Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-26-2015, 8:26 PM Reply   
I picked up a cheap boat to use for the summer. Looking to add a little bit of bass to a basic 4 speaker stereo running off the head unit. I'm not expecting to much and not looking to spend a lot either. Space is definitely at a premium as the boat is a shallow 20 foot direct drive. Ive been looking at the 10" Pyle and Bazooka Tube subs with built in amps. Anyone have experience with these. Looking to spend in the $200 range so not expecting to much but want the most I can get for the money.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-27-2015, 5:38 AM Reply   
I would think a cheap box sprayed with bed liner and cheap mono amp and sub would do you better for close to the same price. Is there not room to put a box behind kick panel at the drivers feet?
Old     (newwhit)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-27-2015, 5:51 AM Reply   
i used one in an old 1994 sea ray 180. worked great!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-27-2015, 1:53 PM Reply   
Which one did you use in your boat? The Pyle are about half the price of the Bazooka. Is the bazooka that much better?
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       05-27-2015, 2:45 PM Reply   
I would take your $200 to craigslist for a sub, box, and amp for like $100.... the rest for wiring. That will sound much better than Pyle or Bazooka all-in-one stuff.

We had two of the bazooka tubes years and years ago, and they were boarderline worthless.