Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-06-2013, 10:15 AM Reply   
Picked up my 2013 A22 this week and want to knock out the stereo instal asap so I dont have to deal with it EVER again. ya right.
Hoping someone has done a simple sealed enclosure under the drivers side that I could mimic? If you have can you post up the measuremenets as well as internal volume?

I have a tendancy to overlook something stupid while building sub boxes no matter how much pre-planning i put in; so im praying that this will aleviate my normal process of building, getting mad it doesnt fit, and rebuilding correctly.

and yes, i usually start with a cardboard template to check the fit, etc. etc.....but something always goes wrong..hahahahah
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-06-2013, 3:13 PM Reply   
Honestly you need a box with dimensions for your specific sub...not everyone elses. It'd be worth your while to find the specs for your sub from the manufacturer and build to those specs. Between myself and my other 3 friends with custom sub enclosures in our A22's...none are built the same as far as internal specs and/or exterior finish.
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-06-2013, 3:16 PM Reply   
Excluding ported enclosures and playing devils advocate....

I asked for the airspace so I could pair a similar one to my sub. Other than that it would obviously show if the Noel is a rectangle, or some awkward shape needed for the boat.....which is not going to make (any noticeable) difference in output or quality.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-06-2013, 3:23 PM Reply   
Sorry, just noticed you said "sealed". None of our boxes are sealed...all ported.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-06-2013, 3:27 PM Reply   
My sub enclosure is a bass reflex design. It's super clean and deep. The factory sealed enclosure inside the battery compartment is probably the worst idea Axis ever had as far as placement and design for a sub and enclosure.
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-06-2013, 3:36 PM Reply   
A.j. Out of curiosity on your ported enclosures do you have any pictures? Trying to figure out if its cleaner to get rid of or use the plastic deal from the factory that's down there.
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       06-06-2013, 3:41 PM Reply   
I'll take some pics this weekend. My boat is stored at the lake and I'm 30 miles from it. All of us with custom enclosures have had that footwell looking tub removed. There's a lot of good space behind it. Our enclosures were also built a little outwards from where that tub insert is so we lost a little legroom. I'm 6.'00" with long legs and it doesn't effect my comfort.
Old     (RonBurgundy)      Join Date: Jun 2012       06-06-2013, 10:33 PM Reply   
Good to hear as I am 6ft as well.

We're these fiberglass?
Old    Axis22            06-07-2013, 6:44 AM Reply   

Check out this video on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/VrQ5mCxfeu0
Old     (Tommy1005)      Join Date: May 2013       06-07-2013, 8:52 PM Reply   
Bandpass with a Sundown sub. Bet that thing hammers if the box is built right