Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (DatTexasBoy)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-28-2013, 11:22 AM Reply   
So wish I had enough money for 2 boats. These things are some of the best looking boats out there. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though.

Great job as usual Craig!!!!!!!
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-28-2013, 11:41 AM Reply   
Rance, I have good news sir. You can! The bank just called and said tell Rance there's plenty more where that came from...
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-28-2013, 11:56 AM Reply   
ready for the one we talked about to come in!!! what color is it going to be?
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-28-2013, 12:33 PM Reply   
The Texas flag one? ha

Which one?
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-28-2013, 12:33 PM Reply   
Great looking boats as always Craig.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-28-2013, 12:34 PM Reply   
22 surf machine
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-28-2013, 12:44 PM Reply   
Great looking MB, I am not a huge fan of the interior green color but the exterior gel coat patterns look great. The dash is not the best looking I have ever seen, but who really cares, it does the job and functions with what you need and looks like you have good visibility when driving.

I am heading to lake powell next week and get to spend a few days on a 2013 MB 23 TWB, looking forward to getting a good taste of MB and what it has to offer.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-28-2013, 1:02 PM Reply   
Nice looking boat. Definitely a no-frills stripped down option of the other more expensive boats though.

Sent from my futuristic Apple device while in my office doing nothing.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-28-2013, 1:05 PM Reply   
Thanks Jon. I appreciate that.

Bill, you mean the one with the extra goodies here and there? The one with the new little somethin somethin that were talking about? lol First shipment heads our way September 20th sir. We have to send one out to Mark Gibbs at Boatmate so he can pattern a trailer.
Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-28-2013, 1:24 PM Reply   
Sweet!! That's the one. And I'm on days off sept 25-oct 1. Perfect timing
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       08-29-2013, 6:43 AM Reply   
love the black and charcoal one Craig. Top notch
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-29-2013, 6:49 AM Reply   
Good work Craig... Anything with the new paint scheme's yet?
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-29-2013, 6:50 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by downfortheride View Post
Good work Craig... Anything with the new paint scheme's yet?
Both of those are the new paint scheme.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-29-2013, 7:29 AM Reply   
Check out the new board racks too. You'll notice they went with a different swivel mechanism. Much better. Also, they went with darker logos... And another close up of the windshield. I actually wasn't the biggest fan of the chrome piece but it looks much better in person. The benefit of being able to access the boat and talk with your riders makes great sense. Also lets you put your elbow out as if you were riding in a car. Not for everyone, but I like it.
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       08-29-2013, 7:34 AM Reply   
2014 MB 21 Wide Body
Attached Images

Old     (runin90lx)      Join Date: Sep 2009       08-29-2013, 8:07 AM Reply   
the thing i am most curious about with the new windshield is how soaked is the inside gonna get when you get it weighted correctly to surf. i get wet as it is when a goofy rider is surfing.
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       08-29-2013, 8:20 AM Reply   
I took our 21 WB surfing over the weekend, with that in mind. Not a drop of water on me or the guy to my back. Now, if the wind is blowing in the right direction, that could be a different story.
(full factory, 800# Bag, plate)

Last edited by edgeski1; 08-29-2013 at 8:21 AM. Reason: bla
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-29-2013, 9:20 AM Reply   
Can you use the windshield bling piece as a handle to hold the boat or is it not that strong?
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       08-29-2013, 9:22 AM Reply   
absolutely, the thing is burly
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-29-2013, 9:29 AM Reply   
Quote:
Both of those are the new paint scheme.
The ones I seen was the Malibu looking ish, or is that only for the F series?
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-29-2013, 9:30 AM Reply   
I think that's just the F series.
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       08-29-2013, 9:58 AM Reply   

B52 21 Widebody

F21 Tomcat

ALL New F22 Tomcat

B52 23 Widebody

F24 Tomcat

a Pretty Cool shot of the new 22, shows a good in the water view
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-30-2013, 2:08 AM Reply   
Boats look great... honestly MB's just get better every year. But that should not surprise anybody as MB has really become a collection of design ideas taken from other boats. I've noticed this trend over the past few years. Haven't we all. It's a fact that MB has really stepped up their game, but most of these "innovations" and nice new touches are not original, just good old fashioned imitation

tower: really bad impression of Bu's G3 tower (and no, it doesn't look better in person)
tracking fins: supersized and moved forward in 2012 to mimic Bu's Gorilla fins
interior vinyl patterns: redesigned in 2012 to look/feel like Bu.
gel schemes: this years were all lifted from what Bu has been doing for years, X-pattern was obviously MC inspired.
rear facing seat behind captain chair: lifted from Supra 22 SSV
transom seat: first appeared in '08 on 23 LSV, then magically appeared in '09 on the TWB & F21
new windshield: brought to you by Axis in '09, then MC in '12, finally MB in '14.
interior windshield posts: ripped off from Mc a few years back after suggestion came in from a Mc / Mb dealer
rubber covered racks: pretty sure Supra did this a few years ago
underpowered wetsounds system: first appeared on Tige and Epic, I believe (could be coincidence... maybe Tim's just that good a salesman)

Now to give credit where credit is due... I think MB does spectacular gel coat work. No joke, it's a work of art the way they lay it down.

And before folks get angry, I'm not saying the boats aren't sick... that red & black one Craig posted is pure sex (except the tower). I'm simply saying the design ideas are not original.
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       08-30-2013, 8:59 AM Reply   
tower design, the same guy designed it. And, he addressed the shortfalls of the g3. How it looks is a matter of taste, I personally love the way it looks in person, plus it has just a bit more bend in all the tubes for 2014

Tracking fins, interior, transom seat. MB Hired a R&D guy from Malibu, so that also makes sense. He did a fantastic job

Windshield was on the books strickly because of he new tower, addressing the fact that the tower is in the way for boarding. Smart Move

Gelcoat design... No Comment

Vinyl Coated Racks- Again, same guy from Star One- Everyone needs to do that, perfect example of form following function (rubber inserts always peel out)

In the case of everything being "Lifted" from other companies, we can go on for hours how every company has copied each other. All in the name of progression
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-30-2013, 9:10 AM Reply   
"supra did it" should really be "supra and MB use star one, the same OEM." Supra didn't "invent" the rubber coated rack any more than star one did. You can go to bakes and buy those same racks for most any boat if you wanted to.

For me personally, that's actually what really appeals about MB.... that they essentially use off-the-shelf parts for most everything. Unique innovations that are particular to a specific brand or model can get really problematic when you are talking about a product that doesn't exceed a couple thousand units a year. Think malibu computron, early 2000s san electronic guages etc.

Craig and Zach... can you please, for the love of God and country and baseball and apple pie, tell us that MB has fixed the friggin hour meter so it only runs when the boat is running, not when you are keyed up and off?

Last edited by shawndoggy; 08-30-2013 at 9:14 AM.
Old     (edgeski1)      Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: Portage, Mi       08-30-2013, 10:15 AM Reply   
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-30-2013, 10:29 AM Reply   
I'm certainly going to fix it as soon as my boat is out of warranty. should be very very very easy to tie the hour meter to the fuel pump.
Old     (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       08-30-2013, 4:03 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawndoggy View Post
I'm certainly going to fix it as soon as my boat is out of warranty. should be very very very easy to tie the hour meter to the fuel pump.
they all do it... at least my buddies BU does
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-30-2013, 4:43 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickB52 View Post
they all do it... at least my buddies BU does
no, they don't. guarantee it. Not new ones anyhow.
Old     (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       08-30-2013, 4:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
no, they don't. guarantee it. Not new ones anyhow.
accessory no. On without started yes...
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       08-30-2013, 5:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickB52 View Post
accessory no. On without started yes...
We're going to have to wait for the avalanche of all other boat owners to chime in and establish that you are just plain wrong. New boats don't accrue hours unless they are running. Or unless they are a key'd up MB.
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-30-2013, 5:41 PM Reply   
Do these MB boats remind anyone else of the large size bootleg off brand Lego bricks?

Or is it just me..

Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-30-2013, 5:52 PM Reply   

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       08-30-2013, 6:56 PM Reply   
My Tige does not add hours unless its running. Key turned to run does not run the hour meter.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       08-30-2013, 10:12 PM Reply   
Quote:
Do these MB boats remind anyone else of the large size bootleg off brand Lego bricks?
Yes! I have a 2012 F21... I really wonder when they will throw the "New" to the market ideas... 2013 they came with the flip on passenger seat and hated it since my buddies 2002 SANTE. LOVE my MB but I'm ready for some innovation for an upgrade. Plus side is the wake... DONT CHANGE THE HULL MB.
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       08-30-2013, 10:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
We're going to have to wait for the avalanche of all other boat owners to chime in and establish that you are just plain wrong. New boats don't accrue hours unless they are running. Or unless they are a key'd up MB.
i can't say if mine runs the meter or not... Is it a problem because thats when the stereo turns on or is there another reason to be annoyed? I have my stereo wired to an accessory switch so the only time my key is in the on position is a few seconds with the blower running prior to start
Old     (Jmorlan)      Join Date: May 2013       08-30-2013, 10:26 PM Reply   
They just look funky to me. That B52 is about as deep as it is long. And they look cheapo-depot.
Like I said, I think of those giant lego bricks stacked up on top of each other. Out of place.
Maybe its just me, but I think they look cheap as hell.

Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-31-2013, 7:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Shawndoggy is right... my malibu does not even have a key; it has a power button. The boat can be on with all the accessories running without the hour meter running. The only way the hour meter runs is if the engine runs. I have checked.
Old     (rickB52)      Join Date: Mar 2012       08-31-2013, 8:26 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Shawndoggy is right... my malibu does not even have a key; it has a power button. The boat can be on with all the accessories running without the hour meter running. The only way the hour meter runs is if the engine runs. I have checked.
sorry gang - I could have sworn my buddies 08 LSV did the same with key turned to on....

SD - my bad - I knew I shouldn't question you on this one - you've had both models
Old     (craigtxmc)      Join Date: Oct 2008       09-03-2013, 8:45 AM Reply   
2014 mb 21 wb
Attached Images