Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-13-2017, 8:07 PM Reply   
Milo and his “Dangerous ****** Tour.”
I turned on the local news here in the bay aera, and saw that Milo & Martin Shkrelias were going to speak at UC Davis. It was set up by a group called "The Campus Republicans" Well I guess what ever they were going to say was so bad that protesters threw hammers threw the Events windows and caused a ruckus so they canceled the event. LOL you lefties sure are violent and destructive. I guess freedom of speech is ok unless it's somthing the lefties don't like?

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/0...smash-windows/
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2017, 12:59 AM Reply   
I googled Milo and watched part of one of his speeches. Not good. I think he hurts the cause.
Old     (markj)      Join Date: Apr 2005       01-14-2017, 1:12 AM Reply   
^^^Having said that, how can anyone be surprised at students acting like idiots when their professors are even bigger idiots that fuel the fire of hatred towards conservative thought? These kids are brainwashed from a very young age. Our only hope is to teach our kids to think for themselves or never allow them into the public school system.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-14-2017, 6:10 AM Reply   
The left feels as if they have the right to take away people's 1st amendment right. They also give them selfs the power to label anything they disagree with "Hate Speech" I though the lefties were all about tolerance & diversity? And isn't a college campus where these free thinkers are supposed gather and discuss ideas and views?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-14-2017, 9:26 AM Reply   
I have yet to see any "lefties" wanting to revoke the 1st. Perhaps you are just ignorant of what free speech the 1st protects.

Quote:
Our only hope is to teach our kids to think for themselves or never allow them into the public school system.
Oh, the irony!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-14-2017, 10:55 AM Reply   
Social Justice Warriors: throwing rocks and acting as "they do" is fine BUT if you happen to say or believe things that go against what they Believe your views or Ideas must be silenced. Hypocrites

Example
Fly I deem what your say "Hate Speech" you need to be gone!

O the Irony
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-14-2017, 11:18 AM Reply   
Throwing rocks is a crime. Nothing to do with the 1st amendment. Not sure why it's so hard for you to understand the purpose of the 1st. You are perfectly free to say I need to be gone. There is no irony here. Just a demonstration of your ignorance.

The irony comment was obviously directed at Mark's post. It's ironic that his idea of teaching a child to think for themselves is to isolate them from the general public so that they have most or all the information presented to them under the control of the parent. Parents get to spend far more time with their child to instill the wisdom and knowledge they deem appropriate than any teacher with an ideology. Kids spend most of their time in school learning basic skills. If by the time your child gets to college you haven't been able impress them with your wisdom, it's probably because you don't have any. So it should be no surprise that they are off thinking for themselves based on them acquiring what they feel is knowledge from better sources.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-14-2017, 11:44 AM Reply   
There are twats and hypocrites everywhere and on both sides, all you can do is call it out when you see it. Labeling these people as representatives of the left does nothing for anybody IMO. They may have some left ideas but once they start protesting in this way they are not behaving in a liberal way, they are just being violent hypocrites.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-14-2017, 2:50 PM Reply   
John: these people realize that if they do what they traditionally do: yell scream, start fights, throw rocks, tip over a cop car, light a fire, shoot a cop, ya know all they Typical things that the Social justice warriors like to do. They can shut down a event just like they did last night & no ideas were expressed no opinions aired so in effect Milos freedom of speech was taken away. I know you don't like to connect the dots when they prove your point wrong but at this point I know your style you would argue with a fence post to pass time

Last edited by grant_west; 01-14-2017 at 2:52 PM.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-14-2017, 7:42 PM Reply   
I've never heard a fence post say anything I disagreed with.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       01-14-2017, 8:19 PM Reply   
What surprises me Grant, is you identify Milo's message as partisan issues and have no problem defending it. I might even go as far as to say you're proud to be a part of it. Same thing happened at Columbia University. I for one don't put enough thought into his rhetoric to protest him, but i'm not going to support him either. As for Shkreli (Not Shkrelias) I've had the pleasure of seeing him kicked out of a party where he it appeared that he needed a safe space to shed his tears and tell everyone how great he was.

I read something a few weeks ago about when history looks back on this period in time and what side of the argument you're on.
Old     (Cabledog)      Join Date: Dec 2013       01-15-2017, 7:34 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
Throwing rocks is a crime. Nothing to do with the 1st amendment. Not sure why it's so hard for you to understand the purpose of the 1st. You are perfectly free to say I need to be gone. There is no irony here. Just a demonstration of your ignorance.

The irony comment was obviously directed at Mark's post. It's ironic that his idea of teaching a child to think for themselves is to isolate them from the general public so that they have most or all the information presented to them under the control of the parent. Parents get to spend far more time with their child to instill the wisdom and knowledge they deem appropriate than any teacher with an ideology. Kids spend most of their time in school learning basic skills. If by the time your child gets to college you haven't been able impress them with your wisdom, it's probably because you don't have any. So it should be no surprise that they are off thinking for themselves based on them acquiring what they feel is knowledge from better sources.
I don't want to speak for Mark but my takeaway was that the liberal ideology and social programming present in today's public schools is unnecessary. Same goes for conservative ideology. Teach our kids math, history, English and leave the politics and social programming out of it. I don't need my 2nd grader taught it's okay to be a girl when you have a penis etc. These are not age appropriate topics but in ultra liberal areas like the Bay Area (Mark) or Puget Sound (me) this crap happens and are real concerns. It's a lot to take from his short comment but ithats what I got from it.

Last edited by Cabledog; 01-15-2017 at 7:36 AM.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-15-2017, 7:36 AM Reply   
Double: I could Care less about Milo. I don't subscribe, don't follow, Don't care. What I do protest to is. People getting out of control because they "don't like what you have to say" one side seems to be pretty hostile when they don't get their way. Hummm what dude do u think I'm talking about
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-15-2017, 8:52 AM Reply   
Cable; I see your point and you are 100% correct. Both sides of the political spectrum should be taught, in today's Collage climate republican views and thoughts are not welcome. In a place where free thinking is supposed to be taught and welcomed why are views from the right side oppressed.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-15-2017, 12:10 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublemwa View Post
What surprises me Grant, is you identify Milo's message as partisan issues and have no problem defending it. I might even go as far as to say you're proud to be a part of it. Same thing happened at Columbia University. I for one don't put enough thought into his rhetoric to protest him, but i'm not going to support him either. As for Shkreli (Not Shkrelias) I've had the pleasure of seeing him kicked out of a party where he it appeared that he needed a safe space to shed his tears and tell everyone how great he was.

I read something a few weeks ago about when history looks back on this period in time and what side of the argument you're on.
You can defend someone's right to speak without supporting what they say. That's what freedom of speech is about
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       01-15-2017, 2:57 PM Reply   
For sure both sides have a right to say they want and freedom of speech isn't an excuse for destruction, nor is it acceptable. But what i'm wondering is how you know it was the left that was protesting?

A lot of republicans are lining up behind Milo because he inflames so many. I called you a raciest previously only to get a rise out of you. But there is a lot to be learned by looking at the company one keeps. At the end of the day, compassion and tolerance shouldn't be a partisan issue, as you're trying to make it with this thread.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-15-2017, 4:41 PM Reply   
Sorry guys if your able to recognize reality I don't know what to say. Your welcome to your opinion but sorry that's not reality.
#1 the left are the ones who Protesting Violently,

Please answer this question.
How many gun toating Thugs you think Vote Republican?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-15-2017, 5:22 PM Reply   
Quote:

I don't think Grants post had anything to do at all with supporting the message or making the message a partisan issue. What he made the issue with was the actions of those liberal lunatics who are more intolerant and destructive than any right leaning person in America when they disagree. The actual constitution does not exist in their mind. It's sickening what they are able to get away with.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-15-2017, 7:41 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by grant_west View Post
Cable; I see your point and you are 100% correct. Both sides of the political spectrum should be taught, in today's Collage climate republican views and thoughts are not welcome. In a place where free thinking is supposed to be taught and welcomed why are views from the right side oppressed.
Grant could you give some examples of "oppression" of the right?

I get the argument that intolerance of my intolerant views is intolerant, but I'm having trouble of actual examples of oppression.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-15-2017, 8:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstarrider View Post
....liberal lunatics who are more intolerant and destructive than any right leaning person in America when they disagree.....
That's just not true, the extremes on both sides are as destructive as each other. This type of one eyed tribalism is part of the problem.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-15-2017, 9:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
That's just not true, the extremes on both sides are as destructive as each other. This type of one eyed tribalism is part of the problem.
Feel free to name 5 instances in the past 3 years where members from right leaning groups , destroyed property, intimated speakers, closed down rally's, lead protests closing down streets, intimidated shoppers, and closed major business venues.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-15-2017, 11:10 PM Reply   
Sorry I didn't see anyone answering my question!!!! "How many of these gun toating Thugs vote Republican" ummmm I think we all know the answer is next to ZERO . You Libs don't need to answer that's ok I know it makes your side or movement look stupid but that's ok, we all know it. Ralph has said basically there are knuckle heads on both sides (can't we all get along) . & I agree with him. The Right has it idiots KKK and Alt right straight up dumb ass people, the diff is we can call a spade a spade. Milo is a Jeark but that Dosent mean he can't have a say. But let's call a duck a duck. Libs are intolerant, but they preach tolerance. So in my book they are all crybaby hypocrites.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2017, 4:07 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry I didn't see anyone answering my question!!!! "How many of these gun toating Thugs vote Republican" ummmm I think we all know the answer is next to ZERO . You Libs don't need to answer that's ok I know it makes your side or movement look stupid but that's ok, we all know it. Ralph has said basically there are knuckle heads on both sides (can't we all get along) . & I agree with him. The Right has it idiots KKK and Alt right straight up dumb ass people, the diff is we can call a spade a spade. Milo is a Jeark but that Dosent mean he can't have a say. But let's call a duck a duck. Libs are intolerant, but they preach tolerance. So in my book they are all crybaby hypocrites.
No, a better question is "How many of these gun toating (sic) Thugs vote period"? You are delusional if you think people that loot and riot have any interest in the US political system. You and Swatguy inaccurately conclude that if they aren't out in the street, waving a flag for Donald Trump, then they are "liberals" or "Democratic operatives". Most of these clowns are just opportunity rioters. For example, the Rodney King riots. Do you think most of the people that were looting stores gave a damn about the injustice King experienced? Most simply saw it as a chance to smash windows or grab a new TV.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-16-2017, 6:25 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry I didn't see anyone answering my question!!!! "How many of these gun toating Thugs vote Republican" ummmm I think we all know the answer is next to ZERO .
So you actually think they vote?

edit; LOL just saw Jeremy's post.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-16-2017, 8:34 AM Reply   
As a matter of fact almost every gun toting , gangbanger votes here in Chicago and in Detroit. I would assume same follow suit in other major city across the nation . You're sadly mistaken if you don't think they vote. In most of these circles the gangs, the political activists like Jessie and Al and their supporters actual pay them to go vote d get people to vote . Gang members also Intimidate the people of their area to vote certain ways and are rewarded for their actions. In the past few elections they even purchased coach busses to give people rides to the polls.

It was quoted that I believe everyone protesting is a democrat. Do I think every protester is a democrat. Nope. I bet a few voted for Bernie as well. There are for sure professional agitators and people who just seize the opportunity to cause mayhem and destruction, but those are the minority. I'll open to question up to anyone. Name 5 major protests that caused destruction ,property damage, intimidated people for having different views, or was a result of a lost election that was spear headed by the right? I have heard plenty of people saying we are wrong in our assumptions. Provide us some facts

Last edited by xstarrider; 01-16-2017 at 8:43 AM.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-16-2017, 8:40 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wake77 View Post
No, a better question is "How many of these gun toating (sic) Thugs vote period"? You are delusional if you think people that loot and riot have any interest in the US political system. You and Swatguy inaccurately conclude that if they aren't out in the street, waving a flag for Donald Trump, then they are "liberals" or "Democratic operatives". Most of these clowns are just opportunity rioters. For example, the Rodney King riots. Do you think most of the people that were looting stores gave a damn about the injustice King experienced? Most simply saw it as a chance to smash windows or grab a new TV.
Actually I know most of the people rioting give a crap about politics . Not based on political views , but based on what benefits them the most . Most were probably on government aid and received government handouts. Are you correct in the fact most probably didn't give a crap about the injustice ........100%. Most probably had criminal records already, or had a gang affiliation and wreak havoc on their own neighborhoods. Much like the riots did, But if you don't think these groups don't turn out to vote you're sadly mistaken. Their livelihood depends on who is in political office and what money gets sent their way
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       01-16-2017, 9:06 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry guys if your able to recognize reality I don't know what to say. Your welcome to your opinion but sorry that's not reality.
#1 the left are the ones who Protesting Violently,

Please answer this question.
How many gun toating Thugs you think Vote Republican?
We can go *** for tat on which side is more violent all day and cherry pick each other to death. But using your logic of who votes for who, you should look within your own house before judging others. If I recall both the KKK and Bashar al-Assad both endorsed the GOP.

But you haven't answered my question, do you think compassion and tolerance is a partisan issue?
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-16-2017, 11:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry I didn't see anyone answering my question!!!! "How many of these gun toating Thugs vote Republican" ummmm I think we all know the answer is next to ZERO
The real answer is, does it matter? What point are you trying to make, if a nut does something evil and they also vote democrat, then all democrats have a tendency to be unhinged? Faulty logic.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-16-2017, 12:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
The real answer is, does it matter? What point are you trying to make, if a nut does something evil and they also vote democrat, then all democrats have a tendency to be unhinged? Faulty logic.
He thinks that democrats are engineering these people. What conservatives don't realize is that we all are engineering our own bulls**t. We'd rather kill people in other countries than educate our kids. We'd rather buy cheap products than protect the economy. We'd rather create discriminatory HC policy and line the pockets of HI/HC executives than provide affordable HC. That's why young people turn away from conservative ideology. It's selfish, shallow minded, and transparently lacking in substance. Electing Trump was just the icing on the conservative idiocracy.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2017, 1:30 PM Reply   
^ you are correct in some of your thinking^
I see these dis-enfranchised people (another word for Pants on the ground people) as people that vote what supports their "F" up life style. Rewards single mothers for poping out kids. Rewards people with food and money for contributing nothing. Free housing, Free Education,Free Medical and yes that's Health Care.
You wanna put a tattoo across your face, you wanna become domestic partners with your dog, you wanna die your hair Neon Green and study the Bongo Drums at Uc bearkly and then complain you can't find work??? You bet these people vote to a party that welcomes and rewards anti social actions
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-16-2017, 3:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Actually I know most of the people rioting give a crap about politics . Not based on political views , but based on what benefits them the most . Most were probably on government aid and received government handouts. Are you correct in the fact most probably didn't give a crap about the injustice ........100%. Most probably had criminal records already, or had a gang affiliation and wreak havoc on their own neighborhoods. Much like the riots did, But if you don't think these groups don't turn out to vote you're sadly mistaken. Their livelihood depends on who is in political office and what money gets sent their way
You do realize that there is a healthy proportion of people that vote republican (particularly in the south) that are "on government aid and receive government handouts".

I think you are dead wrong if you believe gang members are voting regularly in elections.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-16-2017, 4:37 PM Reply   
Yes Your right Ghetto people like you talked about (Poor White Trash) yes I'm sure they Vote to the right. While waving the confederate flag "Yea Haw" but these are Not the people that are talking about. They are not marching and protesting shooting cops, burning and looting shutting down speaking events. Ok here is a Idea. let's see these pussy a$$ UC Davis protesters try and shut down a monster truck event, LOL
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-16-2017, 10:19 PM Reply   
I am still hearing the crickets for the right wing protests of destruction I'll even lower it to 3 and expand it to the 8yrs of Obama
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-17-2017, 6:37 AM Reply   
What's the right got to protest about? Everyone having HI?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-17-2017, 10:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
What's the right got to protest about? Everyone having HI?
John John John

Benghazi? (dead American Soldiers)

Fast and Furious (dead American LEO's)

Email Scandal.

BLM ( fact that families who tried to kill officers were pararded through the White House as martyrs)

Fact Obama was wrong condemning numerous LEO's on nations biggest stage before having any facts ( all his accusations proven false btw)

Obamacare which has increased health care costs to millions and reduced coverage. My costs have doubled my options fir care have halved and my out of pocket expensive per visit have almost tripled.

Common Core Educational mandate

Clintons Campaign Venues

Do you need more ?

If the Right followed the actions of all the intolerant babies on the left ,we would have burned city's , shut down business , beat and attacked people with different views, shut down any event that goes on with different views by using any means necessary, including violence. Screamed racist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Instead people turned out to vote like civilized human beings , not whiny babies .
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-17-2017, 10:20 AM Reply   
Quote:
Common Core Educational mandate
I'll never understand why people are against Common Core, unless they dont know what it actually is.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-17-2017, 11:32 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakemitch View Post
I'll never understand why people are against Common Core, unless they dont know what it actually is.

Seeing is how my wife is a principal , my inlaws and my Mom at all retired teachers I know exactly what is , and it's awful. Complete garbage , don't even get me into the fact it was rammed down school district's throats to ensure funding. Kids lost complete years worth of education by being forced to a transition with no thought for how to ensure the transition was good for the kids at certain grade levels. A vote was given to 4 of the major school districts here in some of the highest rated schools in the state. An overwhelming majority of 82% of teachers are still completely opposed to it.

In a nutshell It's designed to teach for testing ? Not to teach fundamentals of learning. A federal mandated educational program , designed by bean counters , rammed down schools throats is garbage . It's a very " robotic" way of teaching that does not leave room for pure development of young minds

You obviously believe otherwise. Why do you feel it bettered our schools ?

Last edited by xstarrider; 01-17-2017 at 11:37 AM.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-17-2017, 12:04 PM Reply   
Quote:
I am still hearing the crickets for the right wing protests of destruction I'll even lower it to 3 and expand it to the 8yrs of Obama
You seem fixated on the us and them mentality, why? For what purpose?

Let's spilt people in to groups so we can label them, discount there views without considering them and feel secure in our ideas, my group is best! Yay for us.

There is no us and them, it's all just us.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-17-2017, 12:39 PM Reply   
Quote:

Let's spilt people in to groups so we can label them, discount there views without considering them and feel secure in our ideas, my group is best! Yay for us.

My only "us vs them " view point is the good guys vs the criminals. That's is my only distinct viewpoint I tend to follow. For obvious reasons.

Politics and social viewpoints will always be debatable. I have my views and feelings based on my experiences . I have left all my conclusions and arguments open with an opportunity for those who seem to disagree to provide proof and facts for their arguments and statements. I truly believe in discussion . Discussions with facts and proof. Not discussions based on hearsay and conjecture. I've responded with facts and data , can't say the same for the others. Feel free to discuss you're reasons .

Unfortunately in America there is an us and them. Our political system is set up that way. Policies and viewpoints differ greatly between the two groups when it comes to certain things. It isn't an absolute all or nothing in my eyes. I share some ideas the left does also , however a majority of my feelings and views sway me more right(I know shocking right) . At the end of the day you can either accept the fact this is reality or live in in fantasyland and sing kumbaya. I truly believe if Washington spent more time actually sitting in a room and talking, working towards solutions by presenting ideas and keeping an open mind , rather than being more focused on re-election campaigns, we all would win. Ultimately I would argue everyone wants the same goals. There is just a huge discrepancy in which way people think is the right way to obtain those goals
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-17-2017, 1:01 PM Reply   
Examples of Right wing violence:

I'll bet the gun toting militia that took over the nature reserve by force all voted Republican.

The dude that shot up the Sikh temple in Wisconson was very Republican (side note : also completely ignorant of the difference between a muslum and a Sikh)

The 2009 murder of Dr. George Tiller by an anti-abortion activist

Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church shooting. The shooter said he was motivated by a "hatred of liberals, democrats and gays"

Guy who murdered Dr. John Britton (anti-abortion nutjob)

Suicide attack on an Austin IRS building by republican

Timothy McVeigh obviously.

On a smaller scale (like what the violent liberals you are complaining about are doing) the right wing has :

After Obamas election in 2008 three white male attackers shouted “F&*( Obama!” and “Ni$%^& president!” as they broke the nose and fractured the eye-socket of one of Obamas campaign volunteers

A black church in Massachusetts was burned down after the O election.

Since Trumps elections their has been a massive spike in crimes against Muslims, Latinos, blacks, and the LGBT community from "make america great again" cap wearing douch-tards.

I'm sure I could dig up more examples if you want.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-17-2017, 1:14 PM Reply   
Quote:
Seeing is how my wife is a principal , my inlaws and my Mom at all retired teachers I know exactly what is , and it's awful. Complete garbage , don't even get me into the fact it was rammed down school district's throats to ensure funding. Kids lost complete years worth of education by being forced to a transition with no thought for how to ensure the transition was good for the kids at certain grade levels. A vote was given to 4 of the major school districts here in some of the highest rated schools in the state. An overwhelming majority of 82% of teachers are still completely opposed to it.

In a nutshell It's designed to teach for testing ? Not to teach fundamentals of learning. A federal mandated educational program , designed by bean counters , rammed down schools throats is garbage . It's a very " robotic" way of teaching that does not leave room for pure development of young minds

You obviously believe otherwise. Why do you feel it bettered our schools ?
I am a teacher. There is no such thing as a "Common Core educational mandate" from the federal govt.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-17-2017, 1:32 PM Reply   
On a different note: common core blows!
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-17-2017, 1:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Unfortunately in America there is an us and them. Our political system is set up that way.
I 100% agree but by buying in to the liberal or conservative narrative you continually reinforce this paradigm. Unless the public stop being herded in to these groups to oppose each other policy will never be evaluated as works/doesn't work rather than left/right.

Quote:
I truly believe if Washington spent more time actually sitting in a room and talking, working towards solutions by presenting ideas and keeping an open mind , rather than being more focused on re-election campaigns, we all would win. Ultimately I would argue everyone wants the same goals.
Again I totally agree. Let's work towards moving to a system like that rather than moving away from it like we are now. We have evolved beyond the need for tribalism, to progress further as a species/society we need to let it go.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-17-2017, 1:53 PM Reply   
I had an interesting conversation with a more intellectual friend of mine, she leans more left than I do (strangely, I would be considered right wing in the NZ political spectrum) she contracts as a consultant to govt departments so gets to see an inside look. Her view was there is so much incompetence and waste in policy implementation that it doesn't matter if it is left or right, what is most importance is competence. Well implemented right ideas are better than poorly implemented left and vise versa. In the big scheme of things there isn't enough of a difference between dems and Republican policy to be the deciding factor, its who you think can screw up the least will end up being the best for the country
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       01-17-2017, 7:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by plhorn View Post

I'll bet the gun toting militia that took over the nature reserve by force all voted Republican.

The dude that shot up the Sikh temple in Wisconson was very Republican (side note : also completely ignorant of the difference between a muslum and a Sikh)

Knoxville Unitarian Universalist Church shooting. The shooter said he was motivated by a "hatred of liberals, democrats and gays"

On a smaller scale (like what the violent liberals you are complaining about are doing) the right wing has :

After Obamas election in 2008 three white male attackers shouted “F&*( Obama!” and “Ni$%^& president!” as they broke the nose and fractured the eye-socket of one of Obamas campaign volunteers

Since Trumps elections their has been a massive spike in crimes against Muslims, Latinos, blacks, and the LGBT community from "make america great again" cap wearing douch-tards.

You're 110% correct. Not to mention, it's the right the pride themselves in gun ownership and right to carry. Let alone the irony in the "I'm a patriot" mantra from the right but they continue to stock pile guns against a govt they don't trust. At the end of the day, Far right violence has is a staple in historical crime stats.

The issue is, you can't reason with the un-reasonable. You can hit them with facts all day and not get anywhere. Any minute now Grant and Detla are going to remind you that Hillary was SOS during Benghazi and she had some classified emails on a private server. Delta thinks republicans have been the conservative party since Lincoln for christ sakes. He will even post a link to a guy's blog to prove it!

It's Jonestown all over again. If Trump tells them to drink the cool-aide, then it's bottoms up!
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-17-2017, 10:37 PM Reply   
Double sorry to disappoint, I won't do what typical Libs do and try and blame the last guy. Now it's gonna be about getting the snow flakes on board
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       01-18-2017, 2:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
Double sorry to disappoint, I won't do what typical Libs do and try and blame the last guy. Now it's gonna be about getting the snow flakes on board
Obama is leaving the WH with the US economy in pretty good shape.
Bush left the WH with the country in one of the worst recessions in decades and heavily involved in two wars.

See the difference?
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-18-2017, 6:47 AM Reply   
No they can't see the difference because their world revolves around partisan politics. The actual issues are too complicated for them to understand. But left vs right only gives them a 50% chance of being wrong and they still got it wrong.

Like swatguy who thinks that Benghazi is a protestable thing even after the highest level of right wing govt investigated the issue with a vengeance and concluded that basically nothing was actionable and Hillary did nothing wrong. Even their man Trump claimed that nobody is interested in convicting Hillary. That his performance before the election was simply a show to get the knuckledraggers to vote for him.
Old     (doublemwa)      Join Date: May 2016       01-18-2017, 7:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
It's not an issue of who you're going to blame. The issue is that you, and most republicans, are immune to facts and reality.

As stated above, Obama is leaving the economy in pretty good shape, but you're going tell us its not. Then you'll cherry pick some small issue to base your argument. You're confusing "blame" with holding accountable.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-18-2017, 9:56 AM Reply   
Hummm How's this Economy is Great! & getting even better (With the Trump admin coming in) Obama did a great Job! So end of that part of your argument.

Now back to the Original topic. Snowflakes Libra Tards plan on protesting the inauguration. Now I have zero problem with people protesting (peacefully) but that's Not what these left wing idiots are planning. Shutting down or blocking traffic, here even in my local town. So let's re-cap. Your Party lost fair and square. Your party made a big deal of Trump saying he May not accept the Ellection results if he lost. The media made a big deal out of it. now that the shoe is on the other foot it's ok to protest and not accept the results. Where is the moderate Librals saying "come on guys we lost" let's stop this and move forward
Old    deltahoosier            01-18-2017, 11:26 AM Reply   
Quote:

Democrats are doing a pretty good job of this on their own. Grandstanding that they will not go to see Trump sworn in.
Old    deltahoosier            01-18-2017, 11:41 AM Reply   
Quote:
You're 110% correct. Not to mention, it's the right the pride themselves in gun ownership and right to carry. Let alone the irony in the "I'm a patriot" mantra from the right but they continue to stock pile guns against a govt they don't trust. At the end of the day, Far right violence has is a staple in historical crime stats.

The issue is, you can't reason with the un-reasonable. You can hit them with facts all day and not get anywhere. Any minute now Grant and Detla are going to remind you that Hillary was SOS during Benghazi and she had some classified emails on a private server. Delta thinks republicans have been the conservative party since Lincoln for christ sakes. He will even post a link to a guy's blog to prove it!

It's Jonestown all over again. If Trump tells them to drink the cool-aide, then it's bottoms up!
You apparently don't understand that conservative and liberal are points of reference to the current landscape and have zero to do with absolute policy.

As far as Clinton goes, the rest of us would be in jail if we treated classified data like that. The one guy in the navy got put in jail for over a year for taking a picture on a sub.

You really want me to start posting link after link of what has to be hundreds of highway blockaids, riots, store looting and so on? You obviously don't pay attention to the followups to these "uptick" of Republican racial violence were actually performed by democrat operatives. Like the Northwestern incident. The high school incident and so on.

As far as stock piling guns. Yes, people should not trust the absolute powerful or trust others outside the country. If one thing history tells us, absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Old    deltahoosier            01-18-2017, 11:43 AM Reply   
Quote:
It's not an issue of who you're going to blame. The issue is that you, and most republicans, are immune to facts and reality.

As stated above, Obama is leaving the economy in pretty good shape, but you're going tell us its not. Then you'll cherry pick some small issue to base your argument. You're confusing "blame" with holding accountable.
How can he leave the economy in any shape? He did not pass a budget his entire time in office. Just like when he was in congress. He did not vote then either.
Old    deltahoosier            01-18-2017, 11:46 AM Reply   
Quote:

How is this for immune to facts. Over 60% of the states hate your politics and you are losing more and more each election. Who's facts are we going to proceed with? We are only a couple states away from being able to amend the constitution. Let's look at those facts.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2017, 1:54 PM Reply   
Quote:
Your Party lost fair and square.
Even Trump has admitted that Russia influenced the election. Define Fair and Square...
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-18-2017, 2:14 PM Reply   
Quote:

Are you high? Historical crime stats??? Have you seen the crime stats of the nation. Democratic areas have the highest crime index of any other city. Record book homicides in numerous areas acros the country. Coinicidence?????????i think not. As pointed out by many people here. Plenty of right leaning people on aid as well. What are the crime indexes in their areas ? The murder rates per capita ?

If we are going to use violence as a counter as revealed in the post you quoted, let's be fair an start racking up all the violence
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-18-2017, 2:16 PM Reply   
Man I wish I would have known that Play Dough and therapy dogs would be in such demand.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-18-2017, 2:29 PM Reply   
Quote:

You realize for everyone of those same events you mentioned i can dig up just as many crazy liberals right? You are completely missing the entire premise of the discussion. Each side obviously has its extreme psychos. The discussion was about tolerance, protests, the 1st amendment and the actions of each party's members. IT WASN"T ABOUT BOMB THROWING PSYCHOS, just mental defunct individuals who seem to think their thoughts are the only thoughts that have a right to be heard.

My list of leftie domestic terrorists would go *** for tat with yours if were were to go back in time. Some of the most violent activists in our history are from the left. You're speaking about apples to oranges here. If you want to talk about killing rates and get on that I would be happy to provide you all the crime stats of the democratic run major cities, vs the republican run ones and we gan go from there. Then we can start talking murderers and lunatics.
Old    deltahoosier            01-18-2017, 3:05 PM Reply   
Quote:
Even Trump has admitted that Russia influenced the election. Define Fair and Square...
Have not seen that memo.Julian Assange from Wikileaks has said over and over that his documents did not come from the Russians. Regardless of where they came from, the fact remains that Hillary and the democrat party leadership screwed Bernie. People got fired for it as well. Seems legit to me considering everyone could see it even from the Republican side that he was getting the shaft. Many issues there.

What I am hearing is people are mad that the corruption was uncovered and not that the corruption was happening?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2017, 3:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
You realize for everyone of those same events you mentioned i can dig up just as many crazy liberals right?
Of course both sides have nut jobs and violent protest. I was just answering the question about examples.
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2017, 3:23 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltahoosier View Post
Have not seen that memo.Julian Assange from Wikileaks has said over and over that his documents did not come from the Russians. Regardless of where they came from, the fact remains that Hillary and the democrat party leadership screwed Bernie. People got fired for it as well. Seems legit to me considering everyone could see it even from the Republican side that he was getting the shaft. Many issues there.

What I am hearing is people are mad that the corruption was uncovered and not that the corruption was happening?

Hillary is no longer in the picture. You can let that go now. When justifying your chosen leader you now have to actually talk about Trump and not go back to "Clinton is awful". Start explaining how Trump is good (this should be fun)
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-18-2017, 3:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
Have not seen that memo,
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...acking-n703971

"Trump Says Russia Had Role in Hacks, Insists There Was No Election Impact"
>>>>>
According to a declassified version of a long-anticipated report, the intelligence community found "Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the U.S. presidential election. Russia's goals were to undermine public faith in the U.S. democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump."
<<<<<

So Trump says yeah they Hacked the election, but then backpedals and says it didn't effect anything. The one thing you definitely can't know one way or the other is if people voted for Trump because they knew the facts or believed the Memes and propaganda that Russia put out. So the title of the article should be "Trump admits Russia had a role in hacks, then pulled crap out of his butt about the impact on the election."
Old    deltahoosier            01-18-2017, 4:29 PM Reply   
Quote:
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/poli...acking-n703971

"Trump Says Russia Had Role in Hacks, Insists There Was No Election Impact"
>>>>>
According to a declassified version of a long-anticipated report, the intelligence community found "Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the U.S. presidential election. Russia's goals were to undermine public faith in the U.S. democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump."
<<<<<

So Trump says yeah they Hacked the election, but then backpedals and says it didn't effect anything. The one thing you definitely can't know one way or the other is if people voted for Trump because they knew the facts or believed the Memes and propaganda that Russia put out. So the title of the article should be "Trump admits Russia had a role in hacks, then pulled crap out of his butt about the impact on the election."
NEWS FLASH: ALL GOVERNMENTS TRY AND INFLUENCE US ELECTIONS. They always have.
Old    deltahoosier            01-18-2017, 5:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
Hillary is no longer in the picture. You can let that go now. When justifying your chosen leader you now have to actually talk about Trump and not go back to "Clinton is awful". Start explaining how Trump is good (this should be fun)
If she is no longer in the picture then why are you worrying about who influenced the election? Seems like the discussion is around Clinton and the Russian connection on her not getting elected.

Trump is not even my 3rd pick so there is that and my vote certainly did not count in California in the general election and in the primaries as it was decided before it got to me.

With that said, What I like about Trump is:

- He is not going bullied (especially by the press or foreign leaders)
- I think he understands what it takes to move projects along
- He understands what regulations are killing investment in the US and stops projects
- He understands that no country has ever undergone such a demographic shift outside of a major invasion
- He is pro 2nd amendment

I am sure I can find more, however I think these are good discussion points.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-18-2017, 10:24 PM Reply   
Swat, you seem to be interested in education. Curious what your honest assessment is of DeVos?
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-19-2017, 6:57 AM Reply   
Trade deals is a big one really. Or more so having leadership with a spine. What happens is we make trade agreements to even the playing field. Which is good. But after that our neighboring countries will do other things that basically undermine our agreement, like devalue currency. Thus making us unable to compete. That, when added to the fact it is already more expensive to build, produce, provide any product or service in the us makes us unable to compete. We need leadership that doesn't just sit back and pat themselves on the back for making an agreement that on paper looks good.

It will be interesting to see if anyone agrees with me on this. IMHO negotiating is an art, hence why I think trump (author of art of the deal) will actually do really well for our economy.
Old     (fly135)      Join Date: Jun 2004       01-19-2017, 7:02 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo8290 View Post
IMHO negotiating is an art, hence why I think trump (author of art of the deal) will actually do really well for our economy.
What the actual author of Art of the Deal said about Trump.

"Let's be clear: whatever else Donald Trump is, it's a self-perpetuated myth that he's a good closer."
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-19-2017, 7:31 AM Reply   
I guess I was wrong to assume... He's probably never bought or sold anything before.
Old     (stevo8290)      Join Date: Sep 2008       01-19-2017, 7:42 AM Reply   
Tony Schwartz has some pretty strong feelings against Trump. And probably for good reason. I agree with a lot that he says based on my own observations of him from far away. I guess in the end he seems like a pretty damage guy, hell bent on winning, in almost a sick way.
Old     (wakemitch)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-19-2017, 8:31 AM Reply   
How would you feel if Trump tweeted a shout out to a company praising your biggest business rival?
I'm assuming some of you are business owners.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-19-2017, 1:30 PM Reply   
The guy is a self absorbed insecure egomaniac. AND he's putting Rick Perry in charge of the nukes.
Old    deltahoosier            01-19-2017, 1:57 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
The guy is a self absorbed insecure egomaniac. AND he's putting Rick Perry in charge of the nukes.
How is Rick Perry in charge of Nukes?
Old     (plhorn)      Join Date: Dec 2005       01-19-2017, 1:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
NEWS FLASH: ALL GOVERNMENTS TRY AND INFLUENCE US ELECTIONS. They always have.
News flash this is the first time a candidate requested Russia to hack his opponent in a speech.

I'm sure you're fine with the Russians trying to screw with our elections but you might want to ask yourself why your OK with this. How do you think Regan would have reacted?
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-19-2017, 2:05 PM Reply   
Rod, that's the job he's being given.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       01-19-2017, 4:33 PM Reply   
http://www.gq.com/story/rick-perry-e...partment-nukes

Rod, still feeling good about the people Trump's judgment? Yikes.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-19-2017, 4:53 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by pesos View Post
http://www.gq.com/story/rick-perry-e...partment-nukes

Rod, still feeling good about the people Trump's judgment? Yikes.
Wait, what? It's THAT Department of Energy? I thought this was like a pep squad or something!
Old    deltahoosier            01-19-2017, 6:00 PM Reply   
I am not worried about Perry in that position. Did you worry when Bill Richardson or Hazel O'Leary were in charge? The Military are in charge of the "Nukes". The department of energy designs them and test them. Very different items. The military requests new weapons systems and the labs deliver (along with the other parts of the weapons complex). One man is not in charge. It is an admin position.
Old    deltahoosier            01-19-2017, 6:01 PM Reply   
Quote:
News flash this is the first time a candidate requested Russia to hack his opponent in a speech.

I'm sure you're fine with the Russians trying to screw with our elections but you might want to ask yourself why your OK with this. How do you think Regan would have reacted?
Are you OK with a person in her positoin having their information on unsecure servers so they can be hacked?
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       01-19-2017, 8:48 PM Reply   
Quote:
Of course both sides have nut jobs and violent protest. I was just answering the question about examples.
You actually didn't answer my question or provide any examples that fell within the criteria. Thanks for making an attempt tho
Old     (wiscxstar)      Join Date: Mar 2002       01-19-2017, 9:13 PM Reply   
Grant your attitude and treatment of other people is part of the problem...calling people lib-tards, snowflakes, consistently referring to the need of playdough etc. I highly doubt you don't follow Milo as he talks the very same way. As much as you want to defend free speech, you should also want to defend those who are the victims of other's who use their power, celebrity, political position, etc to attack and harass others....the type of attack that a guy like Milo does for a living.

We are humans and Americans. We all need to remember that. We can have different opinions and positions, but we can do that respectfully. I get it that violent protest is hypocritical (and I can agree on that), but I think some unfortunately see no other way. I think if both sides condemned Milo (and other's) with his attempt to profit and mainstream hate it would be a huge step forward.