the best entry level wake boats. I got it nicely modded for under $10k. I added a good system with HLCD towers and a sub, lots of LED's, more ballast, and a surf system for running evenly weighted and switching sides quick. For the money, it was a great value in an all around wake/ski/surf boat. I valued it around $15k after my mods and got close to that when I sold it.

So I spent about double that and got into a 2008 Moomba XLV. What did I get for that money? Tons more storage with huge lockers and places for hidden ballast. I pretty much doubled my seating capacity. I got a better layout that's way more confortable. I got a more powerful fuel injected motor that actually uses a LOT LESS gas. I got a boat with some newer features and conveniences (power wakeplate, newer version of PP, pop up cleats, thicker/stronger tower, torsion axles and disc brakes on the trailer).

Am I having double the fun of my Supra? It's honeslty hard to say. Wake boats are most certainly an area where the marginal return on investment decreases as the inventment increases. Or you can say that it most certainly subscribes to the "law of diminishing returns".

That said, I don't regret my upgrade. at the price I spent, I got a much better deal than "market value". And I've seen comparable boats with an asking price that were $17k more than I paid. So I went from a "budget 22 year old direct drive" to a "budget 6 year old v-drive". And I think I did okay. I don't have a 6-figure boat, but I'm proof that you can do about as much with less.

That said, I think that going all the way down to some clapped out fishing boat is a bit extreme. I've likewise wakeboarded since the mid 90's and more recently have developed a renewed love for both surfing and slalom. Can I throw down surfing on my new boat better than my old? Yep. Wakeboarding? It's way better. Slalom obviously isn't as good, but it's good enough. I tried wakeskating for the first time a week ago and was honestly bored out of my mind. So obviously everyone is going to be drawn to different stuff.

In the end, where we spend our time and money is the tangible evidence of our passions and priorities in life. I love my time on the boat, and I am happy to spend money on it. I look at people that upgrade to a 4,000 square foot house on 5 acres and think they're nuts. I'd never want to live out in the country and sink all my money into a house and not be able to buy toys...

But yes, new wakeboats are nutty expensive because they figured out that the more expensive they built them, the more people that had that kind of money would pay.
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-16-2014, 2:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by iShredSAN View Post
This has got to be a WW trolling thread trying to stir everyone up since its been dead lately...

He brought up some of the ultimate WW arguments all in a single post:

1. New boat prices
2. Surf hating
3. MB discussion

PS- Boats aren't $100 million (M) new and they don't depreciate $50k in a year or two...
You're probably right. But getting on my internet soapbox is more fun than actually accomplishing something productive at work...

Oh well, back to pulling info out of a data warehouse to populate a report on Accounts Receivable projections for my company...
Old     (Bangarang)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-16-2014, 2:31 PM Reply   
Honestly i am completely independent and not trolling. In my industry M is thousand and MM is million. Sorry for the confusion. I think you could lose $50k or M or whatever on a 2015 xstar in one year. Even if you bout it at 20% off msrp. You bring up a interresting point though....WW has been dead and maybe this industry is fading as well....
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-16-2014, 2:37 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangarang View Post
Honestly i am completely independent and not trolling. In my industry M is thousand and MM is million. Sorry for the confusion. I think you could lose $50k or M or whatever on a 2015 xstar in one year. Even if you bout it at 20% off msrp. You bring up a interresting point though....WW has been dead and maybe this industry is fading as well....
This happens at the end of every summer. People put their boats away and start thinking about football, or hunting, or prepping for ski/snowboard/snowmobile. School is back in session and kids are getting toted to their zillion events and activities.

And when the boats get winterized, people's passions shift elsewhere until spring...

Nothing new there...
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-16-2014, 2:38 PM Reply   
If you paid full MSRP on a loaded boat, then tripped to flip, yes, you could see a 50K or M if you like, because you are selling in a market thats filled with boats that were purchased a more competitive price. if you negotiated an average discount, I dont see a 50K depreciation, considering the 6% average price increase. That alone, fuels the used market, resulting in less depreciation.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       10-16-2014, 2:53 PM Reply   
Trayson

^ your e36 is probably the purest of the modern M's. After the e46 (my personal favorite) they went soft, big power but lumbering heavy cars run by computers with no soul. Surprised you went with the convertible over the coupe based on your driving style mentioned above. FYI – Don’t degrade your M by calling it a Cabrio That sounds too cute like a Miata or Beetle. A man’s drop top needs to be a convertible or better yet a “spider” but I think that term technically is a mid-engine convertible.

Our old 25K boat was probably more fun than our new 65K boat. We didn't worry about it so much. The new boat is better in every way but now I am more picky about it and that takes some of the fun out of it.
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-16-2014, 4:25 PM Reply   
I agree with everything you are thinking…although lol. You are prone to exaggerate…I think from my bit of research - like i could ever afford a new one - not really - it is very possible to get 20% off every time. I know of a particular dealer - can't say who - that is trying to get rid of a brand new 2014, but the dealer brought in with crap colors and he is willing to give 30% off retail to get rid of right away.

According to what I am seeing the uber expensive boats are losing $10k in value per year first few years. As compared to my 2008 which is probably going down about $5k/year.

That is true about the surfers…THEY think they are cool. On the one hand I agree they are not cause what most of them are doing is easy. On the other hand why burst their bubble?

Definitely true on the diminishing returns thing. Double the $ does not get you double the enjoyment for very long. Maybe $10k double to $20k. But you can get a lot of boat for $20k...$20k to $40k probably not double the fun.

Also, and finally....I like snowboarding way more...
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       10-16-2014, 4:58 PM Reply   
"Also, and finally....I like snowboarding way more... "
but I put 10's of thousand more dollars into wakeboarding because I do not like it as much?

" But then it got old and I got sick of people slamming the board into the back of my boat."
Thats your problem right there! I really have not had anyone slam their surfboard into my boat(lots of beginners too!) but I would be more worried about the surfboard bustin up than my hull getting a mark on it.

I love wakeboarding, snowboarding, surfing, and longboarding!
Old     (Bangarang)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-16-2014, 5:42 PM Reply   
Yeah I guess I shouldn't burst the surfers bubble....thats not cool. Also, i just realized that basically I am telling wakeworld that I am done with enjoying wakeboarding because of the stupid expensive boats and starting to enjoy other watersports without a focus on how kick as of a boat I own. I think part of it that ruined it for me is that back in the day I was out riding and everyone else with a wakeboat was pretty cool/normal. Now all the newer MC, malibu, and nautique owners on my lake are a bunch of snobs and are people that I really dont want to be associated with. So boom the kick ass boat is gone. I thought it was going to be hard not having it but its actually been way better going back to the simple enjoyment of watersports and screwing around all day!
Old     (Bangarang)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-16-2014, 5:59 PM Reply   
Also and finally... I like snowmobiling way more!!!!
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       10-16-2014, 6:20 PM Reply   
I totally understand your story. We have a small wakeboard crew of like 6 guys, with usually 3 or 4 that come out at a time. They are all super cool. It is tough when a bunch of dicks are doing something, cause like you said then you don't want to have anything to do with it.

I was reminded last year by a snowboard buddy not to steal or take away a persons stoke. My friend went over this jump and he was like, man did you see me? I totally landed on the back side didn't I? And I was in a mood, so I was like man you hit the knuckle, try again next time. He was mad at me the rest of the day for telling him he sucked. Which was not exactly what happened. I was kind of like tired of him telling me how crappy I was and thought I would give him a taste of his own medicine. But I still realized in that moment, just not to take away someone's stoke.
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-16-2014, 7:32 PM Reply   
YAAA!!!!! LMFAO!!! WELL SAID!!!all you guys made awsome points!
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       10-16-2014, 9:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangarang View Post
Theft by swindle: To take money from people without them even realizing what is happening! That’s how I feel about the wakeboat industry right now! I have been skiing for over 30 years and wakeboarding for about 15. I have owned lots of wakeboard boats and most recently I was an MC owner. I always wondered when the pyramid scheme of pricing would fall apart and I don’t know if it is going to happen soon, but one would think that it would have to. What I mean is that for the 15 years or so that I owned a wakeboard boat, I never lost money (in fact most of my boats went up in value and the ones I lost money on were more than offset by the ones I made money on). I don’t see that happening now that the prices are $70M to over $100M for a big name wakeboat. The new xstars for instance are well over $100M and while I would bet that MC sells very few of them and the ones we see are most likely promo boats that were obtained at a deep discount. I do feel sorry for the very few that went into a dealer, drank the koolaide and paid big bucks only to find out a year or 2 later that there boat is worth $50 or so less thousand than they paid…. I don’t care how rich you are this is just stupid.

Also the whole shift to surfing in order to reach a target market with enough money to buy a boat is lame. A lot of these people really have no riding ability or are old and beat up like me so wakeboarding and wakeskating are out of the picture for them. So they buy a barge and say they are “surfers” thinking its cool. It’s not, and its barely a hobby let alone a sport. I have put my dog on a surfboard behind my previous boat and she caught the wake for a bit so I conclude that really no skill is involved. Catching a wave on the ocean (traditional surfing) however is hard and is very cool!

So I am a sell-out…. sold the wakeboat for a cheap fishing boat and now I wakeskate all day long (I went with the fishing boat because I am not going to surf all day long and be bored to tears). I don’t have to care about the boat or even really take care of it for that matter and I am happy! It just confirmed that I got caught up in a material object (wakeboat) as opposed to really enjoying what I am up to!

That’s not to say that there are still some good values out there…like MB, that produce a good boat at a “relatively speaking” fair price.

Not trying to cause havoc but wondering if anyone else out there is seeing it this way….
Go home bangarang, you're drunk.
Old     (Bangarang)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-17-2014, 6:16 AM Reply   
Very productive comment delta force! Of course I'm drunk....its 8am, who isnt?
Old     (Redheadd)      Join Date: Apr 2014       10-17-2014, 8:02 AM Reply   
I personally agree 100% with you but would never get rid of my boat since I own it. SURFING IS NOT COOL!!! LMFAO
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-17-2014, 8:27 AM Reply   
Bought my surf boat 10 years ago for 40K, could sell it today for 30k-35k. All these inflated prices, keeps the value of my boat high, so its all good to me, considering I will not be buying any 100k boat anytime soon! And why does everyone got to hate on what others like???? Get a life! Wakesurfing is not going away anytime soon! Deal with it!! And Bangarang, a lot of us are not going to be convinced that your not trolling, it's pretty obvious you are. For the record, I fish off my V-Drive when I feel the need. I will never sell my wake boat for a fishing boat! I might purchase a fishing boat as my second vessel.............
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-17-2014, 8:37 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledog View Post
Trayson

^ your e36 is probably the purest of the modern M's. After the e46 (my personal favorite) they went soft, big power but lumbering heavy cars run by computers with no soul. Surprised you went with the convertible over the coupe based on your driving style mentioned above. FYI – Don’t degrade your M by calling it a Cabrio That sounds too cute like a Miata or Beetle. A man’s drop top needs to be a convertible or better yet a “spider” but I think that term technically is a mid-engine convertible.

Our old 25K boat was probably more fun than our new 65K boat. We didn't worry about it so much. The new boat is better in every way but now I am more picky about it and that takes some of the fun out of it.
Okay, we're getting off track with my analogy, but to explain, I had always loved BMW's throughout college, and the M3 vert was my dream car. When I was in college, I drove a Mk1 Rabbit GTI and fell in love with the Euro. But I had a passion for convertibles. I had almost talked myself into getting a Cabrio, telling myself that it's a GTI with a drop top. (I WAS WRONG AND THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN A HUGE MISTAKE). But then I went up and tried skiing/snowboarding for the first time (no money for that until I finished college). I realized a FWD vert would suck in the snow. Then I saw a Jeep Wrangler and realized 1) 4x4, 2) Drop Top 3) Chicks dig them. The decision was made and I did the Jeep thing for many years. I ultimately graduated to a crazy built '00 TJ locked and loaded for rockcrawling on 35" beadlocks with about every mod you can imagine. Also got into sportbikes during that time. After my divorce, I realized that my 10mpg uber built Jeep was hardly practical for a daily. Snowboarding was still my passion, and I tried to talk myself into something "practical" like a Subaru Outback. But I just couldn't do it. I saw how cheap the E30 verts were going for, and almost went that direction but my brother in law (a BMW tech) talked me into stepping up to the E36. So I got a black E36 328i vert, modded it, got another one, flipped the first one and made money. I had plans to Mod the 2nd 328i to get it up to "M3 specs" and realized that I could have just started with an M3 as my base so I got rid of the 2nd 328i and found my ultimate dream car. Estoril Blue M3 vert with lots of goodies and I added more.

As far as the convertible part, since I ride sport bikes and have done plenty of track days and canyon carving, that's my weapon of choice for ripping it up. It's a more involved experience, more performance, and cheaper on gas! The convertible M3 is basically one of the few cars I could be in on a sunny day and not suffer from "bike envy" when I saw a sportbike ride by. It's the best of everything: euro performance, luxury, and style blended in a top down package. It's as close to the perfect car for me as I can find, and I'd have to spend a TON more money to get anything that would make me "more happy" (which actually brings us back to our original boat analogy). I've actually done a couple track days with my M3. I've had a track instructor that raced Pro3 drive my car and compare it to his E36 M3 coupe with coilovers. He was VERY impressed with my vert. with a lower center of gravity, my car actually felt more planted than his. And with mine being modified with basically all the bolt on mods short of cams, mine was as quick or quicker than his lighter coupe. So the whole verts are inferior and can't be a choice for a true driver car is B/S. I'm not racing and I was having 500hp Shelby mustangs get blue flagged to get out of my way because I owned them in the corners.

I've since retired my M3 to be the "sun and fun" car, because driving it year round in the lame PNW rain wasn't doing it any favors. And once I remarried, driving the Jeep to the Mountain every weekend wasn't practical and was expensive in gas. Again, I tried to talk myself into a boring Subaru, but again couldn't do it. I started with a cheap A6 Avant and when that one's tranny died last spring, I graduated to an S6 Avant. So I've got the winter performance/luxury/utility/style part handled.

Ironically, my passion for the Jeep has finally faded and I've got it up for sale to help pay down some of the upgrade I put into getting my new boat.
Old     (biggator)      Join Date: Jul 2010       10-17-2014, 11:14 AM Reply   
Wow.. another thread bashing boat prices and surfing all in one!
Old     (jtech)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-17-2014, 3:52 PM Reply   
I hope they increase the prices even more and people keep paying those prices. It will make mine easier to sell and if I wait another 2-3 years I might break even or make money after only 5 years of owning it. And I thought 65k was a lot to pay for a new boat.
Old     (Pad1Tai)      Join Date: Jan 2013       10-17-2014, 8:20 PM Reply   
Sounds like the "head banger" is old cranky and fat and just needs a forum to air it out....

why do I read this crap.. lmao!..
Old     (Bangarang)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-18-2014, 5:33 AM Reply   
Old: Not really
Fat: Nope
Cranky: Yep, but not all the time.

Good discussion guys and while I was probably seeking validation for some odd reason....its good to read all the alternate views! Enjoy your hobbies but just don't get caught up in owning a $80k 22 foot fiberglass boat (like I did)....they are not worth it! I got out good money wise on mine but I don't think that will continue. Remember, this is just my opinion so take it or leave it!
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-18-2014, 6:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtech View Post
I hope they increase the prices even more and people keep paying those prices. It will make mine easier to sell and if I wait another 2-3 years I might break even or make money after only 5 years of owning it. And I thought 65k was a lot to pay for a new boat.

^x2... Makes it an ideal market for flipping boats... People have no clue what stuff is actually worth on the selling and buying end. It's crazy going back and reading post from 10 years ago (2004) and people on this forum were asking about the 2000ish centurion elite v drives and they were all priced 15-20k back then, I sold one last week for that price and it's now 10 years older than it was back then and prolly has more hours, and more wear and tear than one that is only 4 years old.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       10-18-2014, 8:15 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
A free market economy, demand and consumer wants, are whats driving it all. Too bad we dont live in Russuia, i hear all their wakeboats are top shelf and the average ditch digger can afford them as they are all the same price thats controlled by Putin.
Funny story.... I just sold my MB to a couple of dudes from Moscow. There's apparently quite the wakesurfing scene there.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       10-18-2014, 9:51 AM Reply   
To the original poster, I would always keep a v-drive boat until I'm too old to safely get it to the lake and launch on my own. There's too many memories and good times with a few friends and family to be made. When I want to go fishing I'll take my $3000 one grandpa owner, garage kept 18' bass boat out. I can't see trying to make a fishing boat into a fun tow boat and of course taking a nice, clean wakeboat and trying to fish off of it. Now if you just got bored and sick of owning a wakeboat, that's a whole other thing and maybe you did the right thing, but to sell a wakeboat to get into a "cheap" fishing boat as you put it AND you still like to wakeskate and possibly other towing, I just can't see doing that. This is just my opinion and how I would see it for me but in the end if you're happy and still having fun for you, that's all that matters.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       10-18-2014, 10:43 AM Reply   
How can you party at the cove without a v drive brah? Where will all that fine tail lay out at without the sun pad?
Old     (slowwwflowww)      Join Date: Mar 2011       10-18-2014, 4:17 PM Reply   
It"s all about want.If you are rich or well off and you want that $125,000 boat then it will be yours.But if you want it and you aren't well off, then...............................
Old     (DenverRider)      Join Date: Feb 2013       10-19-2014, 7:07 AM Reply   
Did you buy your fishing boat new or used. Let me guess ... new. I wouldn't be surprised if I paid less for my wake boat used than you did for your lame fishing boat. Now who's the chump? There are plenty of crazy awesome used wake boats for sale. If you need to buy one bran new then that's your problem.
Old     (Tsg137)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-19-2014, 9:48 AM Reply   
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...V-21-102362333

Hmmm...Fishing boats are expensive too.
Old     (Tsg137)      Join Date: Jul 2011       10-19-2014, 9:54 AM Reply   
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...V-21-102362333

Hmmm...Fishing boats are expensive too.
Old     (Bangarang)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-19-2014, 11:38 AM Reply   
$12k for a used 2010 but it has a 75 horse 4 stroke and I use the livewell for ballast! Bunch of clowns on this website!!!
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-19-2014, 12:26 PM Reply   
That wouldn't even be enjoyable to wake board behind. Way better options for 12k if wakeboarding is your thing.
Old     (Bangarang)      Join Date: Sep 2012       10-23-2014, 6:59 PM Reply   
So if anyone dare to share how good they did on their 2014 or how hard of a pounding they took post it up for all to see. Most probably haven't sold their 2014s yet so what the hell lets also include 2013s. While most that took a pounding are to proud to post lets give it a shot. So really the only way to do this is to provide the year, make, model, price paid, and price it was sold for (if it sold)
Old     (Blueliner)      Join Date: Sep 2013       10-24-2014, 12:07 PM Reply   
Low interest rates = expensive boats. Would never buy a new boat unless I won a lottery