Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-22-2014, 7:21 PM Reply   
The Videos are all done, we have 2 put together by Ashley Chugg with special thanks. One is the full recap with setups and all, and the other is a fun video filled with crashes. He did a great job. Its taken a while because getting all of the riders to complete the paperwork has been a bit like herding cats. There are still 4 riders that need to finish, which is too bad.

That said, we will have all the reviews and videos released on Tuesday morning. I created a quick 1 minute video of some of the slowmo iPhone 6 video for fun.

Old     (tahoesurfer)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-22-2014, 11:09 PM Reply   
Nice teaser Robert can't wait for Ashley's videos!!!
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-23-2014, 8:53 AM Reply   
The T22 goofy wave looks major
Old     (pennery)      Join Date: Jul 2006       11-23-2014, 9:47 AM Reply   
Awesome..
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-25-2014, 4:27 AM Reply   

And the Crash Video:

Special thanks to Ashley Chugg of LakeFace Productions, inc.

All of the reviews, minus a couple of slackers can be found

Old     (piper907)      Join Date: Dec 2011       11-25-2014, 8:55 AM Reply   
GREAT WORK on the videos
PB 2014 was EPIC!
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-25-2014, 9:01 AM Reply   
I have only had the chance to read about half of the great information logged here. I look forward to reading these reviews every year so let me say thank you!
It is fascinating to see how different people are or how similar a big group of reviews will be and then you find those 2 or 3 reviews that say the complete opposite from the other 35 but that's what makes this so great.
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-25-2014, 9:16 AM Reply   
Also great job on the web site, navigating the reviews is smooth!!!
Old     (tahoesurfer)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-25-2014, 9:51 AM Reply   
More great videos from another great event. Good job Ashley. Polar Bear is always a blast!!!!!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       11-25-2014, 9:57 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by nailem View Post
Also great job on the web site, navigating the reviews is smooth!!!
+1! Very cool! Thanks for compiling the data and thanks to everyone for writing a review!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-25-2014, 10:57 AM Reply   
Thanks, RJ actually came up with that interface and wrote it, works really well.

I sit there and read through everyone, its fascinating to me. I can get all these boats out at one time or another and take out RJ and a few others and bloviate what I think, but nothing compares to reading what so many people think.

This year, if you notice, I added in to the rider data, which boat and boards they currently own. I think that helps understand their perspective.

Its also amazing to me just how good all of those boats were, there was no turd. And it makes the clear point, that wakes are like shore breaks, they are not all the same and each have their favorites.
Old     (Greeko)      Join Date: May 2013       11-25-2014, 4:29 PM Reply   
Was a fantastico Event! I look forward to the next one!
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-26-2014, 7:19 AM Reply   
I think it would've been nice to add which side of the wave people surfed because some boats still have better waves on one side vs the other. Example, the T22 had an obviously better goofy wave then the mellow regular side with the line transition. My friend has an FS33 and the regular wave is better than goofy (still typical of Centurion)
Old     (you_da_man)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-26-2014, 7:32 AM Reply   
^^^ meant to say the T22 regular wave is mellow with lots of flat transition (skimmer wave)
Old     (stingreye)      Join Date: Oct 2012       11-26-2014, 8:13 AM Reply   
Awesome stuff Robert! Wish I could have made it this year. I was wondering if the boats would be setup well vs last year when you had a great group of enthusiasts that setup their own boats. Glad to hear all the boats were dial (except the Z3 on day 1).

The Goofy vs Regular is on the reviews under "rider" Orientation.

They also include surf vs skim preference which is helpful too in understanding different rider preferences.

On another note, some killer surfing there! Nice edit!
Old     (nailem)      Join Date: Apr 2011       11-26-2014, 8:57 AM Reply   
Another cool thing to add to the boat and board description would be suggested MSRP.
I know the boats may be a bit tricky but you could do a base as tested. another words:
Centurion: CATS + Ram fill + PNP + motor option =
or
Supra: Swell + motor option + lead =
no need to include things like stereo up grades.
Just a thought
Old     (LIFEFORM_LED)      Join Date: Oct 2013       11-26-2014, 9:30 AM Reply   
Did Pavati have a boat there?

http://lifeformled.com/
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-26-2014, 9:59 AM Reply   
@A.J. Rider Orientation is def there, you are correct, that is an important piece of information.

@nailem I don't disagree but price is a tough one.

@tap no, they were planning to but had an issue and couldn't bring it.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       11-26-2014, 11:59 PM Reply   
Wasn't sure what to expect and ended up having an awesome time. It was a good friendly atmosphere. Everyone was so chill.
Old     (dDubya)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-08-2014, 2:33 PM Reply   
I have watched both videos like 17 times. Awesome job Ashley! I'm glad we got a chance to ride together at the event. Mr. Ragboy, I'm sure you've heard this already but BEST POLAR BEAR YET! You and the rest of the wake9 team put on a super event; fun and very professional. Thank you again.
Old     (gator808)      Join Date: Jun 2014       12-08-2014, 5:13 PM Reply   
awesome video! Cool event too....I would like an event like that to be in Georgia. I have been leaning so much towards a axis t22 because I have seen some pretty sweet waves and the price point. I really wish that boat in particular wasn't loaded down so much because 90% of the people who own that boat are not going to put near that ballast in there. I would like to hear reviews of how the lip, length, and wave of T22 boat is with standard ballast and php. After seeing this review it seems like that axis t22 is a bad wave. If anybody has any reviews of their own regarding the T22 I would love to hear about it. Thanks
Old     (LouZahr)      Join Date: Aug 2011       12-08-2014, 7:37 PM Reply   
Danny D check out - http://southernsurfest.com

I went last year with a couple buddies. Great event run by great people. Would highly recommend it. Plus the organizer goes to Polar Bear every year. We registered for the event again this year. Had a blast hanging out and learning from the pros that were there.
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       12-08-2014, 8:59 PM Reply   
I wouldn't say the T22 is a bad wave. I remember getting feedback from RJ and a bunch of riders regarding the Supra, and it was described as flat with no lip, but come the polar bear, I heard nothing like that, all good. Newer boats on the market take a bit longer to get dialed. And then there is the whole thing of personal taste.

Another example is the Nautiques. Weighted flat, they usually have dirtier wakes, still good, but not so clean. List em a bit, and they clean right up.

Our Z3 weighted a bit different can have a worse transition. Rob's 226 can be rolled over too much, but then Janelle really likes that sometimes.

There are so many variables, and everyone likes something a bit different. One negative thing I see about the T22 is that you can't get a power wedge or the nicer interior in it, but again, those add $$.

Its great to see so many choices in wakesurfing.