Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 06, 2004

Old    tattoobling            06-16-2004, 2:01 PM Reply   
Anybody notice that every picture of Dallas (when she isn't riding) she got cold one in coozy? Nothing better than hot drunk wake board chicks!

Old    swass            06-16-2004, 2:05 PM Reply   
I can probably count the pictures of her that I've seen on one hand. Isn't she like...16 or something?
Old     (rschrock)      Join Date: May 2004       06-16-2004, 2:09 PM Reply   
Anybody read the interview of her in the most recent issue of Alliance Wakeboard magazine? Pretty interesting stuff.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-16-2004, 2:14 PM Reply   
which is why i don't go to see the pro tour...buncha kids drinkin', smokin' pot, blah blah blah.
Old     (gdillyfunk69)      Join Date: Nov 2003       06-16-2004, 2:17 PM Reply   
Yeah I just looked it up on the X-games website and shes only 18... still not legal.. o well she still rips!
Birthdate: 09/06/1986
Old     (jwag)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-16-2004, 2:19 PM Reply   
We need pics!!! I agree with Swass, isnt she very young? Maybe she's got diet coke in that cozy
Old    crowe            06-16-2004, 2:33 PM Reply   
Yeah, and how many of us didn't drink until we were 21.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-16-2004, 3:00 PM Reply   
i suppose what you wrote was cool?

i'm not hatin' the playa(dallas friday, in this case), i'm hatin' the game (pro tour).
Old     (33drew)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-16-2004, 3:07 PM Reply   
teenagers drink everyone knows it and its no big deal (unless they drive)
I say reduce the drinking age to 16 or 18
dumb drinkers are dumb drinkers no matter what age they are
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-16-2004, 3:08 PM Reply   
3 words.... Girls gone wild!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-16-2004, 3:14 PM Reply   
andrew, true...but younger kids are looking up to the pro riders, so don't you think they should set a good example? or be a more positive role model?

i'm not saying stop drinking all together. what you do is your business...but when you do something like drink when you're underage in public, you better expect to get ripped on. do the shizz behind closed doors.
Old    wakelvr            06-16-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
I'm 100% in agreement with Joe.

Do we know for sure that she is drinking alcohol in those pictures? I find it hard to believe that she would do this in public.
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-16-2004, 3:40 PM Reply   
She is totally legal in Calgary. That is all you need to know.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-16-2004, 4:21 PM Reply   
Joe,
Old     (phantom5815)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-16-2004, 6:41 PM Reply   
I think the pic in question is the one from the Malibu Open.
Last time I checked Diet Coke doesn't come in Long Neck bottles But it still can be something other than alcohol.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-16-2004, 6:56 PM Reply   
Ricky G is actually one of the more straight-edge wakeboarder types, with his remarkable attraction of the ladies aside of course.
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       06-16-2004, 7:02 PM Reply   
I'm 19 and drink often because I'm in college and its accepted and i like beer. But, boating and drinkin don't mix. Its not worth it for the DNR to take my boat for a measly couple of beers. But if it wasn't always my boat, me always driving it, and me always driving home, I would defitely wake and drink. Just gotta be resposible.

And please no one start a battle on the drinking age. Everyone knows that resposible drinking in WAY more important than the age of the person doing it. An 18 year old can be more resposible than a 40 year old, and vice versa. It all depends on the situation.

Maybe when i'm 21, my opinion will change.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-16-2004, 7:56 PM Reply   
She seems a wee bit cocky, IMO.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-16-2004, 7:59 PM Reply   
The guy who owns those pics didn't mean to include that one in the batch he sent me, so it's been removed.
Old    cryft            06-16-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
nothing wrong with someone 17 drinking, find an average person that's our age that doesn't drink and that'll be noteworthy...
they should've never upped the drinking age, I mean, we can get drafted but can't legally drink a beer? that's bull
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-16-2004, 8:28 PM Reply   
Coming from a college student I agree with the role model status and her not doing it in public, but hey we know it happens. I enjoy a brew every now and then... do I get drunk and go ride? hell no, thats not even fun, do I drink and drive? hell no, not worth my life, license but first and foremost anybody elses life, but a brew out on the lake enjoying the sun and relaxing never hurt anyone in my eyes anyway... "I mean, we can get drafted but can't legally drink a beer? that's bull" not to be an @$$ but when was the last time you had a beer and you worried about it being legal or you acquired beer and thought damn I should be able to do this... its no big deal getting alcohol so I don't think the age should be lowered. There would be problems associated with it. So I guess what Im saying is... who cares about the drinking age, if you want to drink you can, am I wrong? As far as Dallas drinking... that pic was notably a mistake being posted, she shouldn't do it in public, but I didnt see the pic, was it 'in public' or was it behind the scenes and more of a papparazzi (sp) pic.
Im sure this sounds like a bunch of rambling... but one more thing I'd liek to say, with regards to putting pros at a higher standard than anybody else, they are people too, they do drink, and I remember a post a few weeks ago about park's figure not being model... we are all people, and we do what people will...
Old     (mvl)      Join Date: May 2004       06-16-2004, 8:31 PM Reply   
I don't agree that we should just accept that drinking is ok and kids are fine to do so. Yes, although at 18 you can be drafted, but when you're older, you'll realize that 18=kid! I know, blah blah blah...the exceptions to the rule are always out there, but it is a general comment, like it or not, that's life, older readers will understand that comment, younger ones may not. I won't tell you what to do, it's your business, but just remember there are laws out there, and drinking under the age of 21 is breaking one...you can get in trouble for it. Just get out there and wakeboard! :P
Old    cryft            06-16-2004, 9:00 PM Reply   
both valid points, lets have a toast to that
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-17-2004, 5:53 AM Reply   
“Professional Wakeboarder”…oxymoronic? Given past history it certainly begs the question.

IMHO being a “professional athlete” at the least implies that you are paid to compete at the top level of your chosen sport (role modeling aside). In the case of wakeboarding you are paid by sponsors to compete as well as maintain an image that in indicative of the brands you represent in an effort to increase sales and credibility within the market. That being said I would imagine that sponsors are less than impressed by the photographs in question.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-17-2004, 6:27 AM Reply   
When I saw Dallas at OWC this winter...she was sitting on a bench smoking. While I don't begrudge anyone who smokes, I think it is a bit of a poor choice for someone so high up in the ranks of their professional sport. I think that athletes, particularly someone young like Dallas ought to be a little more conscious of her image. I also thought it a bit over the top to see Parks and one other smoking big stoggies in a WBM ad. I just don't think it's a good image to project about this sport.

Eric
Old     (aneal000)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-17-2004, 6:43 AM Reply   
eric, I agree, that ad was much worse than any of the reef ads.

I really did have to question wtf were they trying to promote with that ad. But then again, we all know that WBM is the leading soruce of information for our children.
Old    tattoobling            06-17-2004, 6:59 AM Reply   
Eric -

WHAT was she smoking?
Old     (bill)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-17-2004, 7:00 AM Reply   
while i dont agree with under age drinking,smoking ,illegal drugs or bad role models set by anybody including profesional athletes ,it is their choice and they have their own decisions to make and life to live..

we can talk about it all we like but look a bit higher to the REAL professional athletes in MLB,NFL,and mostly the image set forth by the NBA..can you say murder,drugs,domestic violence ,rape,thug rap depitcing pot smoking ,drug use and the hating of women and other human beings..these people are paid multi-million doallr long term contracts to play at the highest level of sports and are on TV and have sponsors much much bigger then Wakeboarding has to offer and they get in trouble seems like monthly..hell look at OJ he still doing talk shows and being talked about after all this time.aside from sports you have movie/music stars doig the same thing..not all of them but a small fraction but it doesnt deter their popularity and in some cases enhances it..

face it guys it part of life and it happens and we shouldnt judge others ,live and let live and let it get sorted out in the end..

>>disclaimer<<BTW i watch and love all major sports and listen to rap and havent led a perfect life so i wasnt bagging on all people and athletes or rap music just citing facts ...

:-)
Old    tattoobling            06-17-2004, 7:05 AM Reply   
Hey gang, I don't mean to be getting on this girl's case, there are millions of 18 year olds out there that are wrecking the world. But somebody's got to pull her aside and tell her to keep her nasty little habits behind closed doors.
Old    r_dub            06-17-2004, 8:38 AM Reply   
Man, I didnt realize there was so many goody two shoes in the wakeboarding scene. If it's your son or daughter, then you have every right to be concerned. And if your worried about your son or daughter being influenced by someone they look up, well then you need to talk to them about drugs and alcohol.
Between this thread and the "Reef Girl" thread, some of you people are seriously up tight.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-17-2004, 9:37 AM Reply   
"nasty little habits" I dont find drinking nasty, on the otherhand... smoking, wtf, why do hot girls such as dallas smoke, now thats something I disagree with, smoking is just f-ing gross. You could be the hottest girl in the world and when you smoke you just degrade yourself and aren't as hot... in my eyes anyway, maybe Im a hipocrit because drinking isn't good for you either but I dunno, I can't deal with smoking, whether it be weed, cigarettes (most unnattractive of all) cigars etc... gross
I agree with bill on his points, Im not perfect and don't plan on it any time soon haha but I guess like he said, live and let live, people will do as they choose...
smoking though... gross
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2004, 9:45 AM Reply   
I agree with you there Duane. Plus smoking kills you on an athletic level.
As people know, I never ever drink. But the pic was showing her holding a beer, doesn't mean she's drunk. One beer is no harm, its after the 5-6th beer when you have to be concerned.
Old     (noneya)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-17-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
Typical WW puritans.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2004, 9:46 AM Reply   
Oh sorry, I guess it was American beer, changed that to "20-25th beer".
Old     (hyperlitenrd)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-17-2004, 9:47 AM Reply   
I dont get how people in my age group (im 19) will start smoking, i meen we've been brain washed by all the anti smoking comercials most of our lives, I've seen and read that alot of other pros smoke, I just dont get what they are thinking. Smoking is just so gross, and I'd like to think its common knowledge that its bad for you. I just dislike smoking all together, its probally cause Im from CA. I meen if a kid will buy a board just because parks rides it, they might think hey parks smokes, and he is the best maybe I should pick up smoking. Oh well L8r
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-17-2004, 9:53 AM Reply   
this reminds me of a boob on TV not too long ago....... if you guys have been to other parts of the world alcohol is not such a big deal- it's all about how you use it and being responsible for it-
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-17-2004, 9:55 AM Reply   
haha 20-25th beer
Yea I guess Im out of the loop or something because I dont get why people our age start smoking not even considering how much we've been brainwashed, I still wouldnt do it cuz its gross
btw kristian thats a phat pic bro I gotta get my friends to snap more of me like that except I dont have the killer mtn backdrop
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2004, 10:03 AM Reply   
Thanks Duane, that was taken in San Diego by BillJ last year.

Alex has a point, come to Europe and its not such a big deal, kids usually have wine at dinner and what not and they usually grow to have some sort of respect for alcohol. Making it so forbidden makes kids go crazy when they finally become legal to drink. But thats not the issue here. I do understand she is a role model like it or not, somethings are often best kept out of the press. Personally I don't understand what all the huff is about.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       06-17-2004, 10:18 AM Reply   
Wow I didnt even realize you were from Europe... which country I didnt understand the parenthesis part... but yea Europe is so much more laid back about alcohol yet they aren't... they still have rules for their children pertaining to it. Ive been to italy and the parents I stayed with wanted to abide by the rules and said no drinking etc but they gave me wine, champagne on Easter etc and I went out with my friends and the italians to local clubs and it was so much more laid back, nobody was trashed its just a much better atmosphere... and the people there can handle themselves whereas if you go out here people drink excessively often times and it just gives alcohol a bad rap... btw I like the air over there better too haha, our easter dinner was on a restaurant overlooking a lake, man I wanted to ride...
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2004, 10:33 AM Reply   
I'm from England, and I'm living in France for the moment. They have rules, but they're pretty lax on them, but not like they'll let a kid get drunk, its usally parents discretion. The aperitif is a way of life.

Oh and Italy is amazing, beautiful country and wonderful women.

(Message edited by kristian on June 17, 2004)
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-17-2004, 10:38 AM Reply   
Smoking majorly sux. Aside from everything else it reduces the body's ability to use calcium. If you want to be still ripping it up at my age you should never get hooked. A friend of mine in his 40s just snapped his femur in two going off a ramp. He smokes.
Old    hipidyhopr            06-17-2004, 10:41 AM Reply   
I met Dallas at the X-games in Philly 3yrs ago and she had a totally different attitude than she "appears" to have now. I say appear because I haven't talked to her since then. Three years in the public eye on the PWT can change people...without a doubt. Wakeboarding, along with every other sport out there, will have its subcultures that choose to behave in a certain way, usually not in conjunction with the law, unfortunately. Football and Basketball are no different, and somehow the athletes feel they are protected and/or above the law.

Is it a beer in her hand, at 18 yrs old? Doesn't matter because everyone's first thought when they saw that picture was that it "was" a beer...or an IBC root beet, right? That is the downside to being in the public eye, you don't always get to explain yourself, so you have to be extra careful of your actions and how others would receive those actions.

I, for one, have my personal beliefs and convictions and nobody on the PWT is going to influence me in those areas at 25yrs old. I can't say the same thing for everybody else, that is up to them, but I agree with the mentality that the athletes need to hold themselves to a higher standard or wakeboarding, as a sport, will pay the ultimate price in the long run.

There was a thread about new locations for the PWT...if drunken teenagers, trashed hotels, and illegal substances are associated with wakeboarding, what venue would want to promote that in there area? Hence, the pro boarders will limit the growth of the sport themselves.

I love to ride, I drink on occasion, I "did" wait until I was 21 to drink, I attended a party school for college (Virginia Tech) and yet somehow I managed to make it through alright...to each his/her own, but they must be willing to accept the consequences of their actions.

(Stepping off my soapbox now...:-)

(Message edited by hipidyhopr on June 17, 2004)
Old    dallasfriday            06-17-2004, 10:46 AM Reply   
Hi everyone,
There seems to be a a great deal of talk about a picture on Wakeworld. I don't want to get in a debate, but just to let everyone know... I was at an O'Brien cookout party after the Malibu competition with my sponsors. I was NOT drinking a beer which seems to be the topic of conversation! I had a root beer in my hand when they took the picture. I am completly aware that when I am at the competitions I am in the public eye and do strive to be a good role model. I do make mistakes... we are all human but in this instance it WAS a root beer. I am an athlete and train 3 times a day along with boxing in the evenings. If I was doing what everyone seems to be saying it would be impossible to ride at the level I am. Lately my biggest vice is just chocolate (thanks to Melissa's chocolate basket)! Sorry, to disappoint everyone. Now I have to head out for my set. See ya!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-17-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
how many of you feel like a straight JACKASS now?
HAHA

Old     (raider40)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-17-2004, 11:01 AM Reply   
Thanks for setting the record straight Dallas! Mad props for actually coming on here and posting.

In response to a comment I saw above....can any of you honestly tell me that if you were a pro on the tour and had people or sponsors offering you free food, drinks, etc and being put up on a rather large pedestal that you wouldn't change ONE BIT? I really don't think it's possible.

It takes a very humble & grounded person to remain the same when they're constantly being told how good they are, having trips & things paid for by sponsors, being given boats, etc. There are no doubt some great people on the tour who are grounded and very approachable and for that I commend them.

If you haven't been in their shoes or situation it's very difficult (if not impossible) to comment on what you'd do!

My $.02
Old    tattoobling            06-17-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
None, I ALWAYS drink root beer with a coozie!

(And I wonder Just what is in Melissa's "Chocolate Basket")
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-17-2004, 11:03 AM Reply   
John,
A 34 year old friend of mine just broke a bone in his shoulder catching his 2 year old son, who was rolling off the couch over daddy's head(it was a game they were playing). He doesn't smoke....
E.J.
Old    tattoobling            06-17-2004, 11:06 AM Reply   
Oops, I guess it's clear to put the pictures back up there Dave. It was just good ole A&W.

Although this has been debated time and again Zack, no I don't expect people to change just because they're successful.
Old    mnboarder            06-17-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
So she had a few beers after her set. Big deal. Lighten up. Athletes should not be your childs' role model. Parents should be the primary role model. Should a pro athlete change their behavior because you have a different moral belief or idea of what is right and wrong. I agree drinking underage in public isn't the smartest idea, but I really don't think it is that big of a deal.

Old    hipidyhopr            06-17-2004, 11:25 AM Reply   
Dallas-
Appreciate your willingness to "explain" yourself. Cheers to IBC on the PWT!

Old    dallasfriday            06-17-2004, 11:31 AM Reply   
Back in from my set at O'Town and everyone has been watching the conversation. The chocolate basket was a gift for winning the comp from O'Town, nothing else. I am not always an angel all of the times as my mother can tell you.(17 year old stuff) but I am not really as exciting as everyone is making me out to be. Just wakeboarding...doing what I love!
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-17-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   
E.J. Thanx for the heads up on that. OK everyone you can smoke. Ignore my last post.
Old     (john_d)      Join Date: Apr 2003       06-17-2004, 11:42 AM Reply   
I didn't know Coozie's were reserved for alcoholic beverages. I guess I will throw mine away since I use it only for my pepsi!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2004, 12:08 PM Reply   
Dam, its actually a chocolate basket. I had some good innuendoes line up
Glad you came on here and cleared things up. all this over root beer.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-17-2004, 12:10 PM Reply   

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2004, 12:19 PM Reply   
Thane are you going to switch to only posting ebaum pics, you seem to find one for every situation.
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-17-2004, 12:31 PM Reply   
I do want to add one more thing- This just proves how the pros stay in touch with their sport and DO care what is said and what people think- I have been fortunate enough to meet a lot of pro riders and for the most part all of them have been super nice and really down to earth- this is just another example of that- do you think that someone that is at the top of another pro sport would post on a board when people started trashing them? hell no- Thanks Dallas and I don't think that you should have to explain yourself.

Alex
Old    r_dub            06-17-2004, 12:47 PM Reply   
I 2nd that Alex!
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       06-17-2004, 1:04 PM Reply   
3rd it. Well said Alex. Though I don't think anyone was trashing her, just the situation.

(Message edited by kristian on June 17, 2004)
Old     (sloshake)      Join Date: Mar 2003       06-17-2004, 1:05 PM Reply   
I dont know what you all were looking at...I just noticed that Dallas was hugging another chick!
Old    swass            06-17-2004, 1:18 PM Reply   
Well, let me jump in too: I was fully expecting a 15ish year old; in which case I was going to move on, but, since you're an adult, I don't have a problem telling you as much.

There was no character assassination here. People were commenting on what they thought was a beer in the hand of an underage, popular figure who's in a position to influence the lives of young kids. She's entitled to do as she chooses in private, but I think the general consensus is, we'd like to see her project herself in a positive light when she's representing her sport in public.

I'm glad she explained herself. Good luck to you, Dallas. Give up those cigs, though! When you get to be my age, you'll wish you had.

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-17-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
Dallas,

I would also like to give you props for keeping your head up and having such a positive attitude ( not to mention a HUGE bag of tricks ). Since you have came on the Wakeboarding sceene IMO you have been a great role model for the growing # of girls entering this support.

I have met Dallas a couple times in the past at the Malibu Open / Just Ride stop in Sacremento. She was sweet, cool, humble and very down to earth. She took the time out of her busy schedule to give our girls cordinator Kimmy a sitdown,interview,photos that we posted on GW / local wake site. a couple years back. It was cool of her and very much appreciated. Thanks for giving us the heads up and straightening out the story...

"Can't let anyone hold you down, oh no, you got to keep on moving" ;)

-= peace =-
LzyBoy
Old    hipidyhopr            06-17-2004, 1:31 PM Reply   
Alex-
Careful how you throw "everyone" around. I believe I gave Dallas the benefit of the doubt that it was "root beer" did I not?

But, beer or no beer, the issue most have with the pic is that it portrayed her in a less than positive light. Unfair as it may be, that is how people are and life ain't fair.

I, personally, have no ill-will toward Dallas. As the female riders go, I find her style to be the most exciting and gets me stoked to ride.

All that aside, I think the name calling does not help either party persuade the other of their viewpoint. IMO

Let us not forget the true purpose for being on Wakeworld!
Old    lachlantait            06-18-2004, 5:16 AM Reply   
We are lucky in Aus legal age is 18 but tis excepted at 14-15.
Im actually heading to seattle for the newyears (youth exchange) dont know how everyone will cope!
Old    swass            06-18-2004, 5:40 AM Reply   
In fairness, I think we should concede that the title of the thread suggests a bias on our part. Even if she was drinking a beer, that does not mean that she's a "drunken teenager."

It's hard enough being a teenager; I'm sure it's more difficult when you're under a microscope. If nothing else, I suppose this is a good reminder that people watch what you do and say, and, right or wrong, they make a value judgment based on what they see and hear. I'm sure that's something we should all keep in mind.

Old    swass            06-18-2004, 5:45 AM Reply   
BTW, my "let me jump in too" post doesn't make sense because it lost it's context when it was edited by a moderator.
Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-18-2004, 6:11 AM Reply   
I think it is great that Dallas came here to clear things up a bit. It shows that she has concern for her public image and how it is portrayed. I do believe that pros are humans with all the same vices as me or others. However, with a public persona comes the responsibility of holding to a higher standard. I think that sponsers demand that because of the dollars they pour into a sport. Wakeboarding has a somewhat "couterculture" image like skateboarding so some of the things we see are a bit more permissable. My 4 year old daughter play Wakeboarding unleashed and always chooses to play as Dallas. So, with that in mind I hope she continues to live up to her billing.

If you happen to check in again Dallas, good luck on the tour this year. I hope my daughter and I will run into you at Indianapolis this year.

Eric
Old    pete82            06-18-2004, 7:11 AM Reply   
Dallas and all other pros are still human and have the same temptations. This thread started with someone jumping to a conclusion. Sometimes the conclusion is one that has been affected by previous thoughts or opinions. The fact remains that Dallas cleared herself here because it was an unjust conclusion. She obviously cares about the image she gives out as a pro in this sport. Otherwise she would never have bothered.
She is still alowed to drink root beer isnt she, without someone automatically impliying that she is a drunk teenager?????
Good luck to Dallas!
Old    mandi            06-18-2004, 10:02 AM Reply   
I don't know to many wakeboarders who don't drink and that is sad. For someone like me who has grown up as a Christian their entire life and doesn't drink or smoke and never will. It is kind of disappointing seeing some of your favorite riders drinking. It is so sad that alot of people feel like they have to be drinking to have fun. I have more respect and look up to people more if they don't drink or smoke. Last year I got to meet Shawn Watson I thought he was pretty cool at first then there he was riding his mini bike thing w/a beer in his hand. I love wakeboarding but I also don't want to support people like that.

(Message edited by Mandi on June 18, 2004)
Old    mnboarder            06-18-2004, 10:37 AM Reply   
Mandi, you have a small minded view of the world. Just because someone drinks or smokes, it doesn't make them a bad person. I think judging people is much worse than drinking a beer or smoking a cigarette.

I'm christian also, but I wouldn't consider myself religeous. The biggest problem I have with religeous people is when they try to project their beliefs and morals onto everyone else. Just live life, have fun, and worry about yourself rather than what other people are doing. You'll be much happier.

..but that's just my humble opinion
Old    crowe            06-18-2004, 10:53 AM Reply   
Boy, Mandi, you have just opened a HUGE can of worms! Like Steve said, that is one of the most narrow minded statements i've ever heard! Just because something isn't "healthy" and you partake in the action doesn't make you an awful person. If that was the case, you might as well live in the small world of the four walls of your bedroom.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-18-2004, 10:56 AM Reply   
Hey, didn't Jesus Christ and his disciples drink wine?

Drinking doesn't make the person...it's how that person conducts his/herself if intoxicated.

By the way, if you were a true Christian, you wouldn't judge people...it's a sin to judge.

(Message edited by dakid on June 18, 2004)
Old     (electricsnow)      Join Date: May 2002       06-18-2004, 10:59 AM Reply   
I didn't read all of these posts, but here's my two cents. First, if dallas wants to smoke in public, that's her choice. But on the other hand, it isn't so crazy for her to take some responsiblity for her image, so to speak. I don't know how many of you read transworld skateboarding, but they had this section where a photographer talked about a few of his subjects, with one being matt hensley. He said that matt smoked a lot, but he would never allow any of those photos to be published because he realized that kids looked up to him. Matt Hensley is so cool, and that's totally serious...

Anyway, I'm not disappointed either way, but I thought it was cool that a guy like Matt cared that much.

And as for that jet pilot ad, it came off to me as more of a gangsta thing. Opinions are funny though. I didn't have a problem with the jet pilot ad, but I do have problems when tower companies use slutty looking girls with bikini's a half an inch up from their 'ginas.

Has anyone ever heard jeanne garafolo's (sp) little bit on the "'gina pants?" It's really funny...

Smoking is a reality in life, and I guess so are tiny, slutty bikini's. So I guess we all just have to look past that and love the magazines anyway, right? Pfft...

(Message edited by electricsnow on June 18, 2004)
Old    swass            06-18-2004, 11:02 AM Reply   
its

Sorry - I'm correcting my own grammar. Carry on.
Old    leggester            06-18-2004, 11:20 AM Reply   
Mandi, if youi are professing to being a 'christian', you better review your judgementalism.

Let God judge, it's not your job.
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-18-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-18-2004, 11:49 AM Reply   
Thane, please refrain from visiting, stealing and using pics from ebaumsworld. It's way played. And as a moderator, you should know that you're advertising for ebaumsworld.com, and that breaks forum rules.

(Message edited by dakid on June 18, 2004)
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-18-2004, 12:46 PM Reply   
I can't visit? stealing?

Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-18-2004, 12:49 PM Reply   
haha
Old    vern            06-18-2004, 1:14 PM Reply   
"18=kid"

Not really, at 18-19 you are eligible for the draft. Can make life decicions, and can also be tried as an adult. So if you are treated like an adult, have the responsibilities of an adult, and can be viewed legally as an adult, how come people don't consider you and adult?