Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (TPC575)      Join Date: Apr 2017       04-08-2017, 8:12 PM Reply   
New to the scene, trying to get my bearings. Can someone help me identify this tower? I spoke with someone at Calabria Boats and they said all their towers were made just for their boats but I'd like to try and find one or something similar. Thx in advance!
Attached Images

Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-09-2017, 5:47 AM Reply   
Looks Aftermarket like a Monster.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       04-09-2017, 6:19 AM Reply   
I don't know what the tower is called but that was Calabria's factory tower. I think those towers are pretty bad ass looking.
Old     (fence_sence)      Join Date: Jul 2008       04-10-2017, 8:30 AM Reply   
Definitely factory. I don't know if they built them in house or not.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-10-2017, 8:40 AM Reply   
I'd call Calabria back and ask who made them. I get that they were made specifically for their boats, but someone likely produced the tower for them. Most manufacturers do not produce their own towers in house.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       04-10-2017, 9:08 AM Reply   
those were probably made by Skylon or StarOne would be my guess. StarOne is out of business and i can't imagine Skylon would build one as they are crazy busy right now with OEM stuff. Here is the closest i could think of (and it's not very close) http://www.onlyinboards.com/Accessor...ard-Tower.aspx
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-10-2017, 9:46 AM Reply   
I've spoken with the owner of Calabria before and their towers are made in house using steel vs aluminum like most other towers. He will not put them on any other boat than Calabria however. I ended up having pro flight make me a custom tower with similar lines but changed a few things for strength and to improve the interior height.

Last edited by bass10after; 04-10-2017 at 9:49 AM.
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       04-10-2017, 12:06 PM Reply   
Maybe they made that tower in house.. Prior to that the put Metcraft towers on their boats.

I wouldn't think a small manufacturer like Calabria would have the manpower to be making their own towers in house, but maybe???
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-10-2017, 12:34 PM Reply   
I highly doubt those are steel towers....
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       04-10-2017, 8:30 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
I highly doubt those are steel towers....
from calabria website if you don't believe me...
Topping off the Team V is a 2 ¼” polished stainless steel wakeboard tower. This unique tower performs better than aluminum towers, which bends and puts stress on the fiberglass where the tower is mounted. Boston Acoustics has teamed up with Calabria to feature a mind numbing, 11 speaker audio system. The system is accented with (6) 6x9 cockpit speakers, (4) polished 6 ½” tower speaker, a massive 5 channel amplifier, and a heart pounding 10” subwoofer.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-10-2017, 11:19 PM Reply   
That's definitely stainless steel tower , My nautique has the stainless option as well. Mine was Titan / Starone wake.

I have seen that style used/made somewhere besides Calabria tho. Gonna have to do little digging.

Last edited by xstarrider; 04-10-2017 at 11:22 PM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       04-10-2017, 11:36 PM Reply   
Pro flight G force tower is what I was thinking of. Pretty close.... but obviously not exact. Name:  IMG_0089.JPG
Views: 803
Size:  36.1 KB
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       04-11-2017, 2:12 AM Reply   
Wow. I stand corrected. That has got to be heavy!
Old     (soonerbilly)      Join Date: Jul 2013       04-11-2017, 6:34 AM Reply   
So Brit.....that your Pro V?
Old     (TPC575)      Join Date: Apr 2017       04-11-2017, 7:23 AM Reply   
After an initial callback where the guy was very helpful (I'm trying to learn about my "new to me" boat), Calabria will not return my calls inquiring about purchasing this tower or referring me to who made them.
SoonerBilly, Negative, the boat in my initial post is not mine, I just like the tower. Here's mine. I'd like to update my tower to something a little more modern. Anybody have one that has the forward swept design? Also, any recommendations for good towers that will fit our 102" width.
Also, for any of you Calabria owners, is there anywhere that I can find info/specs on my model? Thx
Attached Images

Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       04-11-2017, 7:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
Wow. I stand corrected. That has got to be heavy!
steel tubing wall thickness can vary quite a bit. probably heavier than aluminum, but not by a whole lot

Brit, yea that old air boom is holding your rig back. I've got a pro flight chubby on mine (sanger v230) and its been worry free. super strong and quiet in the chop. bimini mount is older style - bolted to the lower arms - but its not a big enough deal to start tower shopping.

Last edited by denverd1; 04-11-2017 at 8:01 AM.