Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       05-15-2013, 12:00 PM Reply   
I'm starting to look into ballast options for my next boat setup and don't have a whole lot of experience with what types of bags and pumps work best and are the most cost efficient (ie. not a waste of money or overpriced).

I'll probably get 750's for the rears, as I already have a 440# that can be used in the bow. What are the best options for quality and prices for bags? What are good options for pumps that don't take forever to fill and drain? Do people setup any diy water pumps and lines instead of the off the shelf buying or is this just not any better of an option? These don't apply to a specific boat (as I do not have a boat that will allow large bags). I'm just looking into options ahead of time.
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-15-2013, 12:37 PM Reply   
No such thing as overpriced. With ballast bags you get what you pay for. Spend the money on Fly High bags or the maybe try out the new Ronix Bags.
Old     (jhartt3)      Join Date: Jan 2012       05-15-2013, 12:48 PM Reply   
if you're going to plumb them in no need for Ronix... Ronix would just be non plumbed in ballast i would think.
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       05-15-2013, 1:59 PM Reply   
The ronix bags look good but has anyone used them? I'm not sure if they even are out yet. They probably wont be plumbed into a system for me.
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       05-15-2013, 2:10 PM Reply   
Go fly high w/tsunami pump been tested unbeatable performancw
Old     (widnejr)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-15-2013, 2:12 PM Reply   
I upgraded my entire ballast last year. You should check out wakemakers! I told them what I wanted out of my new system, they told me what I needed, and the rest was history.
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       05-15-2013, 4:11 PM Reply   
How quickly do most fill that aren't plumbed in? With just the quick search I did, it looks as the ronix bags fill MUCH quicker. Now I could be wrong but I'm just looking for something thats not gonna take 15 minutes of sitting around and waiting cuz sometimes we just go out for an hour session or so.
Old     (04avyboarder)      Join Date: May 2012       05-15-2013, 5:27 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakesounds View Post
How quickly do most fill that aren't plumbed in? With just the quick search I did, it looks as the ronix bags fill MUCH quicker. Now I could be wrong but I'm just looking for something thats not gonna take 15 minutes of sitting around and waiting cuz sometimes we just go out for an hour session or so.

If you don't want to wait then you need to get 2 reversible pumps and plumb in. I used to spend about 25 mins filling bags with a tsunami pump. (2500 lbs) just recently installed 2 Johnson pumps it now fills in 7 mins. Empties about the same.