Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through July 23, 2005

Old    boatless            07-15-2005, 3:50 PM Reply   
I am looking at an older Mastercraft. Has anybody had any experience with the Wake on an older 88 MC 190. Is this just a ski boat or can the wake be beefed up with some ballast. Any feed back will be appreceated...
Old     (gvb)      Join Date: May 2003       07-15-2005, 4:17 PM Reply   
I have an '89 PS 190 with 350 lbs in the bow and 540 in the back. I just recently got to finally ride behind an old Natique 2001 and the wake was significantly better with the same weight.

If I had the chance to do it over, I would have went with a Natique. The MasterCraft needs more weight than the Natique from my experience. Don't let that steer you away from the MasterCraft though, it's still a great boat.

-gvb
Old     (ramhouse)      Join Date: Apr 2004       07-15-2005, 7:13 PM Reply   
Paul,
I have a '93 190 and love it!!!It takes about a 1000lbs. and the wake is great. You got to remember it's only 19' long. At the end of this year we are planing to get a larger boat. Kids are getting big. The prostar is one of the best first boats to buy in my opinion, NO WOOD!!!What price and year are you looking at? They do hold their value..use it for a couple of years and make a few upgrades and get back what you paid for it. I though would look for one in the early 90's.
Richard