Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-08-2014, 8:25 PM Reply   
My boat came with a Fulton F2 jack, but it wasn't installed. I just couldn't stomach the adapter plates I was finding as the least expensive one I found was $76 shipped. I was all set to make my own when I came across this one on e-trailer:

http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-...n/F500320.html

Only $28 + $7 value shipping. I can live with that. It's 1/2 the price of the other adapters out there!

Picture of the actual adapter:

Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-08-2014, 8:31 PM Reply   
Install was super easy.

1) throw away bolt and spacer from OEM jack.

2) mount plate with supplied bolt (I put some anti seize on there)

3) Mount Jack to adapter plate using supplied hardware (the adapter plate is threaded so you don't need nuts)

Adapter mounted:

Jack mounted:

(note, the jack has adjustability as the swivel part can slide up or down on the aluminum outer shaft. to adjust it, you loosen BOTH bolts on the jack's swivel piece and slide it up or down. I have the jack in the factory spot which allows it to go more lower than higher...)
Old     (jamespjackson95)      Join Date: Jul 2012       10-08-2014, 9:25 PM Reply   
U forgot to take the other jack off
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-08-2014, 9:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamespjackson95 View Post
U forgot to take the other jack off

That happened about 5 minutes later.

The oem jack bent, the previous owner threw one on to get by while he ordered the F2. Then I bought the boat, bought the adapter plate, installed the F2 and then removed the temp jack.
Old     (bjeremi)      Join Date: Mar 2006       10-09-2014, 11:15 AM Reply   
Nice!
Old     (john211)      Join Date: Aug 2008       10-09-2014, 12:34 PM Reply   
That plate looks like it'll do the job nicely.

I went to a lot of trouble to draw up my own design and then have made on a CNC mill out of plate aluminum. That was needless. I haven't been too impressed by my F2. It has some flimsy play in it, and the stroke is short.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       10-09-2014, 12:55 PM Reply   
My F2 was a piece of junk! I tried to get a refund, but lost my receipt, and Fulton told me to bad!! The gear inside broke, I found a replacement part but haven't bought it yet. My 29.99 cheapo jack has been working way better then my F2. I will never buy another one!
Old     (whiteflashwatersports1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       10-09-2014, 1:05 PM Reply   
My F2 sucks!! Had to replace original F2 with another one when it failed right before a long trip and I did not have time to mess with a new mounting plate. This one is starting to seize up the same way original did. Total piece of sh@#
Old     (trayson)      Join Date: May 2013 Location: Vancouver WA       10-09-2014, 1:19 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by john211 View Post
That plate looks like it'll do the job nicely.

I went to a lot of trouble to draw up my own design and then have made on a CNC mill out of plate aluminum. That was needless. I haven't been too impressed by my F2. It has some flimsy play in it, and the stroke is short.
I might need to adjust where it's mounted along the shaft. Not sure yet.

The seller of my boat bought the jack and included it with the sale. So I basically inherited the jack. just had to finish the install.