Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-01-2015, 9:46 AM Reply   
The thread about the trolling motor or boat can be controlled by remote control had me thinking about other Technologies that could change how we boat.

This is a video of a "audio sculpture" it's designed to show how proximity sensors can detect where listeners are and then adjust the audio to suit where people are sitting.
Example: you could have one on the tower facing rear and when it didn't sence people or a rider behind your boat it would automatically turn the tower speakers off!!!!

http://youtu.be/EJqHZXRN77k

It kind of had me thinking. How often do you have people sitting in the bow of your boat the sensor could tell if you had occupants there and turn off the bow speakers, this would or could save or shift the power from your amps to the rest of the system. In an effort to save battery power and improve runtime. You could theoretically program "Modes" (Rider mode) could shift to the tower speakers and fade Down the interior speakers. (Chill Mode) could mute the tower and turn up the interior.
(Beach Mode) could shift the bass or sound to the back or front of the boat depending on where you were partying. I was thinking along the lines of Chevys 4-6-8 mode where it shut down cylinders to save on fuel.
Old     (DavidAnalog)      Join Date: Sep 2013       02-01-2015, 10:23 AM Reply   
That's interesting. Many factory automotive stereos have DSP in order to shape the arrival time and amplitude, speaker by speaker, for different occupant positions. Those settings are changed manually within the menu. It only makes sense as the next step to use proximity or other sensors in order to make those adjustments automatically as occupants change.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-01-2015, 11:18 AM Reply   
David that's an interesting idea about the DSP. How about this A DSP integrated EQ that can be controlled or manipulated via Bluetooth on your phone. The proximity sensors could be remotely placed around the boat and have a camera. This way our Selfy"obsessed generation could remotely take pictures from the various proximity sensors and or cameras located around your boat integrated with a hard drive that records. Imagine various dash cam style images from all around your boat that could be viewed from your phone. It would make a great security system if nothing else
Old     (srock)      Join Date: Mar 2002       02-05-2015, 7:46 AM Reply   
I would like a chip in my head so where ever I am on my boat the sound is perfect for me. If I go from relaxing in the drivers seat to sitting on the platform it would always be just right. I'm serious...

Perhaps I could even get some noise canceling component to stop the noise from captain crank who just pulled up next to me with more watts.