Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       11-30-2017, 6:51 AM Reply   
But g's outfit to ride a bike kills me!! No coming back from that burn!
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       11-30-2017, 12:54 PM Reply   
Red ,this is how I ride my bike
Attached Images

Old     (infinitysurf)      Join Date: Apr 2017       11-30-2017, 2:05 PM Reply   
lol
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       11-30-2017, 4:51 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
Overthink things much? Good gravy, guy can post whatever he wants and title it whatever he wants. Doesn’t need to be judged in written form by everyone. People like Moose keep life interesting! It take all types, guys.
Nope I don't overthink things but no matter what gets posted on these forums, someone's got an opinion on it. So if you are gonna post, be prepared for someone to chime in with something that may not be in line with your views.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       11-30-2017, 6:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by svnfightsvn View Post
Nope I don't overthink things but no matter what gets posted on these forums, someone's got an opinion on it. So if you are gonna post, be prepared for someone to chime in with something that may not be in line with your views.

You very carefully and methodically criticized his thread title, suggested the thread should not have been posted in the first place, bashed the reasoning for fixing this boat, and deemed his website useless. Among some others shots I cannot recall.

You were not really disputing anyone’s opinion by offering counter info or another view, you were judging another guy as stupid. More or less.

Re-read your post. It was pretty pointless other than to condemn. All when the dude is just showing how to put some lipstick on an old pig of a boat.
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       11-30-2017, 7:00 PM Reply   
Yup moose is the dude. I remember a couple of years ago the keyboard warriors were tryin to get him and he posted a pic of him drinking a beer and bbqing with a lil hibatchi at sunset on the beach. That's straight up winning.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       11-30-2017, 7:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddog78 View Post
Yup moose is the dude. I remember a couple of years ago the keyboard warriors were tryin to get him and he posted a pic of him drinking a beer and bbqing with a lil hibatchi at sunset on the beach. That's straight up winning.

Just flat out ripping him makes no sense to me. He looks like an OG to me. Would like to chat with him sometime. Bet it would be worth it 100x!
Old     (svnfightsvn)      Join Date: Mar 2011       12-01-2017, 4:58 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
You very carefully and methodically criticized his thread title, suggested the thread should not have been posted in the first place, bashed the reasoning for fixing this boat, and deemed his website useless. Among some others shots I cannot recall.

You were not really disputing anyone’s opinion by offering counter info or another view, you were judging another guy as stupid. More or less.

Re-read your post. It was pretty pointless other than to condemn. All when the dude is just showing how to put some lipstick on an old pig of a boat.
I would not have called my post methodical lol. I was simply agreeing with someone else's views. The only reason I suggested the thread not be posted in the first place was to avoid the backlash that has ensued. I was also not bashing the reasons for fixing the boat. If you read my post again, I stated that I'm sure there are folks willing to accept that kind of quality in a fix. I did kinda bash the website tho. Not gonna deny that. Guess that deserves the wakeworld whipping stick
Old     (MICAH_HARPER)      Join Date: Apr 2010       12-01-2017, 5:04 AM Reply   
To many divas on WakeWorld these days.

Moose.....keep on Moosin!!
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-01-2017, 5:09 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by svnfightsvn View Post
I would not have called my post methodical lol. I was simply agreeing with someone else's views. The only reason I suggested the thread not be posted in the first place was to avoid the backlash that has ensued. I was also not bashing the reasons for fixing the boat. If you read my post again, I stated that I'm sure there are folks willing to accept that kind of quality in a fix. I did kinda bash the website tho. Not gonna deny that. Guess that deserves the wakeworld whipping stick

No you’re missing the fact that you ARE the whipping stick. Defending a post like that? C’mon man.

Last edited by dakota4ce; 12-01-2017 at 5:11 AM.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-01-2017, 5:24 AM Reply   
See: the comma remark. If you weren’t trying to be a soap box d-head, you sure sounded like one. That’s my point.
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       12-01-2017, 5:53 AM Reply   
Triple OG. Surfer/skater the realist.
Old     (dakota4ce)      Join Date: Oct 2015       12-01-2017, 6:51 PM Reply   
Moose—you know my SoCal beach guy Marty Squires? Venice area.
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-01-2017, 8:22 PM Reply   
I showed you the BEST way to Fix gelcoat cracking ,I've seen these DIYers try to show you how to fix gelcoats ,grind out the crack and fill it with Kitty hair then sand it and primer it and L/P paint it ,to do it right takes a LOT of Time and $$$ most shop rates are $100+ an hour,But that don't fix the problem,It covers up the cracking for a year or so ,ITS GOING TO START CRACKING IN OTHER PLACES ,IF YOUR GOING TO STOP THE CRACKING FOREVER YOU MUST LAY 2 LAYERS OF 4 OZ DOWN ,,,Then Sand, Prime,Fill,Sand,Prime ,Glazz,sand,Prime ,then paint with L/P paint (at $350~$800+ for a gal kit)and it STILL wound be BETTER than NEW ,this is hard stuff to do,No Matter WHO YOU R ...My bro payed about $4K for the Boat ,and it ran GREAT,I open my mouth and said I can give it a Cabon Fiber look ,and Glass it like My Boat ,because painting is a LOT of work and NOT Cheep ,,,It dosen't matter what a boat looks like as long as it gives off a good Wake,And if you can have fun on the Cheep ,Good for Us,you don't need $80K to go ride,I colored my Boat up for less than $100 and I was STOKED on the way it looked ...
Attached Images

Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       12-02-2017, 9:35 AM Reply   
moose surprised you ain't ditched them boots and started wakeskating yet.
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-04-2017, 8:52 PM Reply   
Red we NEVER had boots we ride Butter Raps on a Sliding Adjustable Track ,my boards ARE wakeskates ,,,
Being from Da OC ,We surfed Newport & Huntington witch is a powerful beach break,And being 240 lbs,I all ways dreamed of riding a 5'4'',But I'd never catch a wave ,NOW all I have to do is hold a Rope AND RIP,Endless waves that Nobody ever cuts me off ,Fast and lined up like Newport,,,watch my board go rail to rail,and threw HUGE spray,,,watch the Whip, I pass the Boat up and I weight 240,,,thats called PERFECT Rocker ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4uxlTE3e6U
STILL WAITING TO SEE THAT DIY VIDEO ON FIXING CRACKED GELCOATS ,DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE IT IS???
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-04-2017, 9:02 PM Reply   
I've never seen Spray so good. Front side slash, backside slash, front side slash. Amazing.
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-05-2017, 6:11 AM Reply   
Quote:
Red we NEVER had boots we ride Butter Raps on a Sliding Adjustable Track ,my boards ARE wakeskates ,,,
Being from Da OC ,We surfed Newport & Huntington witch is a powerful beach break,And being 240 lbs,I all ways dreamed of riding a 5'4'',But I'd never catch a wave ,NOW all I have to do is hold a Rope AND RIP,Endless waves that Nobody ever cuts me off ,Fast and lined up like Newport,,,watch my board go rail to rail,and threw HUGE spray,,,watch the Whip, I pass the Boat up and I weight 240,,,thats called PERFECT Rocker ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4uxlTE3e6U
STILL WAITING TO SEE THAT DIY VIDEO ON FIXING CRACKED GELCOATS ,DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE IT IS???
The Moose is loose! Props if you're still riding after all these years.
Old     (cadunkle)      Join Date: Jul 2009 Location: NJ       12-20-2017, 8:46 AM Reply   
Good grief, didn't even remove the rub rail. I wonder what kind of surface prep he did, if any. Rusted windshield channel, just glob on caulk? I either do repairs proper on my old junk or not at all until I have the time to do it proper. None of this costs a lot of money, just time and effort. It makes me a little sad to see a classic inboard done wrong like that, just like it's a shame to see people cut up classic bike frames for their hackjob "cafe racer", or butcher a classic car. Be that as it may, it's his property so he can do what he wants with it. You can't save them all.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-21-2017, 6:46 AM Reply   
Poster updated.
Attached Images

Last edited by chattwake; 12-21-2017 at 6:48 AM.
Old     (skiboarder)      Join Date: Oct 2006       12-21-2017, 7:48 AM Reply   
The Moose is a WW legend. I don't understand why people take pleasure tormenting him. Live and let live. I would love to have his stoke level for a day.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-21-2017, 10:37 AM Reply   
^^^ What I have come to understand “when posting about moose”, is if you point out the odvious (like his carbon fiber repair job above is total hack) people get pissed at you like your picking on a special needs person, which I agree is totally messed up. While pointing out the odvious is a trademark of W/W, this does not apply when posting about the Moose. Any bit of criticism or truth is pointed out as your “tormenting a legend” as Ski boarder points out.

P.S Chat comes threw again!
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       12-21-2017, 3:04 PM Reply   
Gold Jerry. Gold!
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-22-2017, 7:30 PM Reply   
g~eee????keeps on wizzzing himself ,Hack my a$$ you have no Idea on how to fix gelcoat ,i saw your DIY clip ,Your a JOKE ,who Are you to put the work that I do ,where I live people drive 3 hour to have me fix there boats,I fix this boat 2 months ago took less than 2 hours,,,all you got to do is look at your picture ,,,KOOK
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-23-2017, 10:18 AM Reply   
^^^ Hey Moose. That’s a nice repair job on the blue boat . You should have posted photos of that repair job. Your crazy if you think your carbon fiber gel coat fix looks good. And yes I stand by my words it’s Hack.
Old     (aricsx15)      Join Date: Jan 2014       12-23-2017, 1:19 PM Reply   
Looks like that blue boat is spray painted
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-23-2017, 6:19 PM Reply   
Jet Ski ,took me longer to wait for the primer to dry ,than to fix the ding,,,UV hardinger...
YES both repairs spayed with Rust~oleum
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-23-2017, 11:51 PM Reply   
Painted with Rust~oleum !
Ok moose you are Either #1 Very Very Funny & I hope that’s the case! Or #2 a paint/glue Huffer.
Old     (onlyinboards)      Join Date: Oct 2014       12-24-2017, 8:50 AM Reply   
this thread is the gift that keeps on giving. Merry Christmas!
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-24-2017, 8:55 AM Reply   
Like the "jelly of the month club"?

The gift that keeps on giving the whole year thru....
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-25-2017, 1:41 PM Reply   
Hey have you guys seen the “There I Fixed it” photos/videos
https://youtu.be/cZWXFdAAzxU
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       12-26-2017, 9:52 AM Reply   
#kook
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-26-2017, 6:56 PM Reply   
g~eeee???? why U keep wizzing on yourself???I've seen the DIY gelcoat repair #KOOK #KOOK ,,,That little chip ???All you need is a razor blade ,DO NOT MAKE A CRATER LIKE g~eeee wizz... and DON'T wipe the area with acetone,take the razor and pick out the loose stuff out ,and then take the razor and rub it over the chip,,to break the shine ,,,take a small stick and fill the chip ,,,and put a small peace of WAX PAPER over the chip about 2~3X the size of the chip ,,,air pressure will even it out over the chip ,and suck it smooth,,,then sand with 320,400,600,800,1,000 and polish with compound,,,since you DID'T WIPE THE BOAT WITH ACETONE ,the extra Gel coat WONT STICK TO THE BOAT AND FEATHER NICE ...REPAIR LIKE THIS SHOULD TAKE YOU ABOUT 10 MINS IN LABOR,,,,,DO NOT USE PACKING TAPE ,WAX PAPER WILL MAKE IT NOT STICKY,,,DONT BE A #KOOK...
Attached Images

Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-26-2017, 7:15 PM Reply   
When i fix boats ,,,First people dont want to spend anything on a repair ,so I do it as cheep as I can ,I tell about painting it with L/P and then tell them it will cost about $150 for a Quart kit or $4 for Rust~eleum ,,,25 years ago I had a boss that We fooled Government inspectors ,Using Rust~eleum,instead of gel coat ,,,,Gel coat DONT SPRAY LIKE PAINT AND THEN YOU GOT SPRAY P.V.A. OVER THE GEL COAT ,,,AND NOW YOU GOT WAIT 6 HOURS TO COLOR SAND ,,,Rust~eleum,you can color sand in about 2 1/2 hours... the blue boat Fixed in a hour $250 ,Jet Ski hour $120...Guess who's coming to Dinner,,,Natty Dreadlocks...
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-26-2017, 11:26 PM Reply   
Hey Moose: I did that gel repair more then 8 years. Never having done a gel repair ever. I took the boat out TODAY guess what you still can’t see the repair to this day. I guess I did somthing right?
Cheers to Butter as far as you can see and Warm weather the day after Christmas!
Attached Images

Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-27-2017, 12:39 PM Reply   
Moose! All the power to ya if people are paying you for patch work... Just think your thread title should read "You got Cracks in your gelcoat,,,THIS IS HOW YOU HIDE THEM..."
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-27-2017, 2:43 PM Reply   
Gotta love those December Cali water conditions. We were out two days before Christmas. Full suit made it tolerable. Had the whole place to ourselves.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-27-2017, 3:49 PM Reply   
Moose: sorry I didn’t follow your instructions. I paid like $50 for the Gell from spectrum & a few more bucks in Aceatone and Chemical Tape. That’s what the green tape was at the time, Chemical resistant tape. I fixed it myself in a afternoon in my garage. 8+ years later it still looks like this . I just took these photos 5 mins ago. I think it still looks good for a guy with no website, no street cred & wears a monkey suite when I ride my bike
Attached Images

Last edited by grant_west; 12-27-2017 at 3:57 PM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       12-27-2017, 4:29 PM Reply   
Looks mint G
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-27-2017, 4:41 PM Reply   
Yeah g~eeee??? the repair does look great ,fixing new stuff is easy ,But when some things are 20~25+ years ,that a whole new game .... I just show how to do it in 15 mins
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-27-2017, 6:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Moose: sorry I didn’t follow your instructions. I paid like $50 for the Gell from spectrum & a few more bucks in Aceatone and Chemical Tape. That’s what the green tape was at the time, Chemical resistant tape. I fixed it myself in a afternoon in my garage. 8+ years later it still looks like this . I just took these photos 5 mins ago. I think it still looks good for a guy with no website, no street cred & wears a monkey suite when I ride my bike
I don't know, Grant. I think I see a speck of dust on your boat. LOL
Old     (meathead65)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-27-2017, 7:46 PM Reply   
You get what you pay for. You want it done right, no glass guy worth using is gonna even open the shop door for 125 bucks. You want slam bam rust-o-Lee-am, than 125 obviously can get it done.
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-28-2017, 11:13 AM Reply   
G you got street credit in my eyes !!!!!!!
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-28-2017, 11:15 AM Reply   
And Grants boat is what 1998 air nautique so that's what 20 years old now.

Good point Moose LOL
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-28-2017, 12:36 PM Reply   
Blair my boat is a 2002. So right in their at 20 years old. But to Moose’s point the finish on my boat was in pretty good shape to begin with. I agree with Moose it’s easyer to match up
Or blend a repair with a nice new finish. Trying to blend in a repair with a old beat down finish, well I don’t even know how you would do that?

If I had to do a repair again I would do it exactly the same as I outlined in my DIY. The worst part of this repair is having to dig into or gouge out a repair. Taking a DREMEL tool and bit and making a small ding or scratch larger takes some serious commitment. And the reason you do this is so that the Gell has somthing to bight into. The more the Gell has to grab onto the better it’s gonna stick and NOT pop or crack later. I would also add” the higher the traffic aera the more important this step is” In a place that gets little to no wear I don’t think you have to create a canyon.

Last but not least. “Hey moose” when you have people stealing photos of your Repairs & posting them on Craig’s list as work “they did” to draw in business, then that’s some serious streeet cred LOL
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=679173
Attached Images

Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-28-2017, 9:46 PM Reply   
G what are you doing continuing this? Everyone here can clearly see you don’t cut corners and have provided a ton of insight. Come on man.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       12-29-2017, 7:22 AM Reply   
That Craigslist ad is solid gold.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-29-2017, 8:07 AM Reply   
Detox: I was trying to back out of this thread with out insulting anyone and getting a laugh at a thread from the past, imo everything is cool, or at least I hope so?
Old     (tre)      Join Date: Jul 2002 Location: WI       12-29-2017, 8:34 AM Reply   
G, you're all good. Murray and G both seem like good guys and G has long been a great contributor here. This was entertaining but nowhere near as entertaining as some classic Lon wakeworld gold: http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=780094

Last edited by tre; 12-29-2017 at 8:40 AM.
Old     (MooSeMan)      Join Date: Sep 2017       12-29-2017, 4:36 PM Reply   
g~eeee Y do u keep wizzzing on your self???let me School you on gel coat ,first it meant sprayed in a mold ,its just Colored resin,,,, thats what gives it the high luster ,gel coat DONT spray like paint it rippples ,,,it should be NO thicker than 7~10 mm,,,In general gelcoat should not excede around .030 of an inch a 1/4 inch is .250
in reality you could build it up thick , but it will probably be too brittle and crack again. WHATS UP WITH THOSE DIVOTS IN YOUR BOAT ,,,it did come out good ,,,But did you do it right the first time ??? you have to fill those craters more than once ???you dont call a Mastercraftmen a hack when you dont know what your talking about ,I've been doing gelcoat repairs over 40 years ...who wants to take 3 days to fix stuff ,when it should take 15 mins,,,you have NO idea on how to fix 250 cracks,,,I do and I did it...
Attached Images

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       12-29-2017, 4:54 PM Reply   
Yes Moose your right I’m a total hack with no street cred! I have no idea what I’m doing. What was I thinking. On a serious note. Sorry if I insulted you and your work. Let’s just call it a day and have a beer. Happy New Year to you. I got out on the water today Lake Don Pedro this time pretty amazing we are having a awesome winter.
Attached Images

Old     (bass10after)      Join Date: Feb 2010       12-29-2017, 9:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Yes Moose your right I’m a total hack with no street cred! I have no idea what I’m doing. What was I thinking. On a serious note. Sorry if I insulted you and your work. Let’s just call it a day and have a beer. Happy New Year to you. I got out on the water today Lake Don Pedro this time pretty amazing we are having a awesome winter.
thats more like it! Actually you were in my neck of the woods coulda used a beer or two
Old     (jonblarc7)      Join Date: Jul 2006       12-30-2017, 6:13 PM Reply   
Grant I sent you a PM
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       12-31-2017, 2:40 PM Reply   
This thread is a hoot!
G that Natique is SWEET!!!
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       01-04-2018, 5:34 AM Reply   
Grant you wanna sell that boat yet?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-04-2018, 1:09 PM Reply   
Sure: what’s your offer?
Old     (Reddog78)      Join Date: Mar 2017       01-07-2018, 7:11 PM Reply   
Half a bitcoin!?
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-07-2018, 8:46 PM Reply   
Wow the generosity of strangers! Can I throw in some money for Gas so your not out?
Attached Images

Old     (matty_gs)      Join Date: Sep 2008       03-31-2018, 2:14 PM Reply   
Can we have one post where people don't trash each other the whole time? This forum used to be about spreading joy. Now it's just squeaky wheels picking on each other the whole time.