Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Kma444)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-09-2014, 3:55 PM Reply   
SO a quick tale. Right after we got our 242 we somehow managed to tear a small spot on the rear center seat cushion. Not terrible but pretty awful on a brand new boat. So I ordered a replacement from SC. It showed up and wasn't an exact match but I put it off to a different batch of fabric and just figured it was better than looking at that d^%n tear. So flash to a year later, trying to wipe a little dark spot off of the cover and it just won't go away. I always have used the cleaner sold by the fabric manufacturer and nothing else so I was surprised when the spot started to get bigger. No idea what it was except for something even uglier than the tear.

I contacted SC and they had me get back with the dealer, Cynde at Atlanta Marine talked with SC and we swapped and forwarded multiple pics. SC said they would do another seat cover even though I was not only out of warranty but it had been over a year since I bought the replacement cover. I was pretty impressed with that. But wait, there's more.......

I got the replacement cover and it was the same as the initial replacement, not an exact match but pretty close. My best description is, it was silver with tiny black dots instead of gray. That probably doesn't make sense, maybe I will see if I can find a picture. I thought I would try and see if there was any other solution that might end up with a closer match or some kind of redesign that would make the mismatch less noticeable. So I contacted Cynde again and felt like a real pain in the butt but told her of my woes... She got in touch with Anthony at SC and we decided I would send the original, complete with tear, seat cover back along with the replacement, and see what they could come up with. They weren't sure if they could do anything but they said they would try. They were worried about sun fading making it hard to match, though I was pretty sure we didn't have any fading. I was very pleased with their willingness to help.

But pleased would be an understatement when a box arrived from SC with my original, torn cover and an EXACT match!!! No kidding, perfect in every way. I could not be more pleased, in every manner SC, Anthony, Cynde and Atlanta Marine and even Mr Rick Tinker treated me wonderfully and have exceeded my every expectation. This boat has been completely fabulous, there were only a couple tiny warranty issues which were handled perfectly and then this experience. It's going to be hard for any other boat manufacturer to ever pry me, or my family, away from SC products. It's not seen near often enough in today's environment, this kind of customer service/satisfaction. I take my hat off to everyone involved, more happy we could not be.

Thank You!!!!!
Old     (CHern5972)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-10-2014, 6:55 AM Reply   
Did you say grey spes?
Im starting to see small grey specs in my rear deck pads
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-10-2014, 9:38 AM Reply   
I love skiers choice as we'll. if they keep doing everything right they will have my money in a couple years when I purchase a new supra!
Old     (Kma444)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-10-2014, 1:22 PM Reply   
Chris, my cover went from a small discoloration to large areas of dark, it was really odd, almost like there was dye coming off of it. Spot probably wasn't the best description.