Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       08-04-2017, 9:40 AM Reply   
SO ,

With very heavy heart I'm selling my beloved V210. The shocking little boat that can. For 2 1/2 seasons this boat has impressed me with its ability to do it all. This is a hull that should be brought back. Nice family is coming to buy the boat today they say. Hopefully I won't be out of the wake life for too long. As my littlest was quickly progressing in both boarding and surfing.

Went out with a buddy on his '15 22VLX last night as his regular crew bailed. I have to say I was not impressed. Not pissing on their product but the screen was glitchy with a constant shallow water alarm going off (we were in 30-60ft), stereo connection problems and a mushy soft wave with no lip and no drive. Have to say this boat handled like a barge compared to the Sanger, I didn't expect that big of a difference but wow. I know with some tweaking the wave could be improved, but my little low 210 with 3300 lbs of water and ass in the boat had tons of drive and a nice defined lip and I could fall 20ft back no issue. I couldn't see myself justifying the extra 100k he has invested over my Sanger. I'll admit the seats and the metal flake were nice tho.

I think my list now goes
1. G23 (dream)
2. Supreme S238 (can do this realistically after watching some youtube this boat impresses me)
3. Supra SA/SG (hearing issues with electrical bits, not cool)
4. Sanger V237 with TOTO mod (when I'm ready to buy again will likely be the most affordable option)
5. Centurion Ri257 (Deadly boat, unsure about resale/depreciation)
6. Bayliner 175 Flight with No Fear Decal on transom
7. 7 or 8 trips to Maui
Old     (Stazi)      Join Date: Sep 2011       08-04-2017, 9:45 AM Reply   
New Moomba Max is coming out very soon. Either that or a Moomba Craz
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       08-04-2017, 9:47 AM Reply   

winner winner chicken dinner
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       08-04-2017, 9:53 AM Reply   
Might have to add a Super Douchey "Wake n' Memories " sticker to my limousine tint rear window. when I'm pulling that Bayliner Tube Monster
Old     (saberworks)      Join Date: Sep 2010       08-04-2017, 9:55 AM Reply   
FWIW I've never been in another vdrive that handled as well as the Sanger V210 I used to have. I just accepted it because I found the wake on other boats (for wakeboarding; never tried surfing behind my sanger) just so much better. Also I hated the engine cover hump (even on the scorpion which I had). Even the new sangers (with the new raptor motors) have that hump.
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       08-04-2017, 9:58 AM Reply   
The hump sucks, kids were always slipping. Anyone here care to comment on the Supra SC surf wave? There's one on Onlyiboards that is absolutely filthy. Just looking at it and i need a cushion to cover my crotch.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       08-04-2017, 11:22 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonade View Post
The hump sucks, kids were always slipping. Anyone here care to comment on the Supra SC surf wave? There's one on Onlyiboards that is absolutely filthy. Just looking at it and i need a cushion to cover my crotch.
If you wanted to know the wave I would look at wake9 on youtube. Not only are they great videos to learn from but I believe they just got a supra. The wake looks AMAZING. The supra at the dock where I go, never seen it out of the slip but i did take a good look at everything, it looks like one amazing boat. From the dealership near bye it seems like they have dropped their prices too compared to other surf boats!!
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       08-04-2017, 11:14 AM Reply   
Supra. Very strong. Electrical issues? Haven't really heard the same. At least not to any abnormal degree. Waves are excellent, boats are SOLID. Impressive if you ask me.
Old     (Shawn)      Join Date: Aug 2011       08-04-2017, 11:46 AM Reply   
I had the DLX which is the same hull as the v210 and freakin loved that thing. I bought it as my "starter" boat with the interion to eventually jump to one of the "big boys" down the road.

I ended up years later in the Sanger v215 and while I still miss the handling of the DLX/v210 line...I have zero regrets and the v215 still handles better then most out there IMO. Recommend a solid look at that model. The 237 is a beast with a significantly wider wake if you are coming from the 210.

Last edited by Shawn; 08-04-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-04-2017, 12:51 PM Reply   
are you on priest?
Old     (Lemonade)      Join Date: May 2015       08-04-2017, 12:53 PM Reply   
Is this "priest" some kind of methamphetamine derivative? No I've never tried priest, and am not interested in your psychedelic phamacotropics Chris.
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-04-2017, 1:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Is this "priest" some kind of methamphetamine derivative? No I've never tried priest, and am not interested in your psychedelic phamacotropics Chris.
Haha. I was just trolling Craigslist and ther is one for sale in priest lake idaho. Thought it might be yours. Good luck finding a new boat. The deeper v hulls definitely ride alot nicer.
Old     (whatshesaid)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-07-2017, 10:41 AM Reply   
Haha, should have keep your old boat. This just seems dumb.
Old     (CALIV210)      Join Date: Jun 2015       08-04-2017, 12:54 PM Reply   
Haven't drove a v237 yet but my cousins v215 handles very well . Not quite the Ferrari like handling the V210 has but still very respectable compared to anything else out there .

Something tells me youll be back in a Sanger ..gets in your blood somehow lol good luck on your next boat
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-07-2017, 11:33 AM Reply   
What about MB? Love the wave and wake on my F-22 Tomcat. The new B-52 23 is supposed to be killer as well.
Old     (Truekaotik)      Join Date: Jun 2012       08-07-2017, 5:31 PM Reply   
Our 2017 Supra SE throws a nice wave with upgrades.
Old     (RPM_DLX)      Join Date: Jul 2010       08-08-2017, 12:50 PM Reply   
I love my V215. I had a DLX20 before and would happily own another Sanger. I cant get over the insane prices of new boats and then I think that I probably wouldn't really benefit from most of what they offer. I'm just a recreational weekend beginner. That being said the new boats look so nice....lol. If money were no object I'd look more closely at the Supra. Staying on a budget the Moomba and MB boats look like really great bang for the buck.
Old     (Darkside)      Join Date: Apr 2015       08-08-2017, 4:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
SO ,

With very heavy heart I'm selling my beloved V210. The shocking little boat that can. For 2 1/2 seasons this boat has impressed me with its ability to do it all. This is a hull that should be brought back. Nice family is coming to buy the boat today they say. Hopefully I won't be out of the wake life for too long. As my littlest was quickly progressing in both boarding and surfing.

Went out with a buddy on his '15 22VLX last night as his regular crew bailed. I have to say I was not impressed. Not pissing on their product but the screen was glitchy with a constant shallow water alarm going off (we were in 30-60ft), stereo connection problems and a mushy soft wave with no lip and no drive. Have to say this boat handled like a barge compared to the Sanger, I didn't expect that big of a difference but wow. I know with some tweaking the wave could be improved, but my little low 210 with 3300 lbs of water and ass in the boat had tons of drive and a nice defined lip and I could fall 20ft back no issue. I couldn't see myself justifying the extra 100k he has invested over my Sanger. I'll admit the seats and the metal flake were nice tho.

I think my list now goes
1. G23 (dream)
2. Supreme S238 (can do this realistically after watching some youtube this boat impresses me)
3. Supra SA/SG (hearing issues with electrical bits, not cool)
4. Sanger V237 with TOTO mod (when I'm ready to buy again will likely be the most affordable option)
5. Centurion Ri257 (Deadly boat, unsure about resale/depreciation)
7. 7 or 8 trips to Maui
You have some outstanding choices there. The S238 would be a great choice, if you can't find a great deal on the Bayliner or wake tractor!
The G23/RI257 are in a different league, but also a big $$$$$ difference as well.
Good call on avoiding the BU, there are numerous better options.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-08-2017, 10:01 PM Reply   
How did your friend have the boat weighted? power wedge 2 set? speed? I owned a 2015 22 VLX for two years, put over 200 hours on it with trouble free ownership and "mushy" would be the last word how I would describe that surf wave. Not trying to say your friend did not know what he was doing, but sounds like the boat was not properly weighted. The 22VLX has a very similar surf wave to the 2017 LSV.

Malibu's new touch screen is one of the best in the industry, simple and well laid out. Tell your friend he might need a software update which is usually done annually. His dealer can do this for him which takes a couple minutes. He can also easily disable that depth alarm on the 7" screen. Depth alarms can be glitchy on any boat.

I don't have any experience with the boats you have listed as options so I am not much help to you there. However, I would recommend visiting your local Malibu dealer and get a demo with someone who knows what they are doing and has the boat properly set up. Malibu/Axis are the top selling boats in the industry, the 23 LSV outsells them all for a reason (I think this is year 9 of it being on the top). They did not get to where they are today by engineering boats that put out sub par waves and wake board wakes. It can definitely leave a bad impression when riding behind a boat for the first time that is not properly setup, and this can be true with any brand.

Last edited by fman; 08-08-2017 at 10:08 PM.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       08-09-2017, 5:17 AM Reply   
Joe,

Have you ridden behind the wake tractor? I have seen them, the first ones in my opinion looked terrible. The new ones however, the tractor-2 looks awesome. I know its now a bayliner but still they look great. A buddy got to test it out and said the wake is really good for the price. They have a heyday wake tractor surf fest I think end of this month in NC I might hit up. Also they are shipping several new ones up to our area to be put together for a dealership show I might hit up. They aren't as fancy as the other boats but to get in a brand new boat for under 50 k, that throws a good wake for surf and wake board is awesome!
Old     (flatbroke)      Join Date: Jun 2013       08-08-2017, 10:17 PM Reply   
Bought my '01 V210 from the original owner in '14 with 325 on the clock. Meticulously kept. Always went back to Fresno for any added work. The guy raised his family on it. I had wanted one since the late 90s but couldn't justify the cash with 4 kids and a house. Deal finally popped up and I was ready. When I picked it up the guy's daughter (who was going to college and apparently REAL attached to the boat) was giving me dirty looks the whole time. Actually made me REAL uncomfortable.

If I had the funds to spend, younger and was a much more serious rider , Id be willing to try out the bigger Sanger. We haven't been let down by the little Sang Dog yet.

FWIW, the Wife and kids just got back from the 4th trip to Haiku as well.

A sacked out Bayliner with a No Fear sticker is always timeless though.
Old     (Darkside)      Join Date: Apr 2015       08-09-2017, 6:40 AM Reply   
We had a dealer with WT-1 and they couldn't sell them. Understandably, they were an abomination. So i haven't seen a WT-2, it has to be better, the first one was so bad!
Back to the original topic, there are great choices there. The 23LSV is a great jack of all trade boat, but as for top notch surf boat, the wave is not there. In fairness the 2016 is the newest LSV i have ridden. The 2018 may be better, but i dont have much faith in that. The wave is soft, and lacks the push when compared to other boats on your list.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       08-09-2017, 6:46 AM Reply   
I will be interested to see all the different waves this Saturday. We are having a little surf fest and there will be new mastercrafts, new LSV, new axis, possibly a brand new supra surf machine. Only boat that wont be there is a sanger since they are big on the east coast area. I cant wait to see all the waves.
Old     (Darkside)      Join Date: Apr 2015       08-09-2017, 7:28 AM Reply   
That would be fun! I would love to see an event like that here. In my area the BU/Axis is popular, #2 is Nautique, #3 Centurion, 4th MB, then Tige/Supra/MC.
It is funny how different each area is. I know of 1 guy who had a Sanger here, he just traded it for T23. When we were in TN in June no one had seen an RI, here they are very common.
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       08-09-2017, 7:41 AM Reply   
My bad I thought you meant z1 the tige, the centurion rI, I haven't seen but I am sure I follow a few people on instgram who ride it! and their videos look great!
Old     (TNwakeboarder86)      Join Date: Sep 2016       08-09-2017, 7:38 AM Reply   
Joe,
I agree, I recently just organized this because I been wanting to get our surf world to grow here. I been told by my friends at Malibu that the t23 is amazing! I have yet to see it. I actually met someone through these chats that has the tiges your talking about and their photos look amazing. I been dying to ride behind one as well just haven't had anyone with tige here either.

With the HQ for Malibu supra Moomba axis up here in tn that's why we see mostly these boats. I have only seen once on our lake a tige and centurion. But neither of them really ride them. More cruise to the bar on the lake HA
Old     (Darkside)      Join Date: Apr 2015       08-09-2017, 7:50 AM Reply   
Here its funny, the BU/Axis dealer is VERY wakeboard centric, the other dealers are very Surf centric. Not to say people dont wakeboard behind a G, or surf the LSV's, but its just funny.
We have a fairly good sampling in the group i hang with. 1 2015 22MXZ, 1 2017 M235 (just upgraded from 2016 24MXZ), 1 2017 T23, 1 2015 Enzo FS33, 2 2017 RI257.
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       08-09-2017, 8:43 AM Reply   
Curious has Correct Craft done anything new or different with Supreme since purchasing????
Old     (Dandy21)      Join Date: May 2016       08-09-2017, 9:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by tampawake View Post
Curious has Correct Craft done anything new or different with Supreme since purchasing????
I was wondering the same thing. Also surprised that the OP isn't considering the 226 instead of the 228. I believe there has been more positive feedback about the 226 performance over the 228. Not sure if the additional space is needed or not.
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-09-2017, 9:24 AM Reply   
Surf wave styles are subjective to riders taste which will vary... the OP should demo different boats. I would not say Malibu/Axis are focused on wake boarding only... they offer plenty of options in the Axis and Malibu lineup that produce great surf waves that are easy to dial in. They are also improving this in 2018 with the new launch of the redesigned 23 LSV, A24, and T22. Axis is now offering the Power Wedge 2 which is a great addition for wakeboarding and surfing.
Old     (Darkside)      Join Date: Apr 2015       08-09-2017, 10:17 AM Reply   
There is nothing the same about the Supreme that is the same. But it is not CC, it is the leadership changes. They are building things differently than anyone else right now. They have a new philosophy, do it right the first time, not simply good enough.
Old     (Darkside)      Join Date: Apr 2015       08-09-2017, 10:27 AM Reply   
http://www.boatingmag.com/2017-centu...lman-interview