Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-10-2017, 4:26 AM Reply   
I have a black Malibu boat cover that needs to be cleaned. What's the easiest way to do this without damaging the cover?
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-10-2017, 6:21 AM Reply   
Vacuum the inside, scrub outside with a stiff brush lightly maybe with mildew remover , water sprayed from a nozzle hanging it on two or 3 six foot step ladders, test spot the remover
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-10-2017, 7:00 AM Reply   
you can do vacuum before or after water but its best after so when rolling the cover from back to front you vacuum that roll/fold and the as your reverse roll it the clean outer touches the clean inner,

For maintenance on my cover and not cross contaminating the dirt from outside to the inside of cover, i blow off the dirt with a blower before accessing the inside of boat each day of usage before rolling the cover forwards . I tow with it and store the clean cover in my truck cabin, rarely does the cover get dirty toeing because of the flapping at speed just like the blower In driveway.

If
Kept up like this , when boat is in the rain covered, the rain cleans the cover completely except mildew stains from open side of my carport storage
Old     (davesetter)      Join Date: Jan 2014       03-10-2017, 7:09 AM Reply   
I keep my boat in an enclosed boathouse. I keep it covered as well. I blow it off with a leaf blower every time I remove the cover. The cover is not mildewed but just looks a little dusty. Although I spray for spiders I still have them so theres a little spider poo too. I thought about going over it lightly with a pressure washer while its on the boat. I've also considered carrying it to the cleaners or washing it at a laundry in a large washing machine. Just didn't want to damage the waterproofing. Thoughts?
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       03-10-2017, 7:23 AM Reply   
You can always re-spray it for the waterproofing. I would just take it to a laundry, I tried the spraying and brush and all it did is wash the dust off really. I don't feel it got it that clean. Then when I put it back on the boat it wasn't completely dry and that got dirt all over my upholstery.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-10-2017, 8:09 AM Reply   
There's a thread about this from awhile back. I clean mine once a year to keep it looking new. I lay mine out on a clean driveway, lightly pressure wash it and use a broom on areas that have bird poop etc. After that, I hang it on ladders to get mostly dry and then put it on the boat to finish drying all the way.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       03-10-2017, 8:11 AM Reply   
If your driveway has a slope like most do, you just start at the high end and lightly pressure wash your way downhill so the dirt on top and bottom of the cover washes away.
Old     (chilidog)      Join Date: Dec 2007       03-12-2017, 8:43 AM Reply   
I put out on the driveway, hose it down and get a bucket with carwash bubbles in it and use a broom to lightly swab it on the cover. Hose off flip over and repeat, then hose off both sides again. Then I put a ladder or two under and it air dries pretty fast. My boat is stored outdoors and in a windy dusty storage lot so I do this 2 or 3x a year and keeps cover as nice as it's gonna be. My boat is black so I have to wash under where the cover was every time I take the cover off and before I put it on. Going to try the leaf blower technique this year before removing it mid summer based on this thread.
Old     (granddaddy53)      Join Date: Dec 2013       03-13-2017, 5:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by davesetter View Post
I keep my boat in an enclosed boathouse. I keep it covered as well. I blow it off with a leaf blower every time I remove the cover. The cover is not mildewed but just looks a little dusty. Although I spray for spiders I still have them so theres a little spider poo too. I thought about going over it lightly with a pressure washer while its on the boat. I've also considered carrying it to the cleaners or washing it at a laundry in a large washing machine. Just didn't want to damage the waterproofing. Thoughts?
Just leave the boat out in a heavy rain covered and it will clean itself, with the blowing off you and I do that's all you need to do, you'll see the poo and other marks the rain leaves but many just scrape right off with your finger nail after the cover dries from rain
Old     (shaunnelson13)      Join Date: Jan 2016       03-13-2017, 9:05 AM Reply   
I take mine to the dry cleaners
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       03-14-2017, 8:49 AM Reply   
car wash