Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (wallis_tho)      Join Date: May 2014       07-03-2014, 12:36 AM Reply   

Just found this on Pavati's website and feel that the 'dock start' on the wakesurf board, as well as the riding at night is really dangerous?

Apart from that, I really like this video, and I see they have some cool features. I really the the phone drawer i think thats a really cool idea.
Old     (bwake)      Join Date: Sep 2009       07-03-2014, 1:01 AM Reply   
Grandad in the house?
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-03-2014, 3:28 AM Reply   
Does it affect you or anyone other than the participants?

If not then stop worrying about it.
Old     (alcarlaw1)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-03-2014, 4:44 AM Reply   
I assume the wakeboarding wake is poor as the video was surfing only?
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-03-2014, 5:50 AM Reply   
I assume no one gives a crap. Actually a pretty good video.
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-03-2014, 5:50 AM Reply   
quit being such a nancy
Old     (williamburell)      Join Date: Sep 2011       07-03-2014, 5:59 AM Reply   
although I bet that dock turn shriveled someone up pretty good with that big old pavati blindspot!
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       07-03-2014, 6:22 AM Reply   
haha maybe he didn't see the dock and that surfer was a complete stranger!
Old     (jfergus7)      Join Date: Jul 2011       07-03-2014, 6:40 AM Reply   
Cool video and no big deal I think. Sure it was an empty lake for those scenes just like almost every car commercial on tv.
Old     (cedarcreek216V)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-03-2014, 7:01 AM Reply   
Did anyone else notice on their website a Diesel engine option is available? Interested to see how that pans out.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       07-03-2014, 7:13 AM Reply   
That video was actually awesome.
Old     (iShredSAN)      Join Date: Apr 2012       07-03-2014, 7:49 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattwake View Post
That video was actually awesome.
Agreed, and the guy surfing and doing the shove-its was legit!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       07-03-2014, 7:52 AM Reply   
I only surf when the water is crap

BUT I WANT TO DOCK START NOW!!!!!!!! LOL

I tried to find the video of the guy skimming out to the boat from the beach but had no luck
Old     (Ewok01)      Join Date: Apr 2013       07-03-2014, 7:58 AM Reply   
I didn't see anything dangerous about the dock start, I thought it was pretty awesome. The owner of the dock might not think so.
Old     (atthelake)      Join Date: Mar 2011       07-03-2014, 9:40 AM Reply   
I think that's a great video. Those guys got some pretty sick skills, boat looked cool and the ladies were pretty easy on the eyes. What else could you ask for?
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-03-2014, 9:51 AM Reply   
I don't even know what you guys are babbling about, all I saw was a sweet pair of boobs attached a fine looking life support mechanism covered with a blue bathing suit
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-03-2014, 9:55 AM Reply   
We just ran a full wakesurfing comp at night in Partnership with Malibu Boats. We used lights and glowsticks on the riders. It was very safe. WWA insured it even :-)
Old     (wallis_tho)      Join Date: May 2014       07-03-2014, 11:30 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jarrod View Post
We just ran a full wakesurfing comp at night in Partnership with Malibu Boats. We used lights and glowsticks on the riders. It was very safe. WWA insured it even :-)
Maybe I misjudged the night surfing then, I guess you could make it safe enough with proper lights and enough spotters
Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       07-03-2014, 5:20 PM Reply   
I think the title of the thread should be renamed "new Pavati video showing the fun that could be had if a bunch of worry warts didn't come up with a rule for everything". This reminds me of when I was about 22 years old I Ollied a dock with nobody around and no boats within 100' on my wakeboard. Some guy d who didn't own the public starting dock decided to chase me down because what I did was "dangerous". The irony is I never touched the dock and rode away safe but if I had fallen while he chased me he would've ran me over. You seem like you're coming around already, but don't be that some guy bradleigh!
Old     (scottb7)      Join Date: Oct 2012       07-03-2014, 6:20 PM Reply   
it was a great vid. the girls were great too, but no girl riders? and like someone said, no wakeboarding...
Old     (MattieK27)      Join Date: Mar 2010       07-03-2014, 8:44 PM Reply   
Wait, seriously, that dock start was dangerous? Hang out with barefooters for 5 minutes, then come back any tell me there was one single element of danger to that...

Yikes...

And yea, the girls were enjoyable.
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       07-03-2014, 10:47 PM Reply   
Whats the price on these things? so sick
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-05-2014, 12:57 AM Reply   
Seeing the video, I have more respect for these boats than seeing the pics. They always made it seem like they had more blindspots than normal. About the dangerous deal, this was obviously a demo video, the dock start, while not really ideal, mainly because of either no wake zones by docks or private owners being concerned about their docks isn't really a safety concern in my eyes. About the night surfing, does anyone remember Malibu's surfgate video? That whole thing was shot in complete darkness with very little light and the rider had no visible light source on them. Here he had glowing wrist bands and there was not only transom, but interior lights on the rider. Definitely a safer video of night surfing than the Malibu video, but I don't remember any thread about that here.
Old     (Treyman42)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-06-2014, 6:15 AM Reply   
I don't see how to dock start is any more dangerous than a platform start. Just looked like they were having a good time to me. Pavati could be a serious competitor in the near future if they keep improving their wakes. Remeber they can change their hull on the fly because they don't have to make a mold which is cool.
Old     (racer808)      Join Date: Jan 2013       07-06-2014, 6:56 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post

I tried to find the video of the guy skimming out to the boat from the beach but had no luck
I'm curious on this one. I can't surf in choppy water, the rollers push me out as I'm pumping to stay in. Do the deeper hull boats get rid of the chop behind the boat?
Old     (brycejb328)      Join Date: Aug 2009       07-06-2014, 7:31 AM Reply   
That video was awesome and very well done, definitely showing off the boat in a fun way.

Why no wakeboarding though?
Old     (Nordicron)      Join Date: Aug 2011       07-07-2014, 5:59 AM Reply   
Cool vid! Look forward to one done with the same quality but showing the wake boarding!
Old     (ecore)      Join Date: Jul 2014       07-07-2014, 6:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonblarc7 View Post

Have you watched any phase 5 wakesurfing videos. They have a couple of videos where they skim from the beach to the boat.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-07-2014, 9:34 AM Reply   
video was amazing.
Old     (lovin_the_wake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-07-2014, 10:39 AM Reply   
That dock start was pretty awesome! And night riding is the best, the water is perfect at night! We just strap lots of glow sticks to our vests
Old     (nelson)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-07-2014, 11:32 AM Reply   
Video was done at Lost creek lake in Southern Oregon. Lake is never very busy more fishing boats then anything else. The Dock is floating in the middle of the lake in water well over 100'.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       07-07-2014, 1:03 PM Reply   
Maybe the wakeboard wake is no good, or maybe it's the fact that Wakesurfing outsells Wakeboarding these days. There are more boat buyers looking to surf than there are buyers that want to Wakeboard. It's baffling to me.
Old     (jeff_mn)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-07-2014, 1:08 PM Reply   
Or maybe they just shot a wakesurfing vid? We never think it's weird if a company shows only wakeboarding? why is it worth to shoot different ones for different channels?
Old     (nelson)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-07-2014, 1:19 PM Reply   
They where looking for some good wakeboarders in Southern Oregon on there FB page about the time they did this video. Think they had a hard time finding someone.
Old     (rockballer)      Join Date: Jun 2014       07-07-2014, 1:33 PM Reply   
Quote:
Maybe the wakeboard wake is no good, or maybe it's the fact that Wakesurfing outsells Wakeboarding these days. There are more boat buyers looking to surf than there are buyers that want to Wakeboard. It's baffling to me.
I only bought my boat for surfing. Thats why I went centurion. The dealer even offered me a wake board for free and I opted not to have one. But got them to throw in some gear instead. Being self employed I can not afford to hurt myself. Different strokes for different folks.
Old     (wallis_tho)      Join Date: May 2014       07-07-2014, 2:04 PM Reply   
Maybe this is their surf specific boat? it is a 24ft boat, maybe a smaller on will be a wakeboard specific, or more wakeboard orientated?
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-07-2014, 2:23 PM Reply   
The reason they did a wakesurf only video is because that was THE big question. "It looks good, but how does it surf" If you look back at the Pavati threads here over the last year, they all echoed that. This was their response.
Old     (akdoc)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-08-2014, 9:31 AM Reply   
Does anyone know what these boats sell for? I looked up the dealers on their site and none of the dealers have any info on their website about Pavati at all.
Old     (phathom)      Join Date: Jun 2013       07-08-2014, 10:31 AM Reply   
I know it's over 100k. I want to say msrp in the 120-130s from what I've heard.
Old     (AdamBrewer)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-20-2014, 9:33 AM Reply   
Some answers!

-The wake for boarding is not poor at all! These boats are mostly designed for wakesurfing, and secondly for wakeboarding. For wakeboarding the wake has a very nice crisp lip on it that launches you with ease!

-The video was made to spotlight the surfing wave, we are working on putting together a wakeboarding video with our Pavati demo. Hopefully we can get it done before it gets too cold in Utah.

-Price: The minimum mandated sales price set by Pavati is $128,000. MSRP is $159,000. Demo boats are less expensive.
Old     (hco)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-20-2014, 9:35 AM Reply   
LOL @ their price. They won't sell more than 5.
Old     (AdamBrewer)      Join Date: Aug 2014       08-20-2014, 9:47 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hco View Post
LOL @ their price. They won't sell more than 5.
We have only carried them in our dealership for 4 months, sold one two weeks ago and have one on order. I bet we sell at least 5 next year alone.

I know the other dealers have sold at least 3 this year.

New innovations keep coming with every boat!
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-20-2014, 8:46 PM Reply   
dang those chicks must have been super young when they had those kids
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-20-2014, 10:34 PM Reply   
^^^ Ha! Good one. I was thinking the same thing: where are their real parents? Maybe I missed that Jerry Springer episode...
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-20-2014, 10:48 PM Reply   
I'd be more concerned with how hot that hull gets relative to fiberglass. I like my stuff all black (and no, not like my women) and I can see that being a potential problem. Theoretically, it should be just like a car right? If that's the case, watch out, there's a new Sizzler in town.
Old     (allzway)      Join Date: Feb 2014       08-21-2014, 6:15 AM Reply   
Nice video.. the boat seems to be really nice.
Old     (Laker1234)      Join Date: Mar 2010       08-21-2014, 6:28 AM Reply   
I wish I could afford one. It was cool to see they use glow sticks--that what we do but we also put ours on our life jackets. I don't see how they ride without fins. Cool vid. Nothing dangerous here.
Old     (wakebordr11)      Join Date: May 2001       08-21-2014, 7:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by markj View Post
I'd be more concerned with how hot that hull gets relative to fiberglass. I like my stuff all black (and no, not like my women) and I can see that being a potential problem. Theoretically, it should be just like a car right? If that's the case, watch out, there's a new Sizzler in town.
I doubt black aluminum would be that much hotter than black fiberglass. Either way you won't want to touch it or sit on it when its been baking in the sun all day...
Old    cheesesteak            08-21-2014, 7:39 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebordr11 View Post
I doubt black aluminum would be that much hotter than black fiberglass. Either way you won't want to touch it or sit on it when its been baking in the sun all day...
If in the water, the boat should not get hot. Aluminum is a great conductor - the boat should assume the approximate temperature of the water. If there are dark surfaces above the waterline - they might be a little warmer - but not much.
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-21-2014, 9:53 AM Reply   
Quote:
I feel you on the baffling part Jrod. It is coming full circle. Now we are the old crotchety wakeboarders shaking our fists at the old crotchety wakesurfers for throwing rollers all over the place!!
Old     (NoNceNse)      Join Date: Nov 2013       10-07-2014, 3:04 PM Reply   
Is it just me or does he not really land the dock start? To me it looks like the nose of the board is sinking right before they cut to a different shot. I'm a little new to surfing so I'd love to hear what you guys think.